Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday April 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Interior & Exterior Modification

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #1
CarTuned
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 42203
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WRB

Default 2011 WRX HiD intall w/pics

Ok, so I was asked how I did the install on my car and decided to make an install guide/how to for the 2011 WRX. I'm sure its the same as the previous years but wanted to post my own. Perhaps it will help others.

First off, I went with a company that I cannot recommend. However, in the three short days I have had the kit installed, I have not experience any issue. I chose a 5000K with 35watt slim ballast kit. The kit included only the ballast and bulb, which naturally have the wires connected to each.

First step, I removed the back covers of the low beam headlights and removed the factory H11 bulb itself.

Here are the tools I used to make the holes on the back.

I then took the backs and drew an one inch circle, with a pencil, in the middle which would serve as the openning for the HID kit gromet.

Next, I took a drill and proceeded to drill a sequence of holes along the inside of the drawn circle. I tried to make them as close as possible to ease the seperation of the center part from the rest of the backing.

Once all the holes were completed, I pushed the center out with the back end of the box cutter.
CarTuned is offline   Reply With Quote