Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday July 12, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2010, 01:45 PM   #1876
Prevent
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 149114
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I'm too mainstream
Default

I think we'll start seeing more sugar cane plants in the USA, iirc there are ~5 now ?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Prevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:31 PM   #1877
SurfGuruJeff
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 148974
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2002 WRX R.I.P.
2005 STi - sold

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatron View Post

Are these easy to tune? I want bigger injectors so I can get enough flow for a FP Green size turbo. I was thinking 1000cc's.

Is 1 Walbro 255 enough for 1000cc injectors?

But, I've read that anything above 850cc on the sidefeed fuel rails isn't efficient.
SurfGuruJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #1878
Prevent
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 149114
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I'm too mainstream
Default

I bought fiveomotorsports 1000cc top feeds, but didnt really like them. so i returned them and got ID1000's (Still waiting for the return process , he's had my injectors since wednesday)
Prevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:15 PM   #1879
waynoSTI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 162151
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: IAG PERFORMACE!
Vehicle:
2.6L BLUE THUNDER
LOW&WIDE&SHAVED

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by john 1badSTI View Post
hey wayne I do not believe you have to anodize it for e85 since it is not as corrosive as some think now if you were running methanol then that would be another thing in itself.Also as cold as it is in canada right now I would run the stock heat range and switch to 1 colder when it gets to be warm(spring,summer) again.I believe driveability will be better in the winter with stock heat range.
Thx John, i don't drive my car in the winter bro, so i should be good with one step colder. I have two steps cold NGK racing ones i'll try them and see how much diff there is....
waynoSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:19 PM   #1880
john 1badSTI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 77470
Join Date: Dec 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: grove city ohio
Vehicle:
04 sti 10.51@138.5
on e85@ 30psi--spinning

Default

yeah I am like you my car does not see the winter or rain either.I think though that 2 steps colder might be too much,it might be ok with an ignition booster but I'm not sure.
john 1badSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #1881
TDagen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 163648
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minnesota, mpls
Vehicle:
2002 Wrx,2.5L,HTA86
E85,2007 6mt,No traction

Default

One step colder ftw
TDagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:41 AM   #1882
rexworx
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 103232
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: EWG3071KelfordCams276/272
Vehicle:
MY05 GDA,MY04FXT6spd
2.5ltr,PPG,Front LSD,4.44

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prevent View Post
I bought fiveomotorsports 1000cc top feeds, but didnt really like them. so i returned them and got ID1000's (Still waiting for the return process , he's had my injectors since wednesday)
No Im sorry but thats not really fair and will stray folks away from agood injectors.

Considering I have purchased both Id1000 and FiveO's also have a set of the 1200 going into the car soon.

From what you said in the other thread is you were not comfortable with splicing 2 wires per injector. So instead of doing a lil research you canned the FiveO's and spent close to 200 bucks more, and prob a extra 50 for the plug and play connector, all because your afraid of a few wires. All you had to do is cut of the side side feed plug and wire on a topfeed one.

Now thats completely fine, BUT dont make it seem there was something wrong worth them.

Im sorry to come off rash...

Once again sorry to sound like a jerk, but you make it sound like the injectors are not good, but infact your not good with wiring something that is very basic in fact.

Which is ok but dont make it sound like the latter.
rexworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:41 AM   #1883
Phatron
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 36033
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Tuning Lab
Vehicle:
CEO PhatBottiTuning
2006 STi GTX3582 + Meth

Default

Juan,

Can you take my links for e98, five-o, rexworx's info about five-o's requiring splicing vs plug n play for ID's, spark plug numbers & gaps from John and put them into your first or second post?

I'll dig through my tunes and get some more turbo vs injector vs idc info for you too.

thanks
Phatron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:38 PM   #1884
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen 7.37@95
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexworx View Post
No Im sorry but thats not really fair and will stray folks away from agood injectors.

Considering I have purchased both Id1000 and FiveO's also have a set of the 1200 going into the car soon.

From what you said in the other thread is you were not comfortable with splicing 2 wires per injector. So instead of doing a lil research you canned the FiveO's and spent close to 200 bucks more, and prob a extra 50 for the plug and play connector, all because your afraid of a few wires. All you had to do is cut of the side side feed plug and wire on a topfeed one.

Now thats completely fine, BUT dont make it seem there was something wrong worth them.

Im sorry to come off rash...

Once again sorry to sound like a jerk, but you make it sound like the injectors are not good, but infact your not good with wiring something that is very basic in fact.

Which is ok but dont make it sound like the latter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatron View Post
Juan,

Can you take my links for e98, five-o, rexworx's info about five-o's requiring splicing vs plug n play for ID's, spark plug numbers & gaps from John and put them into your first or second post?

I'll dig through my tunes and get some more turbo vs injector vs idc info for you too.

thanks
confused, Prevent bought top feeds and he actually need it side feeds?

FiveO top feed are Plug and Play for top feed applications

Will do Ron
juanmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:50 PM   #1885
Prevent
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 149114
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I'm too mainstream
Default

I did not want to splice into my electrical. So i opted for the plug n play from ID1000


I bought top feeds, because i am CONVERTING to top feeds and instead of having to splice and solder i opted for Plug n Play, get more butt hurt about that ?

Also I have chosen an injector that my tuner has tuned before and has in his personnel vehicle. Once again, get butt hurt more because i didn't want to deal with hour long injector scaling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexworx View Post
No Im sorry but thats not really fair and will stray folks away from agood injectors.

Considering I have purchased both Id1000 and FiveO's also have a set of the 1200 going into the car soon.

From what you said in the other thread is you were not comfortable with splicing 2 wires per injector. So instead of doing a lil research you canned the FiveO's and spent close to 200 bucks more, and prob a extra 50 for the plug and play connector, all because your afraid of a few wires. All you had to do is cut of the side side feed plug and wire on a topfeed one.

Now thats completely fine, BUT dont make it seem there was something wrong worth them.

Im sorry to come off rash...

Once again sorry to sound like a jerk, but you make it sound like the injectors are not good, but infact your not good with wiring something that is very basic in fact.

Which is ok but dont make it sound like the latter.
Seriously dude, go **** yourself.

All i said was i didn't like them and i have chosen an injector my tuner has in his personnel car. I think I'll make my build 1 bit easier by picking injectors he knows.
Prevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:59 PM   #1886
Maxwell Power
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 190729
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Marysville, WA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexworx View Post
No Im sorry but thats not really fair and will stray folks away from agood injectors.

Considering I have purchased both Id1000 and FiveO's also have a set of the 1200 going into the car soon.

From what you said in the other thread is you were not comfortable with splicing 2 wires per injector. So instead of doing a lil research you canned the FiveO's and spent close to 200 bucks more, and prob a extra 50 for the plug and play connector, all because your afraid of a few wires. All you had to do is cut of the side side feed plug and wire on a topfeed one.

Now thats completely fine, BUT dont make it seem there was something wrong worth them.

Im sorry to come off rash...

Once again sorry to sound like a jerk, but you make it sound like the injectors are not good, but infact your not good with wiring something that is very basic in fact.

Which is ok but dont make it sound like the latter.
some people don't like the injectors and you're going to have to get over that.
Some people don't like the ID1000's that I recommend and run... it doesn't bug me. I know what I like to run and tune. I know what works well for me and my customers.

I don't need anyone getting upset about my choice of injector. That's silly.

If Prevent says he hates the injectors and thinks they suck, that's his right. He didn't say it, but if he did... so what?

I have people who love my tuning and others that say otherwise. It hurts my feelings a bit, but in the end my customers are happy and I sleep well at night knowing I did my best. I don't ask people to defend me on the boards or flame the naysayers.


so let's just drop the discussion about these injectors and save it for the 5o injector review thread.

This thread is about e85.
Maxwell Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:59 PM   #1887
Phatron
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 36033
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Tuning Lab
Vehicle:
CEO PhatBottiTuning
2006 STi GTX3582 + Meth

Default

well...you have to admit that explaining you "did not like them" because you didnt want to splice wires is completely different than having everyone assume something was wrong with their performance.
Phatron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #1888
Prevent
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 149114
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I'm too mainstream
Default

I didn't like that i had to splice, the single port for fuel and the reviews ive read about idling issues.


Does everyone have these issues, no. it is up to the end user to make the final decision of if the pros outweigh the cons or vice versa.


My tuner has never tuned fiveomotorsports, so i opted to spend the $100 extra and pick up a set of ID1000's with pnp harness.
Prevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:27 PM   #1889
rexworx
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 103232
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: EWG3071KelfordCams276/272
Vehicle:
MY05 GDA,MY04FXT6spd
2.5ltr,PPG,Front LSD,4.44

Default

Well ok lol sorry As I stated you simply made it sound like they are crap. Not the latter. Sorry again. lol Some of us like a lil more detailed expanation...

Im all for using what works for you is completely fine with me. Saying you dont like it because its crap, vs you rather not go through the extra effort, also your specific tuner likes or doesnt like etc, is also fine by my standard.

But what you put in you OG is just bad nasioc info. Futher explained no so much.

Honestly maybe I came off harsh but I really dont think I dont have a rather valid point.

WOW LOL

Last edited by rexworx; 12-06-2010 at 03:34 PM.
rexworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:30 PM   #1890
Maxwell Power
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 190729
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Marysville, WA
Default

e-hug!
Maxwell Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #1891
rexworx
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 103232
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: EWG3071KelfordCams276/272
Vehicle:
MY05 GDA,MY04FXT6spd
2.5ltr,PPG,Front LSD,4.44

Default

I understand completely. And also agree Im by no means upset...

The reason I said what I did is because what i said in my last post.

Dom your the man and I listen too and respect everything you say.

Now back to the E85!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Power View Post
some people don't like the injectors and you're going to have to get over that.
Some people don't like the ID1000's that I recommend and run... it doesn't bug me. I know what I like to run and tune. I know what works well for me and my customers.

I don't need anyone getting upset about my choice of injector. That's silly.

If Prevent says he hates the injectors and thinks they suck, that's his right. He didn't say it, but if he did... so what?

I have people who love my tuning and others that say otherwise. It hurts my feelings a bit, but in the end my customers are happy and I sleep well at night knowing I did my best. I don't ask people to defend me on the boards or flame the naysayers.


so let's just drop the discussion about these injectors and save it for the 5o injector review thread.

This thread is about e85.
rexworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:50 PM   #1892
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen 7.37@95
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatron View Post
Juan,

Can you take my links for e98, five-o, rexworx's info about five-o's requiring splicing vs plug n play for ID's, spark plug numbers & gaps from John and put them into your first or second post?

I'll dig through my tunes and get some more turbo vs injector vs idc info for you too.

thanks
Ron check the first post, is that good?
juanmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:55 PM   #1893
Phatron
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 36033
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Tuning Lab
Vehicle:
CEO PhatBottiTuning
2006 STi GTX3582 + Meth

Default

perfect juan.

i call for a sticky :P
Phatron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #1894
TDagen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 163648
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minnesota, mpls
Vehicle:
2002 Wrx,2.5L,HTA86
E85,2007 6mt,No traction

Default

Sticky! sticky! sticky! Come on mods!
TDagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:02 PM   #1895
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen 7.37@95
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatron View Post
perfect juan.

i call for a sticky :P
I think we can also make a little table recommending injectors size depending on the size of the turbo. We know this is not really accurate but it will work for 80% of the people. We can have a disclaimer saying that the size of the injectors depends on the elevation, setup, etc etc.

You want to do the table?

I call for STICKY
juanmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #1896
Phatron
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 36033
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Tuning Lab
Vehicle:
CEO PhatBottiTuning
2006 STi GTX3582 + Meth

Default

My injector table would go like this. With the cost difference between the sizes and the good tunability of the injectors now days there is no reason not to go big.

44lb/min and under (20g or smaller) - 1200cc

44-52 lb/min (20g to gt30) - 1600cc

52+ lb lb/min - 1600 - 2000cc
Phatron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:15 PM   #1897
jnorth85
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 76785
Join Date: Dec 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: DSM iowa
Vehicle:
2000 RSTi Coupe
SRP

Default

if you guys go on Deatschwerks website http://www.deatschwerks.com/catalog/...alculators.php
and use the fuel calculator you can figure injector size there based on your WHP goals, just use .75 for your BSFC and 90% for your IDC
It will get you very close to what you need.
at least it did for me!
jnorth85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:23 PM   #1898
Phatron
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 36033
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Tuning Lab
Vehicle:
CEO PhatBottiTuning
2006 STi GTX3582 + Meth

Default

^^ aim high. if you enter in juans info....it says he needs 900cc injectors.....he's at 95% on Five-0 1200cc's........

i guess using crank hp works.....juans at 410whp * 1.25 = 512chp = 1120cc which lines up way better.

so to keep your idc's at 80% or below you should use the 3 tier scale above......plus if you aim high you have room to grow.
Phatron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #1899
02RexWI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 165141
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: WI
Default

^Thats what I was attempting to do for the last guy before he got all defensive of his HP levels
I go off of crank horsepower with a BSFC of .65, that will give you gasoline demands, then I multiply it by 1.3 to get a rough estimate of how much you'd need for E85.
02RexWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #1900
jnorth85
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 76785
Join Date: Dec 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: DSM iowa
Vehicle:
2000 RSTi Coupe
SRP

Default

Thanks guys, that really helps me.

I have the DOM3XTR and am lookign to go E85 so using that method i need at least a 14-1500CC injector.
jnorth85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motion Lab Tuned: Juanmedina's 2007 WRX E85 ARMY Motion Lab Tuning Proven Power Bragging 125 04-12-2010 02:57 AM
jid2 Track Car - e85 ARMY jid2 Member's Car Gallery 38 01-22-2010 10:44 PM
The Honduran army is the bravest in the world... wrxcelent Off-Topic 36 07-07-2009 08:21 AM
Spacific E85 Tuning thread Here ? discopotato03 Engine Management & Tuning 1 09-09-2008 11:01 AM
Did anyone hear the one about the Italian army and the IRAQI satiation? Asinine Off-Topic 3 09-20-2005 07:06 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.