Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday July 26, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2009, 06:32 PM   #1
mattyg41383
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 87308
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2007 Legacy GT
Blue

Default Ignition Cut Issue

I have a '97 Impreza brighton, 2.2L, auto. When I got the car, it had a bad block. Replaced the shortblock with a 2.2L out of a 95 legacy. It started having issues where it runs into ignition cut leading to bucking and dying. This happens at both a stop and when I'm driving. Sometimes if starts right back up, others it takes a long time. I had parked it over the winter and used another vehicle. I have just started using it again after some more repair attempts and its still bad.

Here is a list of things we have changed:
MAF
Air filter
Ignitor
Coil
Plugs & Wires
Entire intake
Crank sensor
Cam sensor
Knock sensor
Computer
Ignition relay
Fuel filter
Cleaned all ground contacts
02 sensor
**doesnt throw any codes either.

The car would run fine, and then randomly have this cutout, most of the time leaving me in the middle of an intersection. The last thing we changed, which we thought worked, was take a 2.5L computer from an outback and drop that in to see how it ran. Was fine while running at the shop the majority of the day, went on a 5-6 mile ride with it. Then I go out for another ride and on the way back it acts up again, killing the engine right in the middle of an intersection 1/4 mile from my house. It wouldn't restart, cranking fine, so I pushed it off to the side, restarted immediately and got it home.

If anyone has any ideas on what else could be the culprit, please please send some info my way.

Last edited by mattyg41383; 03-25-2009 at 07:03 PM.
mattyg41383 is offline   Reply With Quote