Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday November 24, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 07:54 AM   #2476
SLeRoux92
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295552
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Clearwater, FL
Vehicle:
2005 STi
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcn831 View Post
I agree with Drew. Kid's a moron. Not only did he click the magic 'Accept Rules' option without actually reading them like every other brotard on here but he bragged about beating someone in a Civic on a bike?!?!? COOL STORY BRO. How did you ever do it!? No, his girl didn't dump him, she laughed with him about how much of a douchebag you are. Good job. Don't buy a Subaru, please. Save us the embarrassment.
I did read the rules. No posts about street racing except in off topic. Well I didn't exactly consider that one a street race. I let him speed off on his merry way, and passed him. Its not like we timed it out and took off.

Again, I apologized in another post, but go cry about it if my post is upsetting you THAT much. I even deleted the original post in order to adhere to forum rules.

And in what way am I am douche bag? It would be interesting to hear your take on things.

But again, I'm still amused that a single post has earned me this much attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriticalityEvent View Post
Hello Mr. Pot, let me introduce you to Mr. Kettle.
At least I possess the potential to fix mine

I just skipped hitting Shift. He skipped all of elementary school.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SLeRoux92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:02 PM   #2477
betterthansx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 259103
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Central Ontario
Vehicle:
11' STI
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriticalityEvent

Hello Mr. Pot, let me introduce you to Mr. Kettle.
Thank you!

I was wondering when the grammar/spelling Nazi's would step in lol
betterthansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:10 PM   #2478
JPE16
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 265273
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cambridge, ON
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Abortion grey

Default

"Is that one of those cars that comes with an expiry date on the motor?"
JPE16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #2479
b1aze
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 284003
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Marlborough, MA
Vehicle:
2010 Alpine 135i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPE16
"Is that one of those cars that comes with an expiry date on the motor?"
b1aze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #2480
amcn831
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 235777
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Wilmington, DE
Vehicle:
2000 RS BuRP
2007 2.5i CGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLeRoux92

And in what way am I am douche bag? It would be interesting to hear your take on things.
You're bragging about beating a guy in a Civic on your bike... Make sure to race tractor-trailers in your new Subaru too. You make me want to sell my bike so I'm stereotyped with you.

Let's get back to story time. Sorry.
amcn831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:58 PM   #2481
WR Boxer
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 171395
Join Date: Feb 2008
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Corvallis, OR
Vehicle:
2004 STi
Java Black Pearl

Default

Former female roommate's boyfriend described to me why his friend's Audi S4 was always in the shop.

"The turbo will randomly not turn on. So he just drives around with it off most of the time."

Needless to say, during the time she lived with me - he was dumped and I started hitting that. She was a big Subaru fan and always could tell when I was just being nice and not correcting someone that is obviously already that far gone in the wrong direction on automotive knowledge.
WR Boxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #2482
rudymcskoody
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 257618
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: lewisville, tx
Vehicle:
2006 wrx
aspen white

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WR Boxer
Former female roommate's boyfriend described to me why his friend's Audi S4 was always in the shop.

"The turbo will randomly not turn on. So he just drives around with it off most of the time."

Needless to say, during the time she lived with me - he was dumped and I started hitting that. She was a big Subaru fan and always could tell when I was just being nice and not correcting someone that is obviously already that far gone in the wrong direction on automotive knowledge.
Win!!!!
rudymcskoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #2483
Heeltoeclutch
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 222715
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Diego/Clarkston, MI
Vehicle:
2008 WRX
Satin White Pearl

Default

Yesterday the incredibly mediocre security guards were once again giving me a parking pass as I was spending the night at my gf's dorm.

"Make, model, year?"
"2008 Subaru Impreza." (shoulda said WRX, woulda been easier for their small minds)
"What?"
"2008 SU-BA-RU IM-PRE-ZA."
"How do you spell Suvaru?"
"S-U-B-A-R-U."

I then proceeded to give my license plate, which she also misspelled. incompetect nincompoops. Not the first time this has happened. How does one go through life and live to be mid 30s, as these people were, and not know how to spell Subaru?!?!?! or Suvaru for that matter???!!?
Heeltoeclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:13 PM   #2484
Cool Hwip
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295976
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia Beach
Vehicle:
2011 STI Sedan
SWP

Default

Drove my stock STI up to the local auto car wash, not to get the car washed, but to pick my buddy up. I wasn't even in line and the manager walked out and told me that he wouldn't cover my aftermarket wing and body kit if I went through......
Cool Hwip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #2485
161SubaruRally
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 296098
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: N. San Diego County
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx surfwagon View Post
one time I drove like a total asshat while dressed like a power ranger


is that a funny story too?
There is nothing funny at all about the power rangers!
161SubaruRally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:19 PM   #2486
rudymcskoody
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 257618
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: lewisville, tx
Vehicle:
2006 wrx
aspen white

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 161SubaruRally

There is nothing funny at all about the power rangers!
You joined just to post that?
rudymcskoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:30 PM   #2487
amcn831
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 235777
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Wilmington, DE
Vehicle:
2000 RS BuRP
2007 2.5i CGM

Default

I was putting new clips in my bumper in the parking lot at work and security rolls next to me.
Him: them Fords always breaking down. (And he's driving one)
Me: Your Ford?
Him: No, yours. It got the blue emblem on the back.
Me: This is a Subaru. It's never given me any issues.
Him: All the same thing right?
Me: o_0 I have to go inside now.
amcn831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #2488
Heeltoeclutch
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 222715
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Diego/Clarkston, MI
Vehicle:
2008 WRX
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcn831 View Post
I was putting new clips in my bumper in the parking lot at work and security rolls next to me.
Him: them Fords always breaking down. (And he's driving one)
Me: Your Ford?
Him: No, yours. It got the blue emblem on the back.
Me: This is a Subaru. It's never given me any issues.
Him: All the same thing right?
Me: o_0 I have to go inside now.

wowwwwwww... security gurards...
Heeltoeclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:41 PM   #2489
jonklein611
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 117776
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Moon Twp, PA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Limited 5dr
WR Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcn831 View Post
I was putting new clips in my bumper in the parking lot at work and security rolls next to me.
Him: them Fords always breaking down. (And he's driving one)
Me: Your Ford?
Him: No, yours. It got the blue emblem on the back.
Me: This is a Subaru. It's never given me any issues.
Him: All the same thing right?
Me: o_0 I have to go inside now.
jonklein611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #2490
amcn831
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 235777
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Wilmington, DE
Vehicle:
2000 RS BuRP
2007 2.5i CGM

Default

The main thing here being I was pushing clips into my wheel-well... What part of that says it's broken down? The blue circle thing got me, too.
amcn831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:04 PM   #2491
Subieeeeeeee
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 294820
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island, New York
Vehicle:
2002 Bugeyeeeeeeeeee
WRB <3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Hwip View Post
Drove my stock STI up to the local auto car wash, not to get the car washed, but to pick my buddy up. I wasn't even in line and the manager walked out and told me that he wouldn't cover my aftermarket wing and body kit if I went through......
lmao

reminds me of when i said to my dad
"that's an STi, the white one"
i was showing him the beauty of STi's..and he says back
"people actually like that thing?!?! looks like a rice burner"
Subieeeeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #2492
Ce10
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 231031
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Sandy UT
Vehicle:
07 STI
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subieeeeeeee

lmao

reminds me of when i said to my dad
"that's an STi, the white one"
i was showing him the beauty of STi's..and he says back
"people actually like that thing?!?! looks like a rice burner"
My dad is the exact same way. He has never driven one so I keep yelling at him when we see one on the road. Haha
Ce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:23 PM   #2493
SLeRoux92
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295552
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Clearwater, FL
Vehicle:
2005 STi
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcn831 View Post
You're bragging about beating a guy in a Civic on your bike... Make sure to race tractor-trailers in your new Subaru too. You make me want to sell my bike so I'm stereotyped with you.

Let's get back to story time. Sorry.
bragging? Not quite. I just found it funny that he acted like he had some rocket engine in his Honda. I am in no way a stereotypical motorcyclist, but again, how you would or would not know this is beyond me, as you know nothing about me, my riding, or anything else.
SLeRoux92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:06 PM   #2494
WR Boxer
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 171395
Join Date: Feb 2008
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Corvallis, OR
Vehicle:
2004 STi
Java Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLeRoux92 View Post
bragging? Not quite. I just found it funny that he acted like he had some rocket engine in his Honda. I am in no way a stereotypical motorcyclist, but again, how you would or would not know this is beyond me, as you know nothing about me, my riding, or anything else.
Jesus Christ let it go.
WR Boxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:16 PM   #2495
Help I'm Stuck!
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 248293
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NNJ
Vehicle:
2010 2.5i hatch
SSM

Default

I realized that the is becoming as popular as lol
Help I'm Stuck! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:21 PM   #2496
schochwave
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 253456
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Celina,Oh
Vehicle:
2005 WRX STi/Baja tu
black/gray,silver

Default

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollo l
schochwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:21 PM   #2497
CarverSnell
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 256218
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Concord, NC
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX
PSM | VF30 300whp

Default

In autoshop...
Me- Hey Mr. Murray, I got a check engine light coming to school. Can I bring it into the shop and check it out?
Mr. Murray- Sure, what kind of car is it?
Me- Subaru... of course. (I wear a fair amount of Subaru shirts.)
Mr. Murray- Okay, but we may not be able to do a lot to it, aren't Subaru's German?
Me- ...dsklfj *mumble mumble* no, they're... Japanese.
Mr. Murray- Oh I don't know why I said German...

When the car was in the shop:
Bro1- I like the front but I don't like the back.
Me- k.
Bro2-Does it got subs in it?
Me- Nope.
Bro3- *Pushes down on the back of my car*
Me- Hey, GTF off my car!

Last edited by CarverSnell; 09-28-2011 at 10:48 PM.
CarverSnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:47 PM   #2498
damonchoy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 279935
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Sudbury, ON, Canada
Vehicle:
03 350Z - Summer
97 E36 328i - Winter

Default

^ Sounds like a great place, Carver.
damonchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:55 AM   #2499
AspenScoob255
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 217405
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: The glorious Eastern Shore, MD
Vehicle:
2006 WRX

Default

Did bro3 happen to be Dwight from the office?

"This thing has good shocks...."
AspenScoob255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:09 PM   #2500
BlazeRex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268354
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Massachusetts
Vehicle:
02 WRX 05 LGT
Slow Automatics

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarverSnell View Post
In autoshop...
Me- Hey Mr. Murray, I got a check engine light coming to school. Can I bring it into the shop and check it out?
Mr. Murray- Sure, what kind of car is it?
Me- Subaru... of course. (I wear a fair amount of Subaru shirts.)
Mr. Murray- Okay, but we may not be able to do a lot to it, aren't Subaru's German?
Me- ...dsklfj *mumble mumble* no, they're... Japanese.
Mr. Murray- Oh I don't know why I said German...

When the car was in the shop:
Bro1- I like the front but I don't like the back.
Me- k.
Bro2-Does it got subs in it?
Me- Nope.
Bro3- *Pushes down on the back of my car*
Me- Hey, GTF off my car!
Reminds me of my days in shop

And I got a good one, I saw this kid who I hadnt seen in a while at a gas station the other day:

Me: Nice Audi, whats done to it?
Him: Coilovers, exhaust, etc... Whats done with your car?
Me: VF34, 565 injectors, catless, tuned, etc.
Him: My car would smoke that! No offense
Me: Really? What did it put down?
Him: A little over 290 whp, thats 300 to the crank.
Me: Less than 10hp loss through the drivetrain? That doesnt sounds right.
Him: It is dude, FWD doesnt lose any power. But Maybe if you go stage 2 you'll put down as much as me. I kept up with a stage 2 WRX.
Me: Mines over a "stage 2", its not a stage anything.
Him: You cant beat a true stage 2 though.
Me: Okay man, I have to go, I'll talk you later...
BlazeRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Funniest or most unexpected thing you've heard/seen your parents do fokai Off-Topic 41 07-15-2012 02:59 PM
Whats the funniest slang term(s) you've heard? imprezaf Off-Topic 190 01-11-2012 12:50 AM
Funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your Subie DarkDvr General Community 15341 03-23-2011 11:54 AM
Funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your audio/video system? mechanizeddeath Car Audio, Video & Security 11 04-07-2009 10:06 AM
Funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your Subie II DarkDvr General Community 0 04-19-2007 05:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.