Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday August 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 11:58 PM   #51
CatfaceType-R
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 81102
Join Date: Feb 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Brushyoteefs@dentists.cats
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVR STi View Post
^^ Whats wrong with that ? hows the 2008 STi oil pump ?
he needs to run a different bearing clearance due to the larger volume oil pump if he's not running DUAL avcs cams(i'm not sure if his cams are dual avcs cams or not, if they aren't and he didn't run the correct clearances, hes using a larger volume oil pump than he should and he has a high risk of having a few diff problems)

the 12mm oil pump and 11mm oil pump are for cars with dual avcs, if you aren't running dual avcs, you have to run a differnt bearing clearence.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
CatfaceType-R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:13 AM   #52
blakkboxer
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 167244
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: DFW, Tx
Vehicle:
2k3 WRX MBP
black & gold is pimpin'

Default

sexy blockkkkkkkk <3
blakkboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:17 AM   #53
Rex2006
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 268193
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: PA
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Limited
White

Default

Great build! Subscribed
Rex2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:20 AM   #54
vicious7
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 212184
Join Date: May 2009
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Transfagarasan Highway
Vehicle:
1997 Ver.3 WRX STI
Glacier White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru_sti293 View Post
Thanks man.
No worries. My STI will be going up to Dov/Nam at NV next month for a Vipec install and base tune. I'll finalize the tune when their tuner from Virginia(?) comes up. I may see your car up there

Your build is interesting since I'm doing almost the same thing, except on an EJ20K (so wish me luck...lol). If you can make it down to the Downtown Toronto meet after you're done, it would be cool to see this car complete.

I have a question for you regarding the Killer B oil pick up. How come you didnt go with the pan, as well?
vicious7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:01 AM   #55
subaru_sti293
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 167288
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
07 STI
FP_RED

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2bblackongold View Post
he needs to run a different bearing clearance due to the larger volume oil pump if he's not running DUAL avcs cams(i'm not sure if his cams are dual avcs cams or not, if they aren't and he didn't run the correct clearances, hes using a larger volume oil pump than he should and he has a high risk of having a few diff problems)

the 12mm oil pump and 11mm oil pump are for cars with dual avcs, if you aren't running dual avcs, you have to run a differnt bearing clearence.
I have the avcs cams coz is sti 07 . I talked with dave in rallispec when i bought my short block and ask him a lot of question what kind of specification that i need . The answer is 12mm oil pump.
subaru_sti293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #56
subaru_sti293
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 167288
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
07 STI
FP_RED

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakkboxer View Post
sexy blockkkkkkkk <3
Thanks man.

My APS TURBO INLET, ACT Xtreme Clutch Kit & ACT StreetLite Flywheel and Grimmspeed 44 EWG V-Band almost done.












Last edited by subaru_sti293; 12-09-2011 at 08:28 PM.
subaru_sti293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #57
subaru_sti293
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 167288
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
07 STI
FP_RED

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex2006 View Post
Great build! Subscribed
Thanks man.
subaru_sti293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:18 AM   #58
subaru_sti293
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 167288
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
07 STI
FP_RED

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious7 View Post
No worries. My STI will be going up to Dov/Nam at NV next month for a Vipec install and base tune. I'll finalize the tune when their tuner from Virginia(?) comes up. I may see your car up there

Your build is interesting since I'm doing almost the same thing, except on an EJ20K (so wish me luck...lol). If you can make it down to the Downtown Toronto meet after you're done, it would be cool to see this car complete.

I have a question for you regarding the Killer B oil pick up. How come you didnt go with the pan, as well?
That sounds great man. Vipec v88 power!: Yap i'm still waiting for franz deibold to tune a basic break in map. I will go there first thing in the morning .....what's going on up there.

Killer be pan - i run out of budget

Last edited by subaru_sti293; 05-20-2011 at 10:34 AM.
subaru_sti293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:28 AM   #59
subaru_sti293
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 167288
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
07 STI
FP_RED

Default

Here's a couple of shots and almost 95 PERCENT DONE:












Last edited by subaru_sti293; 12-09-2011 at 08:26 PM.
subaru_sti293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:56 AM   #60
subaru_sti293
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 167288
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
07 STI
FP_RED

Default

check this out what shows up at my door:












subaru_sti293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:09 AM   #61
subaru_sti293
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 167288
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
07 STI
FP_RED

Default

I'm still waiting on Franz Diebold ( DIEBOLD AUTOSPORT ) @ NVauto to Tune a basemap.
subaru_sti293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:21 AM   #62
chicken1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 148496
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: long island
Vehicle:
2006 sti
wrb

Default

very nicely done intersted in some numbers!
chicken1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #63
waynoSTI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 162151
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: IAG PERFORMACE!
Vehicle:
2.6L BLUE THUNDER
LOW&WIDE&SHAVED

Default

Love the new wheels B. Well done!
waynoSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #64
CatfaceType-R
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 81102
Join Date: Feb 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Brushyoteefs@dentists.cats
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru_sti293 View Post
I'm still waiting on Franz Diebold ( DIEBOLD AUTOSPORT ) @ NVauto to Tune a basemap.
if he's taking to long, phatbotti remote tuning can get you a basemap, search for them on here. Trusted good guys
CatfaceType-R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:18 AM   #65
waynoSTI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 162151
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: IAG PERFORMACE!
Vehicle:
2.6L BLUE THUNDER
LOW&WIDE&SHAVED

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2bblackongold View Post
if he's taking to long, phatbotti remote tuning can get you a basemap, search for them on here. Trusted good guys
he'll be here next week. he's busy because he's one of the best. He's NV's tuner so if B wants the very best outta his car he should wait IMO!

Ron is a great tuner, i'm sure he will tell you, having the shop that built your car also tune it is better for the owner of the car if anything should go wrong!
waynoSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:04 PM   #66
subaru_sti293
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 167288
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
07 STI
FP_RED

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken1 View Post
very nicely done intersted in some numbers!
Thanks man. I'm pretty excited with the numbers and let's see how he'll gonna do the magic tune!
subaru_sti293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:07 PM   #67
subaru_sti293
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 167288
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
07 STI
FP_RED

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynoSTI View Post
Love the new wheels B. Well done!
Thanks wayne. I love your TE37 wheels too man.
subaru_sti293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:20 PM   #68
subaru_sti293
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 167288
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
07 STI
FP_RED

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynoSTI View Post
he'll be here next week. he's busy because he's one of the best. He's NV's tuner so if B wants the very best outta his car he should wait IMO!

Ron is a great tuner, i'm sure he will tell you, having the shop that built your car also tune it is better for the owner of the car if anything should go wrong!
Hey Wayne .....Franz Diebold will be here next week - that's good news! Dov will break in my car early Monday/Tuesday and consequently tuned to final numbers hopefully Wednesday. I hope i can get 500 HP for the VIPEC v88. Just cross my finger ....
subaru_sti293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:23 PM   #69
subaru_sti293
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 167288
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
07 STI
FP_RED

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2bblackongold View Post
if he's taking to long, phatbotti remote tuning can get you a basemap, search for them on here. Trusted good guys
Thanks for your input though.......i'll just gonna wait for franz.
subaru_sti293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:40 AM   #70
waynoSTI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 162151
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: IAG PERFORMACE!
Vehicle:
2.6L BLUE THUNDER
LOW&WIDE&SHAVED

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru_sti293 View Post
Hey Wayne .....Franz Diebold will be here next week - that's good news! Dov will break in my car early Monday/Tuesday and consequently tuned to final numbers hopefully Wednesday. I hope i can get 500 HP for the VIPEC v88. Just cross my finger ....
That's what i was told when i was there on Friday. Not sure if you can break your car in in two days though bud. That's a lot of driving. i put 1500km on mine before i turned it up. 500 of that was no boost...
I'm sure they will take care of you! GL the rest of the way
waynoSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 02:52 PM   #71
user1029
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 57064
Join Date: Mar 2004
Vehicle:
2008 STi IAG built
HTA86, Meth, 272s, Cos IM

Default

That's like almost $30,000 in mods! Officially ballin out of control
user1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:53 PM   #72
subaru_sti293
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 167288
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
07 STI
FP_RED

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynoSTI View Post
That's what i was told when i was there on Friday. Not sure if you can break your car in in two days though bud. That's a lot of driving. i put 1500km on mine before i turned it up. 500 of that was no boost...
I'm sure they will take care of you! GL the rest of the way
That's what Dave told me in rallispec about their block. To break-in it should be in proper way-drive like a grandma and not hit 4000 rpm.
subaru_sti293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:01 PM   #73
subaru_sti293
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 167288
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
07 STI
FP_RED

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by user1029 View Post
That's like almost $30,000 in mods! Officially ballin out of control
Not easy to mod your car man , lots of headache especially the bills. You are right about the cost but you gotta pay to play.
subaru_sti293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:41 AM   #74
subaru_sti293
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 167288
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
07 STI
FP_RED

Default

They tuning , dyno my car since yesterday june 2. I'm still waiting for there call.
subaru_sti293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:06 AM   #75
subaru_sti293
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 167288
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
07 STI
FP_RED

Default

My engine failed @$%&!& .

Last edited by subaru_sti293; 06-16-2011 at 12:28 AM.
subaru_sti293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*** Phatbotti Tuned 2002 WRX: 2.5L FP Red KSTech 83mm 16 Bit ECU 450whp E85 *** PhatBotti Tuning TKR Proven Power Bragging 34 11-22-2010 12:43 PM
FP Red Turbo wanted scooby-stu Private 'Wanted' Classifieds 4 11-19-2006 04:15 PM
Anybody using FP red Turbo! 305wrxPIMP Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain 11 08-16-2006 10:15 AM
Fp Red Turbo SURPRISE_TR South West Impreza Club Forum -- SWIC 3 07-06-2006 06:56 PM
WTB: FP Red Turbo Imprezzive STi Private 'Wanted' Classifieds 0 06-03-2006 06:06 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.