Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 16, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #1
ringe
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 49998
Join Date: Dec 2003
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2007 WRX CT Stg 2
WRB

Default TD04-19T questions.

Alright, sorry for creating a thread on this if it has already been addressed, but my search came up bingo for information, and FP hasn't responded to my email about it, so I will probe Nasioc for info on this...


I was thinking about the best turbo for what I want in a car; primarily lightning fast spool with more top end than the current TD04L. I thought about the TD05-16G, but it seems to come on to full boil about 500-800rpm later than the TD04.

So I am thinking that my eventual turbo upgrade could possibly be a "monster" ported TD04 with the 19T CHRA, but I am wondering: Does the 19T compressor wheel have much if any impact on spool characteristics, and does it in fact flow enough more up top to be worth it? I'm afraid I'm having a hard time finding info about this, hence my questions.

I guess another option is the TD04-15G; if anyone has info on that and can explain why it is different or possibly better/worse than the 19T, please let me know.

Thanks!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:37 AM   #2
Unabomber
Big Ron
Moderator
 
Member#: 18062
Join Date: Apr 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: I can save you a ton of cash
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

Default

If you didn't know this already, FP doesn't answer emails or provide what you might call customer service, so good luck with that. You are better off contacting another turbo vendor as you will be 78 before they help you.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1531385
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #3
a6n6d6y
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 123347
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: SEATTLE
Vehicle:
1993 POS
burgandy legacy

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringe View Post
Alright, sorry for creating a thread on this if it has already been addressed, but my search came up bingo for information, and FP hasn't responded to my email about it, so I will probe Nasioc for info on this...


I was thinking about the best turbo for what I want in a car; primarily lightning fast spool with more top end than the current TD04L. I thought about the TD05-16G, but it seems to come on to full boil about 500-800rpm later than the TD04.

So I am thinking that my eventual turbo upgrade could possibly be a "monster" ported TD04 with the 19T CHRA, but I am wondering: Does the 19T compressor wheel have much if any impact on spool characteristics, and does it in fact flow enough more up top to be worth it? I'm afraid I'm having a hard time finding info about this, hence my questions.

I guess another option is the TD04-15G; if anyone has info on that and can explain why it is different or possibly better/worse than the 19T, please let me know.

Thanks!
on a 2.5l a td05-16g6 (aka evoIII,super16) is about the only 'size' up grade worth bothering with IMO (there are other turbos of this size out there but thats what I'm familiar with), the td04 turbine will be too restrictive to make any power worth the $$$ regardless of compressor.
a6n6d6y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 02:06 PM   #4
CatfaceType-R
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 81102
Join Date: Feb 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Brushyoteefs@dentists.cats
Default

agreed...look at the 18g, 20g or something else

get the 8cm exhaust side
CatfaceType-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 05:46 PM   #5
2006WRX4ME
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 134286
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: San Jose, Ca
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Limited
OBP

Default

You might want to contact either Blouch or Deadbolt since they do the turbo upgrade.

http://www.blouchturbo.com/turbos/WR...essor_Upgrade/

http://www.boostplanet.com/product1.htm
2006WRX4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 07:17 PM   #6
ringe
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 49998
Join Date: Dec 2003
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2007 WRX CT Stg 2
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unabomber View Post
If you didn't know this already, FP doesn't answer emails or provide what you might call customer service, so good luck with that. You are better off contacting another turbo vendor as you will be 78 before they help you.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1531385


Thanks for the heads up...I guess I will contact Blouch about it. Thanks for the link too!
ringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #7
ringe
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 49998
Join Date: Dec 2003
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2007 WRX CT Stg 2
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2bblackongold View Post
agreed...look at the 18g, 20g or something else

get the 8cm exhaust side
I don't know if I want an 18G; though, I guess some dyno plots that I've seen seem to indicate that the TD05-16G or EvoIII 16G is making nearly the same power on the low end, depending on tuners and supporting mods...hmm, I'll look into it I guess.

Thanks for the tips folks.
ringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TD04 19T Upgrade Discussion lackofhp Proven Power Bragging 1664 03-14-2014 07:20 AM
Blouch TD04 19T upgrade on 4EAT. Opinions Brock31 Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline 6 12-17-2009 10:35 AM
anyone use blouch TD04 19T??? subystone Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain 20 08-28-2009 09:20 AM
TD04-19T & WRX Top Mount wrxshotta Engine/Power/Exhaust 16 02-10-2009 11:58 AM
Blouch TD04 19T Upgrade lackofhp Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain 8 10-31-2008 01:57 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.