Brakes & Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack
|05-22-2007, 02:41 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2005
2006 WRX Wagon
Brake pads for lazy butts who street and track
Time is the thing I have least. Therefore I want to save time as much as possible. Saving $ comes a close second, but second.
- I need brake pads for my daily driving that are quiet, gentle, low dust, and comfy
- I need to swap in a 2nd set of pads when I go to the track day to prevent fading; and it must be able to safely get me to/from the track
- I want the minimum amount of work possible that still gets the job done
- for lazyness, I'll probably use the street pads for autox/rallyx since I don't believe fade is an issue there.
1) after my track days, I've noticed that only my front pads have worn down to about 30%; pointing to the front weight nose front braking bias. But my rear look about 80% left! Both started out new at the same time. Do I really need track pads in the rear then? Is fade in the rear a big deal?
2) I'd like to use the same rotors for both street and track, and swap pads WITHOUT turning the rotors if possible. I read that "if the pads are the same compound, that's ok". Is it ok? What about sticking to the same brand?
3) Should I go (street/track): Hawk HPS / Carbotech X8, or Carbotech bobcats/X8, or....?
4) I read that our heavy cars are a bit much for the stock (front?) rotors. Are there signs BEFORE it cracks that a rotor is needing replacing? After my track days, I notice my front had discolored, like a seared iron look to it.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Article: How to Choose Street and Track Brake Pads||J Ritt||Brakes, Steering & Suspension||72||03-27-2013 01:51 PM|
|Endless Brake parts for Street and Track||dentsport||NESIC Vendor Classifieds||4||04-11-2009 12:52 PM|
|who makes brake pads for... both 05 lgt front brakes/rs (h6 upgrade) rears?||legacy2003||Brakes, Steering & Suspension||5||12-27-2005 01:48 PM|
|2002 wrx brake pads for street/track that still work in winter||Impreza01||Brakes, Steering & Suspension||28||11-13-2005 09:46 PM|
|Brake pads for street/occasional track use||quelegal||Brakes, Steering & Suspension||6||05-04-2005 11:55 AM|