Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday December 25, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > UTEC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2006, 11:51 AM   #1
rstlss
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 105121
Vehicle:
2001 WRX
White

Default UTEC in Australia!!! - knocking due to cold air

Hi!

I'm Tim, from Sydney, Australia.
I came across the NASIOC forums in my travels on trying to find information on the TurboXs UTEC computers.

I own a Australian Delivered 2.0L WRX (Non STI), and am unsure on how much you guys n girls will be able to help me, but any help will always be greatly appreciated - as there is just no one over here to help me, due to the lack of WRX owners using this ECU.
I have currently a stage 4 setup (i think) - according to the USA setups - this being

TurboXs UTEC
VF22 Turbo
STI 550cc Injectors
255 Walbro Pump
Catless Uppipe
Dump pipe w/ 3" Exhaust + High Flow Cat
TurboXs FMIC
Short Ram AirPod
TurboXS RLF BOV

Unfortunately there are not that many people using the UTEC in Australia. The # is growing, but slowly. My car has been tuned by TurboXs over here in Australia, but i have a small problem which i am hoping some of you will be able to shead some light on. I am running the below maps, but my problem is with the difference of air temperatures between the day time and the night time.

Map 1 - 13psi on 11.1afr
Map 2 - 17.5psi on 10.8afr

Problems.....
Map 1 - No Problems
Map 2 - PROBLEMS!!! But only when cold air is a factor???

During the day, i dont get a knock signal thru the CEL (well very rarely). Air Temp being 27-30 degrees Celcius.
During the evening/night, i get knock signal thru the CEL constantly. Every time i give it a hit, it will knock. Air Temp being around 15-20 degrees Celcius.
This knocking occurs around 4500-5500 and usually only in 3rd or 4th gear pull.

How do u tune around this problem?
Do u need to take fuel out? Add fuel?
Add timing, take out timing?
Take out boost?

Cheers

Tim!
rstlss is offline   Reply With Quote