Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday July 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club Forum sponsored by Annapolis Subaru
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 02:31 PM   #501
LeeC
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 97843
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore, MD
Vehicle:
9.87 Supra:14 Tundra
LSRX7:6spd Bugeye :D

Default

Just preordered mine
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
LeeC is offline  
Old 11-09-2009, 05:30 PM   #502
04fpgreensti
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 151655
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Essex MD
Vehicle:
2007 Legacy GT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedaddyb View Post
ha that's pretty funny. I've been doing it since august now.

gotten these under my belt so far:

Amber ale
American Wheat
Oktoberfest
Pumpkin Ale
Vanilla Oak Bourbon Stout (still fermenting)

It's probably the best hobby ever. You can drink the results of your labor

What kind of equipment are you ruunning?

Brians beer FTMFW!!!!
04fpgreensti is offline  
Old 11-10-2009, 01:16 PM   #503
Rexican
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 156229
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore
Default

Just got MW2 delivered. Amazon release date delivery FTW.

Trying to fake cough and sneeze my way out of work.
Rexican is offline  
Old 11-11-2009, 09:21 AM   #504
peglegsteve
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 209987
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Essex, MD
Vehicle:
2009 Stage eleventy
billion WRB WRX

Default

so who will be there tonight?
peglegsteve is online now  
Old 11-11-2009, 11:55 AM   #505
LeeC
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 97843
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore, MD
Vehicle:
9.87 Supra:14 Tundra
LSRX7:6spd Bugeye :D

Default

I'll be there
LeeC is offline  
Old 11-11-2009, 03:13 PM   #506
shadowmd
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 193222
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore, MD
Vehicle:
05 Wrx 1.5xtr 6spd
2.5 hybrid 367whp/363wtq

Default

i MIGHT be.....
shadowmd is offline  
Old 11-11-2009, 05:44 PM   #507
shadowmd
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 193222
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore, MD
Vehicle:
05 Wrx 1.5xtr 6spd
2.5 hybrid 367whp/363wtq

Default

i'll be there
shadowmd is offline  
Old 11-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #508
04fpgreensti
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 151655
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Essex MD
Vehicle:
2007 Legacy GT

Default

i may come I need wings and beer!! thought it was last week haha
04fpgreensti is offline  
Old 11-13-2009, 12:12 PM   #509
Rexican
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 156229
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore
Default

Brian,

Your going to have to let me know how the Vanilla Burbon Stout comes out. I love burbon and dark beers. I've actually just started noticing a lot of people soaking oak chips into burbon and putting in the fermentor. sounds like a great idea. Maybe we could meet sometime and do mix and match swap meet with beers. The english brown ale (New castle knock off) is tasting delicous.
Rexican is offline  
Old 11-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #510
thedaddyb
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 64374
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore, MD
Vehicle:
07 WRX SWP *SOLD
03 2.5ts BRP long gone

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexican View Post
Brian,

Your going to have to let me know how the Vanilla Burbon Stout comes out. I love burbon and dark beers. I've actually just started noticing a lot of people soaking oak chips into burbon and putting in the fermentor. sounds like a great idea. Maybe we could meet sometime and do mix and match swap meet with beers. The english brown ale (New castle knock off) is tasting delicous.
Yeah, I'm crossing my fingers that this beer will be amazing. I just bottled it this past tuesday and it smelled amazing. Almost like pipe tobacco. I'm not sure if you ever taste your beer during the brewing process (I'll usually take a little sip from the samples for the hydrometer testing), but usually it isn't the greatest tasting thing. I took a sip of this before bottling and it was actually pretty damn good. A nice smokey wood taste with a slight bourbon/vanilla finish.

It also came out to be 8.3% alc not including whatever bourbon made it into the beer. (I'm not quite sure how it affects the gravity)

The process was pretty easy as well. You just soak the chips for 7 days before they go into the second stage fermentor. I then gave the beer another 7 days to finish fermenting, settle, and clear.

I'm def down for a little "beer swap" Would be fun to talk shop and maybe learn a few tricks.

Here's the kit if you are interested:
http://www.beer-wine.com/product_inf...03&sectionID=1

They also sell a whole series of high gravity beers. I'll probably try some more of them on my next order.
thedaddyb is offline  
Old 11-20-2009, 12:41 PM   #511
carnz-pj-410
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 110994
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Atlantic
Vehicle:
1993 Legacy Turbo

Default

Hello? damn this threads dead now
carnz-pj-410 is offline  
Old 11-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #512
retroXvertigo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 118922
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnz-pj-410 View Post
Hello? damn this threads dead now


post reported, scumbag!
retroXvertigo is offline  
Old 11-20-2009, 02:37 PM   #513
Rexican
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 156229
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore
Default

Hey I tried to keep it alive but no one is commenting or asking any questions.


GFY

Going for my Emmisions test tomorrow. Hopefully the AP will do its magic.
Rexican is offline  
Old 11-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #514
Rexican
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 156229
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedaddyb View Post
Yeah, I'm crossing my fingers that this beer will be amazing. I just bottled it this past tuesday and it smelled amazing. Almost like pipe tobacco. I'm not sure if you ever taste your beer during the brewing process (I'll usually take a little sip from the samples for the hydrometer testing), but usually it isn't the greatest tasting thing. I took a sip of this before bottling and it was actually pretty damn good. A nice smokey wood taste with a slight bourbon/vanilla finish.

It also came out to be 8.3% alc not including whatever bourbon made it into the beer. (I'm not quite sure how it affects the gravity)

The process was pretty easy as well. You just soak the chips for 7 days before they go into the second stage fermentor. I then gave the beer another 7 days to finish fermenting, settle, and clear.

I'm def down for a little "beer swap" Would be fun to talk shop and maybe learn a few tricks.

Here's the kit if you are interested:
http://www.beer-wine.com/product_inf...03&sectionID=1

They also sell a whole series of high gravity beers. I'll probably try some more of them on my next order.
I got two more in my fermentor right now. A imperial IPA, and a Irish stout.
Man, that Vanilla burbon stout sounds soooo good. Definitely going to have to meet up and do a swap. Give me a call or send me pm or message sometime.
Rexican is offline  
Old 11-20-2009, 03:03 PM   #515
thedaddyb
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 64374
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore, MD
Vehicle:
07 WRX SWP *SOLD
03 2.5ts BRP long gone

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexican View Post
I got two more in my fermentor right now. A imperial IPA, and a Irish stout.
Man, that Vanilla burbon stout sounds soooo good. Definitely going to have to meet up and do a swap. Give me a call or send me pm or message sometime.
yeah no doubt. Maybe sometime in early december? the stout should be good by then. (although they do recommend letting it cellar for 6 weeks)
thedaddyb is offline  
Old 11-20-2009, 08:08 PM   #516
peglegsteve
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 209987
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Essex, MD
Vehicle:
2009 Stage eleventy
billion WRB WRX

Default

Raaaaaaaaavvvv....oh wait. Oops. Anyone going to the Agile open house tomorrow?
peglegsteve is online now  
Old 11-20-2009, 08:18 PM   #517
carnz-pj-410
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 110994
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Atlantic
Vehicle:
1993 Legacy Turbo

Default

agile
carnz-pj-410 is offline  
Old 11-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #518
prashanth
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 123534
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore County
Vehicle:
2006 STI
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peglegsteve View Post
Raaaaaaaaavvvv....oh wait. Oops. Anyone going to the Agile open house tomorrow?
i might drop in sometime in noon
prashanth is offline  
Old 11-21-2009, 02:58 AM   #519
LeeC
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 97843
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore, MD
Vehicle:
9.87 Supra:14 Tundra
LSRX7:6spd Bugeye :D

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnz-pj-410 View Post
agile
Don't make me alert the mods


agile lol...
LeeC is offline  
Old 11-21-2009, 09:25 PM   #520
mpcc82
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 229698
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bowleys Quarters, MD
Vehicle:
09 WRX Premium 4D
Pearl White

Default

when is the next meet at buffalo wild wings?? I just joined here a week ago. My buddy with a sti and myself are trying to come up soon.
mpcc82 is offline  
Old 11-21-2009, 10:45 PM   #521
peglegsteve
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 209987
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Essex, MD
Vehicle:
2009 Stage eleventy
billion WRB WRX

Default

The next one is this weds, the 25th. Welcome!

Where's Matt (5ynth3t1k or something?) been, I want my girl scout cookies. Nomnomnom.
peglegsteve is online now  
Old 11-23-2009, 09:37 PM   #522
carnz-pj-410
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 110994
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Atlantic
Vehicle:
1993 Legacy Turbo

Default

bump, whos going this week? i'll most likely make it out.
carnz-pj-410 is offline  
Old 11-23-2009, 09:49 PM   #523
peglegsteve
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 209987
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Essex, MD
Vehicle:
2009 Stage eleventy
billion WRB WRX

Default

^ Funny, I was about to post the same thing. I'll be there.
peglegsteve is online now  
Old 11-23-2009, 10:58 PM   #524
STiM3
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 230330
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Baltimore,MD
Vehicle:
2010 STi
Silver

Default

Hey guys just got my 2010 STi last week, I will try to make it out on wednesday.
STiM3 is offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 02:20 AM   #525
wingnut01
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 152837
Join Date: Jul 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Bowleys Quarters, MD
Vehicle:
2002 BMW 330Ci
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedaddyb View Post
yeah no doubt. Maybe sometime in early december? the stout should be good by then. (although they do recommend letting it cellar for 6 weeks)
getting ready to try a lager myself being that it's getting nice and chilly outside, makes keeping the temp stable enough easier and cheaper on the electric bills. gonna actually try to make it out this week, being that i don't have to work wednesday night
wingnut01 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.