Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 24, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 08:59 AM   #2576
nti_hazard88
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 212379
Join Date: May 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Lansing, MI
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Limited 4dr
Spark Silver Metallic

Default

--- Public Service Announcement/Request ---

Can we please stop putting "funny story" or "this was funny" or "I found this funny" in front of stories? You know when people say that to you in real life conversations? And then they only manage to invoke that sick "wtf" feeling followed by you faking a smile or light chuckle? I won't speak for everyone, but that's what most of the stories that have those "this is funny" statements do to me.

Look, I'm not saying to stop posting stories, but I think it's better to let the reader decide if it's funny. Best part is, if it's NOT funny, you don't sound like an idiot. And if it IS funny, well, you've made some clever remarks and/or someone was entertained by your story --- and you DIDN'T HAVE TO TELL THEM BEFOREHAND! I know what the forum's title says, but honestly, most of these stories are more "slightly entertaining 'headshake' or 'eyeroll' stories -- which I'm OK with -- but you don't need to try and label it as "funny", ESPECIALLY if it isn't.

Flame+troll suit on.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
nti_hazard88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:57 AM   #2577
wrx surfwagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262719
Join Date: Nov 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Connecticut
Vehicle:
02 WRX
PSM with rust accents

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nti_hazard88 View Post
--- Public Service Announcement/Request ---

Can we please stop putting "funny story" or "this was funny" or "I found this funny" in front of stories? You know when people say that to you in real life conversations? And then they only manage to invoke that sick "wtf" feeling followed by you faking a smile or light chuckle? I won't speak for everyone, but that's what most of the stories that have those "this is funny" statements do to me.

Look, I'm not saying to stop posting stories, but I think it's better to let the reader decide if it's funny. Best part is, if it's NOT funny, you don't sound like an idiot. And if it IS funny, well, you've made some clever remarks and/or someone was entertained by your story --- and you DIDN'T HAVE TO TELL THEM BEFOREHAND! I know what the forum's title says, but honestly, most of these stories are more "slightly entertaining 'headshake' or 'eyeroll' stories -- which I'm OK with -- but you don't need to try and label it as "funny", ESPECIALLY if it isn't.

Flame+troll suit on.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you... anal retentive semantics!
wrx surfwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #2578
Tony_03WREX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 294254
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
2003 Wrx
Silver

Default

I was taking my sister to school this morning...(temporarily using a bov) i let off the gas and she said bless you..she really thought i sneezed. I thought it was funny lol
Tony_03WREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #2579
blakkboxer
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 167244
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: DFW, Tx
Vehicle:
2k3 WRX MBP
black & gold is pimpin'

Default

i work at honda and bring my car into the shop so i can use the lift to lower my car some moar..

manager: wtf is your radiator(tmic) doing on top of your engine?!
even though i explained it a billion times
blakkboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:47 PM   #2580
CriticalityEvent
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 281670
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicagoland
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonchoy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarverSnell View Post
hahahahah "...in the world."

While taking my friend home from school...
Zack: Do you have bass?
Me: Um, what do you mean?
Zack: Like bass.
Me: These are the speakers that came with the car so they aren't the greatest.
Zack: Oh you gotta' get a bass. It sounds so good.
Me: You mean subwoofer?
Zack: Nah man, bass.
Me:






CriticalityEvent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #2581
Tony JDM
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 207532
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: NE WI
Vehicle:
1999 Impreza 2.5RS
Rusty Black Diamond Pearl

Default

^ Slapa da bass!

I thought this was pretty funny. :trollface:
I still have R433 on my windshield and side window from when I went drag racing last Friday night. Because 16 second racecar.
Tony JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #2582
damonchoy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 279935
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Sudbury, ON, Canada
Vehicle:
2004 330ci M-Sport
Imola Red on Alcantara

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriticalityEvent View Post
damonchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:38 PM   #2583
behindblueyes21
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 296579
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: King County, WA
Vehicle:
2011 Limited WRX 5dr
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09_swp_wrx View Post
^^^ you can't crawl over something you can't catch!!! lol
That is what I told him, and he was certain he could catch me!!! I was like, WTF... you've got to be kidding!! haha.
behindblueyes21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #2584
wrx surfwagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262719
Join Date: Nov 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Connecticut
Vehicle:
02 WRX
PSM with rust accents

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindblueyes21

That is what I told him, and he was certain he could catch me!!! I was like, WTF... you've got to be kidding!! haha.
Even if he kept up You could defeat it with the Jeeps natural enemy... a turn
wrx surfwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #2585
CarverSnell
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 256218
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Concord, NC
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX
PSM | VF30 300whp

Default

Walking through the parking lot at my school...

I've seen the girl getting into it but I just walked by it and seen the emblem.
CarverSnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #2586
PaPa-G
Scooby Potato
 
Member#: 156106
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: NW Indiana for the time being.
Vehicle:
2002 2002 WRX
Black

Default

Get her digits?
PaPa-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #2587
DrumNWReX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 99119
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Cobb Stg. 2
OBP Clark Turner tuned!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa-G View Post
Get her digits?
Why would he want her fingers?
DrumNWReX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:00 PM   #2588
Digital Dillon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288727
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Sturbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX premium
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx surfwagon

Even if he kept up You could defeat it with the Jeeps natural enemy... a turn
Or speeds above 70mph and fuel mileage. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumNWReX

Why would he want her fingers?
To play around with his stick shift. duhh!
Digital Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #2589
chelseaWRX06
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 287914
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New York
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza WRX
Aspen White

Default

I was driving to school and a kid in a GTI pulls up next to me at a light and rolls his window down and said:
"when I saw you I was expecting a Japanese guy or something. You like power, huh?"
chelseaWRX06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #2590
Subie_Noob_Brian
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288037
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: University Place, WA
Vehicle:
2015 LightingRed WRX
11' WRX sold**14' XV sold

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseaWRX06
I was driving to school and a kid in a GTI pulls up next to me at a light and rolls his window down and said:
"when I saw you I was expecting a Japanese guy or something. You like power, huh?"
^^^ lol...
Subie_Noob_Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #2591
gizmotron2030
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 145183
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Graf
Vehicle:
2011 BMW M3
Blue

Default

I have a 2006 WRX TR. I went home on vacation in Texas in July. On my way to a car meet a guy in a 2011 sedan pulled up next to me and said "what the hell is that?!" I said "WRX". He replies "Looks like a honda with a body kit" and laughs. Light turns green, and he takes off. Lets just say my 360whp "suprized" him alittle
gizmotron2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #2592
wrx surfwagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262719
Join Date: Nov 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Connecticut
Vehicle:
02 WRX
PSM with rust accents

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarverSnell View Post
Walking through the parking lot at my school...

I've seen the girl getting into it but I just walked by it and seen the emblem.
I will fully concede my lameness, but what the hell is that thing? its everywhere and idk why...
wrx surfwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #2593
wrx surfwagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262719
Join Date: Nov 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Connecticut
Vehicle:
02 WRX
PSM with rust accents

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmotron2030 View Post
I have a 2006 WRX TR. I went home on vacation in Texas in July. On my way to a car meet a guy in a 2011 sedan pulled up next to me and said "what the hell is that?!" I said "WRX". He replies "Looks like a honda with a body kit" and laughs. Light turns green, and he takes off. Lets just say my 360whp "suprized" him alittle
a 2011 wrx sedan? First, friendly fire is not cool. Second, thats pretty ironic as the newer ones are trying like hell to look more generic.
wrx surfwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #2594
Help I'm Stuck!
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 248293
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NNJ
Vehicle:
2010 2.5i hatch
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx surfwagon View Post
I will fully concede my lameness, but what the hell is that thing? its everywhere and idk why...
The face or the emblem? lol
Help I'm Stuck! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #2595
drewvdw
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 255776
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Laramie, WY
Vehicle:
2010 LR WRX
MPS powered.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmotron2030 View Post
I have a 2006 WRX TR. I went home on vacation in Texas in July. On my way to a car meet a guy in a 2011 sedan pulled up next to me and said "what the hell is that?!" I said "WRX". He replies "Looks like a honda with a body kit" and laughs. Light turns green, and he takes off. Lets just say my 360whp "suprized" him alittle
...so you street raced him dumbass
drewvdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:54 PM   #2596
gizmotron2030
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 145183
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Graf
Vehicle:
2011 BMW M3
Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx surfwagon View Post
a 2011 wrx sedan? First, friendly fire is not cool. Second, thats pretty ironic as the newer ones are trying like hell to look more generic.
It was a STi, sorry for leaving that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewvdw View Post
...so you street raced him dumbass
He was being an ******* so I returned the favor. You can't believe no one street races any more. What would you rather have happened?
gizmotron2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:56 PM   #2597
drewvdw
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 255776
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Laramie, WY
Vehicle:
2010 LR WRX
MPS powered.

Default

oh, i believe dumbasses street race, there's no doubt about that. i hear them every ****ing night. what you should have done was let him be a dumbass without you. what did you accomplish? absolutely nothing but risking the lives of everyone on the road with you.
drewvdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #2598
wrx surfwagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262719
Join Date: Nov 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Connecticut
Vehicle:
02 WRX
PSM with rust accents

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Help I'm Stuck! View Post
The face or the emblem? lol
oh duh tic lol nvm
wrx surfwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:16 PM   #2599
gizmotron2030
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 145183
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Graf
Vehicle:
2011 BMW M3
Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewvdw View Post
oh, i believe dumbasses street race, there's no doubt about that. i hear them every ****ing night. what you should have done was let him be a dumbass without you. what did you accomplish? absolutely nothing but risking the lives of everyone on the road with you.
I can't dissagree with there. I will say this, yes I was wrong and it was more road rage than street race, but it was a race on the street. As long as there are tuner cars there will be street races.

Now lets get back on topic
gizmotron2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #2600
Wirtz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 286408
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
WFC #952
Function:error!

Default

I have a VW Passat (larger sized) dangling from my rear tow hook since I know too many douchebag dubbers in my state. I love the looks of the cars but in general I hate the VW scene.

First time someone truly got it:
Pull up at stop light next to who I recognize as a local O'reily employee in the company truck

Him: I like the vw emblem!
Me: Thanks. The vw scene pisses me off. Nobody unique anymore
Him: I hear ya. That emblem is right where it belongs!

Light turns and we give a wave and drive our separate directions

Not that funny but I get great looks for it since its 1/4" from the ground
Wirtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Funniest or most unexpected thing you've heard/seen your parents do fokai Off-Topic 41 07-15-2012 01:59 PM
Whats the funniest slang term(s) you've heard? imprezaf Off-Topic 190 01-10-2012 11:50 PM
Funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your Subie DarkDvr General Community 15341 03-23-2011 10:54 AM
Funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your audio/video system? mechanizeddeath Car Audio, Video & Security 11 04-07-2009 09:06 AM
Funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your Subie II DarkDvr General Community 0 04-19-2007 04:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.