Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday November 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2007, 03:49 PM   #1
Unabomber
Big Ron

Member#: 18062
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

OMGHi2U 2008+ owners...please read....

Congrats on your new car and welcome to the forums!

Now before you start posting, please keep the following in mind:

1. Your car is brand new. Yes, it's just a new year, but for all intents and purposes, it might as well be a Jeep Cherokee as pretty much 100% of the car is new.
2. Will XXX fit my car? Probably not. The turbo is different, the intercooler is different, the exhaust is different, etc.
3. When will manufacturers start making XXX parts? We don't know, please bug the manufacturers.
4. I found XXX parts that will fit, can I bolt them up? Your best bet is to wait for engine management before you start bolting up things. Each car has something called open/closed loop fueling issues mandated by the EPA that can negatively affect vehicle modifications. The wise/safe course of action is to wait for engine management then modify. Yes, you can probably safely get away with simple mods, but the smart thing to do is engine management first, then parts.
5. But I found out that XXXX from an older Subaru will fit on my 2008. Well post that crap here and we'll update this for all to see.

If anyone sees anything to add, please post. The genesis behind this post is to prevent 9000 posts of will XXX fit my 2008. This is an annual annoyance and I'm hoping this may stem some of that.

Old parts that WONT fit:

Exhausts
TMICs
FMICs
Rear sway bars
Intakes for Legacy GT

Old parts that WILL fit:

Downpipes for Legacy GT
BPV/BOV for Legacy GT
Lightweight crank pulley
short throw shifters/bushings
front sway bar
TMIC for Legacy GT
FMIC for Legacy GT (may have to mod to fit)
Turbos for Legacy GT
Clutch and flywheel

THIS LINK contains a huge list of parts that will fit 08/09 cars

STI Exhausts that will fit

Last edited by Unabomber; 01-18-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote