Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 24, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
meathooker
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 211820
Vehicle:
2005 sti
silver

Default 04 fxt to gc sedan

my wife wrecked our fxt so i was thinking about having a little fun (or headache) and doing a swap for a rally car.

i like the gc sedan (redundant?) ... has this been done?

are do i need to stick with a 95+ so i have obd2 or ????

any help/advice/warnings would be appreciated!

thanks!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
meathooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #2
Jaxx
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 177
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
The 93 Imp W/EJ20K
flat black

could go either way
A: 96 or newer, testing will be via odb-2 only no sniffer so you CAN (some times they look for the cat) get away with out a cat all together

B: 95 or older no plug in required but the sniffer will be so if you want to run catless you end up swapping exhausts once every two years to pass (it only takes 3-4 hrs total) .. but this allows you to run a standalone ecu

what your swapping from-to is of little consequence
only thing i can think of is that you will may need to swap the gas tanks to keep the ecu happy

warning-a 2.5 into a GC puts you squarely into unlimited class which should be called "unlimited costs class"

have you thought about a basket case 98 forester instead of a GC

keep me in the loop i can help a lot and i am local
Jaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:28 PM   #3
meathooker
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 211820
Vehicle:
2005 sti
silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx View Post
could go either way
A: 96 or newer, testing will be via odb-2 only no sniffer so you CAN (some times they look for the cat) get away with out a cat all together

B: 95 or older no plug in required but the sniffer will be so if you want to run catless you end up swapping exhausts once every two years to pass (it only takes 3-4 hrs total) .. but this allows you to run a standalone ecu

what your swapping from-to is of little consequence
only thing i can think of is that you will may need to swap the gas tanks to keep the ecu happy

warning-a 2.5 into a GC puts you squarely into unlimited class which should be called "unlimited costs class"

have you thought about a basket case 98 forester instead of a GC

keep me in the loop i can help a lot and i am local
would the 2.0 wrx motor be better for classing? i'm borrowing a dsm caged "rally" car from a buddy now and i dont think i could go with a na car at this point...

my fam has a cabin in valley county so i could get it registered up there ... should negate the emission issue correct? if so, what would be the easiest for wiring?

thanks for the info, and i will be bugging the hell out of you for questions!

are you the guy with the green wagon that lives s of nampa?
meathooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:53 PM   #4
Jaxx
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 177
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
The 93 Imp W/EJ20K
flat black

don't know for sure what the rules allow on that .. maybe

if your doing a rally car vs a daily or show car they are both pretty easy, making it pretty is the hard part

nope i have the flat black sedan that spends most of its time hiding under a cover
Jaxx is offline   Reply With Quote