Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 10, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2006, 10:01 AM   #1
NeverSeen
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 106297
Arrow Can't decide on car/engine combo, HELP!!

So, I drove my buddies 04 WRX a couple times and fell in love with the handling, awd, and turbo. Then i went to a car meet with him, and a stock 2dr RS caught my eye. Already bought one new car this year, and can't bring myself to get another (new wrx) so i want to get a 2dr impreza and swap in a EJ20.

I've been reading every post on the boards for about 2 weeks now doing research here and all over the internet, and i have decided that i have NO idea what year car or what engine i should do.

To be honest i would love to convert to RHD and do a JDM swap, but i'm nervous about spending that much money on a clip with 40-50k miles.

So i started thinking USDM, and now i'm just lost.

I have no car, and i have no engine. All i know is i want a 2dr L with a EJ turbo engine.

Starting with nothing like i am, what is the best year for the L, and what engine should i use? I've built/swapped cars before so wiring and swapping isn't a huge deal (i'd like wiring to be as basic as possible though), its just getting my info straight on what car/engine combo to run. Theres just way to many combos out there to choose from.

ahhhh help.

Thanks,
Tim

PS. I saw a posting in the for sales of a 2003 WRX EJ20 w/ low miles, a 1.8 5spd trans, and 2002 wiring harness for like 3,000. is that a good dealy to start with and then look for a 1996+ car???
NeverSeen is offline   Reply With Quote