Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday July 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Legacy Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2007, 01:01 AM   #1
juice91si
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 159889
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
06 STi

Default New legacy owner, major problem.

hey everyone, i just bought a 1991 legacy sport sedan for a winter car.

upon researching it and lurking on the boards a couple days, im really looking forward to owning/driving this car, and even more so with the apparent potency and reliability of the "bulletproof" ej22t.

i'm very excited to fix this thing and have fun with it even though it's my winter car, i will most likely start modding it. actually, it's a given.

i love older cars, umm, and i guess black ones from 1991 especially, as my summer car is a turbocharged black 1991 civic si

aaaanyway. the car has a major issue, i thought at first it was the transmission (which is automatic) but conferring with my brother, he thinks its may be one of the following: transfer case/diff/axle/cv

symptoms: LOUD clunking, or hard clicking when accelerating.
not as bad when in neutral rolling.
wheels are jerking a bit because of it (brother walked beside car while rolling)
steering vibration.
trouble shifting up.
possibly only running in fwd. (was rainy out, spun front tires)
abs light on (i would guess this is unrelated)
juice91si is online now   Reply With Quote