Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 16, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Custom Fabrication, Welding & Tools

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2010, 07:58 PM   #1
konmann
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 125466
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2006 WRX TR
SGM

Default Help me make an exhaust gasket!!

I have just found a small exhaust leak at the mating flange area of a 2 piece catted down pipe (Mad Dad V2). The OEM gasket has a unique profile and is of a metal/fiber material that I think is too thin for its intended purpose, as there is a soot trail at the joint.

I would like to replicate the shape of this gasket using dead soft copper. Anyone know where I can get sheet stock of this material and the best way to make this?

I figured on using tin snips and a holesaw to get the profile I need or even waterjet cutting if it isn't too expensive.

For anyone who has done someting like this, should I form a channel or two around the perimiter of the gasket to ensure better sealing?

Regards,

Kon
konmann is online now   Reply With Quote