Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday December 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club Forum sponsored by Annapolis Subaru
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 06:21 AM   #1101
EdsWRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 13881
Join Date: Jan 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh/West Lafayette
Vehicle:
08 spec b
07 335xi

Default

no more theiren
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
EdsWRX is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 07:12 AM   #1102
Cereb Daithi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 112349
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekPower View Post
Thanks!

No subie just got a dodge stealth with a single turbo . But in the process of looking into getting a bug eye'd STI.
Welcome! Those can def be a bit tricky to find. Most of the guys who swap the STi bits into an older model go for a GC swap so if you have one lined up you are quite lucky indeed. I've only ever really seen a few true bugeye STi swaps in the area.
Cereb Daithi is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 08:49 AM   #1103
Tenacious Bee
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 96452
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
So, what to play
with next ?

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyt4 View Post
How is that turbo? Do you have any numbers or times? I'm looking at a couple different turbos and can't decide what I want. Looking at that Blouch 20G, the Dom 3, and the FP HTA Green.

I don't see a whole lot of people running FP stuff - am I missing something? I know I had an FP Green on my Evo and the HTA35 on the Eclipse and loved both of them.

I am going to run E85 and have seen some pretty good results from the stock turbo on the 08 - 380whp and 430tq from XPT, but I've also seen 450/450 from a Blouch td05 Green on E85.

I know all 3 of those flow differently and that it will come down to how much I want, but I'm curious as to why people shy away from FP.
Dom 1 here. Even though blouch's number do not portray this it is a larger turbo than the 2.5 with a 49 pound wheel. I chose it to preserve my stock internals. Having an 07 sti short block I was a tad worried about that. It is essentially a tdo6/8cm 20G with a slightly larger wheel and comes ported st so it flows a little better. It spools fast and pulls all the way to the point where my crappy wrx cams give up. I plan to run it until I get a built motor. You are welcome to try it out though my clutch just started to slip yesterday. I would love to run E85 but until it becomes more readily available I am leaning more towards meth.

Forced Performance has had some premature failures here and there so a lot of guys have been going with Blouch. That said the FP td05h/7cm 20 was the most fun I ever had with my 2.0L. It was used when I got it and never gave me any problems.
Tenacious Bee is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 09:03 AM   #1104
Tenacious Bee
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 96452
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
So, what to play
with next ?

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun21 View Post
yeah except i need a turbo for my 2.0 so it's either vf34, evo3, possible 18g most likely the evo3. i want 300 at wheel numbers it low lag with a fmic and ewg

Too bad you were not around for my 2.0L 20G set up. I shut a lot of people up about lag with that td05/7cm set up.



See, not laggy and the absolute best chance to hit your numbers. The hp is still climbing at red line. With better internals I could have spun it another 500 rpm or more and made low threes on a 2.0L without using meth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekPower View Post
Thanks!

No subie just got a dodge stealth with a single turbo . But in the process of looking into getting a bug eye'd STI.
There is a guy with a very nice full sti swapped bug eye that posts here from time to time. V6 or seven motor, full suspension and trans. It is not to cheap to do nor buy when one is for sale. You could do your own suspension mods and swap a 2.5l and six speed in like I did. Couldn't be happier. I can get a chest of drawers in the back of mine too.

Last edited by Tenacious Bee; 02-16-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Tenacious Bee is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 09:53 AM   #1105
bobert517
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 56656
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Monessen PA
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
buy my pants!!!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdsWRX View Post
no more theiren

maybe the pens will win a game now. 95% of the team was not playing with any heart, possibly they will now and manage a huge turn around.
bobert517 is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 10:17 AM   #1106
dennyt4
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 85581
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Level Green
Vehicle:
2005 Forester XT
2008 Corvette

Default

Thanks for the info! I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the TD06 20G at this point. It's probably going to give more than enough power for a stock engine HA

Speaking of clutches, what does everyone run? I really liked the Exedy twin but I'm open to options.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious Bee View Post
Dom 1 here. Even though blouch's number do not portray this it is a larger turbo than the 2.5 with a 49 pound wheel. I chose it to preserve my stock internals. Having an 07 sti short block I was a tad worried about that. It is essentially a tdo6/8cm 20G with a slightly larger wheel and comes ported st so it flows a little better. It spools fast and pulls all the way to the point where my crappy wrx cams give up. I plan to run it until I get a built motor. You are welcome to try it out though my clutch just started to slip yesterday. I would love to run E85 but until it becomes more readily available I am leaning more towards meth.

Forced Performance has had some premature failures here and there so a lot of guys have been going with Blouch. That said the FP td05h/7cm 20 was the most fun I ever had with my 2.0L. It was used when I got it and never gave me any problems.
dennyt4 is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 10:22 AM   #1107
Tenacious Bee
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 96452
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
So, what to play
with next ?

Default

Researching that now. Out hp and tq goals are similar. I will let you know what I come up with.

Last edited by Tenacious Bee; 02-16-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Tenacious Bee is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 10:29 AM   #1108
Blinden
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 122993
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: West PA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
WRB 5-door

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdsWRX View Post
no more theiren
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobert517 View Post
maybe the pens will win a game now. 95% of the team was not playing with any heart, possibly they will now and manage a huge turn around.
I was a big Theiren sympathizer, but this was the right move at the right time. The team is just flat. It's like a totally different team then last year.
Blinden is online now  
Old 02-16-2009, 10:53 AM   #1109
dmross
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 2818
Join Date: Nov 2000
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2000 2.5RS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glhs377 View Post
DMROSS: i know you'll check this first. i don't have that dowel pin. sorry mate.
Anyone else have an old motor laying around? I'm looking for a little dowel pin that is used to line up the bellhousing and the block. There are two of them, on on the left and one on the right. Otherwise I'm just gonna stop at PepBoys or something and pick one up.

Also, anyone know where I can find a set of fender flares like these?



Trying to turn a little mishap into an opportunity.
dmross is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 11:38 AM   #1110
EdsWRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 13881
Join Date: Jan 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh/West Lafayette
Vehicle:
08 spec b
07 335xi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyt4 View Post
Thanks for the info! I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the TD06 20G at this point. It's probably going to give more than enough power for a stock engine HA

Speaking of clutches, what does everyone run? I really liked the Exedy twin but I'm open to options.
I have an ACT HD street disc and an oem sti flywheel waiting to go into the lgt. hopefully its enough to hold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmross View Post
Anyone else have an old motor laying around? I'm looking for a little dowel pin that is used to line up the bellhousing and the block. There are two of them, on on the left and one on the right. Otherwise I'm just gonna stop at PepBoys or something and pick one up.

Also, anyone know where I can find a set of fender flares like these?



Trying to turn a little mishap into an opportunity.
Japan?
EdsWRX is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #1111
EdsWRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 13881
Join Date: Jan 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh/West Lafayette
Vehicle:
08 spec b
07 335xi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobert517 View Post
maybe the pens will win a game now. 95% of the team was not playing with any heart, possibly they will now and manage a huge turn around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinden View Post
I was a big Theiren sympathizer, but this was the right move at the right time. The team is just flat. It's like a totally different team then last year.
Yeah, it sucks that it was the only move left. Let's see how Bylsma handles the big show today. It will be intesting to see how they will play this afternoon.
EdsWRX is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #1112
Blinden
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 122993
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: West PA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
WRB 5-door

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdsWRX View Post
Yeah, it sucks that it was the only move left. Let's see how Bylsma handles the big show today. It will be intesting to see how they will play this afternoon.
I predict a free wheelin' game. They are basically like school students with a substitute teacher right now. The thing is, this kind of attitude really plays to their talents, so, I would be surprised to see a lot of goals on the board this afternoon.
Blinden is online now  
Old 02-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #1113
Tenacious Bee
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 96452
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
So, what to play
with next ?

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious Bee View Post
Researching that now. Out hp and tq goals are similar. I will let you know what I come up with.
Came up with this. Recommended by Ken and endorsed by Jason.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=400001857715
Tenacious Bee is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 01:51 PM   #1114
Mycues1982
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 86995
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2005 Tacoma

Default

They are falsely adverstising that because the Pressure plate shown is an Extreme plate and they are selling it as a Heavy Duty plate.. I'm running the Heavy Duty w/ a Street Disc and have been for about 50k miles. I'm looking to try the Extreme plate w/ the Street Disc next.
Mycues1982 is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #1115
stealthx32
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 30990
Join Date: Dec 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
'93 FD3S

Default

Haha, you're probably the only person in the world to have noticed that.
stealthx32 is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #1116
Mycues1982
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 86995
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2005 Tacoma

Default

Guess I have a good eye haha
Mycues1982 is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 02:23 PM   #1117
dmross
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 2818
Join Date: Nov 2000
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2000 2.5RS

Default

So nobody has an EJ engine lying around? I just need to steal a little dowel pin!
dmross is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 02:32 PM   #1118
stealthx32
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 30990
Join Date: Dec 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
'93 FD3S

Default

Measure the other one, I'll machine you one.
stealthx32 is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 02:43 PM   #1119
Tenacious Bee
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 96452
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
So, what to play
with next ?

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmross View Post
So nobody has an EJ engine lying around? I just need to steal a little dowel pin!
Well I do and I don't . The heads and exhaust mani are mine and the block belongs to ryan. give him a call. The block is close to you.
Tenacious Bee is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 02:45 PM   #1120
Tenacious Bee
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 96452
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
So, what to play
with next ?

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycues1982 View Post
They are falsely adverstising that because the Pressure plate shown is an Extreme plate and they are selling it as a Heavy Duty plate.. I'm running the Heavy Duty w/ a Street Disc and have been for about 50k miles. I'm looking to try the Extreme plate w/ the Street Disc next.
so what clutch is it really ? If it will hold 450 TQ I would still get it.
Tenacious Bee is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 02:48 PM   #1121
Kjott21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 116937
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX DGM
forums.pghsubarus.com

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious Bee View Post
so what clutch is it really ? If it will hold 450 TQ I would still get it.
All he is saying is that the picture doesn't match the description.
Kjott21 is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 03:20 PM   #1122
stealthx32
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 30990
Join Date: Dec 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
'93 FD3S

Default

That's not a full ACT kit btw. The disc is F1 Racing, which is some bull**** ebay brand. ACT uses Exedy discs.
stealthx32 is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #1123
Tenacious Bee
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 96452
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
So, what to play
with next ?

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjott21 View Post
All he is saying is that the picture doesn't match the description.
But the stats do. Thanks for scaring me Mike. I am only half paying attention. Working on some crap for my business.


Doh! Thanks Jimmy.
Tenacious Bee is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #1124
dennyt4
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 85581
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Level Green
Vehicle:
2005 Forester XT
2008 Corvette

Default

I've had the ACT XTSS w/ street light flywheel...A little heavier pedal than the Exedy twin. It wasn't bad, and at about 1/2 the $ of a twin, it's not bad - I'd probably go with that again if I go single.
dennyt4 is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 03:30 PM   #1125
sk84fun21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 113300
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh area
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB, LOUD

Default

"Actual item may differ from the picture below."

Last edited by sk84fun21; 02-16-2009 at 03:42 PM.
sk84fun21 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Pittsburgh Thread Build 4 WastingTime Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 8 04-26-2011 07:58 PM
Official Pittsburgh Thread v5 MRF582 Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 10302 10-07-2010 11:03 AM
Official Pittsburgh thread V3.0 MikeCee Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 10519 01-11-2009 10:08 PM
Pittsburgh - official autocross thread crystalhelix Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 119 05-13-2005 10:22 AM
Didn't there used to be an official Pittsburgh Thread? crystalhelix Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 0 01-08-2004 08:23 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.