Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 31, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Service & Maintenance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2008, 12:04 AM   #1
tico915007
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 153038
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
07 STI
SWP

Default Benefits of a Breathable oil cap

I feel like an idiot but here it goes.....This is a 2007 STI mods are HKS catback and Cobb Intake. Maybe someone can help, yesturday I was adding some oil to my car was missing half a quart. To make a long story short i was in a hurry and i left the oil cap sitting on my intake manifold for about 24 hours unoticed obviously. While i was driving the car i was amazed to how much it pulled it had its initial jump but instead of staying consistent after 5,000 RPM it kept pulling like a champ. Thinking i was going crazy i took my buddy for a drive and he said my car felt faster and this morning my Girlfriend asked me if i did something else to make my car faster...... I finally notice my oild cap was off check my oil lever and it was fine. My question is does running with your oil cap off release presure in the motor allowing you to inadvertly run more boost or am i going crazy..... On my car before a 2004 gto i know when people were running boost on them the got a breathable type oil cap to releave crankcase presure is this so on our car?

Last edited by tico915007; 06-09-2008 at 11:49 AM.
tico915007 is offline   Reply With Quote