|10-11-2011, 05:57 PM||#1|
Member Sales Rating: (1)
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Rowley, MAVehicle:
2015 STI Launch Ed.
Rally Blue Pearl
PayPal Pitfalls... AKA NEVER send money as a Gift!
Just as the title says... if you send money as a Gift through PayPal to avoid the fees, you are waiving any rights you have to dispute the reversal of the transaction. Gifts have no attachment to goods/service, so there is nothing to for PayPal to investigate to confirm the transaction.
Why this is a problem...
1) You sell an item to someone
2) They send you money as a Gift
3) You ship the item, it arrives
4) They dispute the Gift, which 99 times out of 100 will be immediately refunded without you having any way to dispute it.
5) You are now out your item and the money you were paid temporarily for it.
Please be smart... saving a couple bucks on the PayPal fees is not worth this scenario!!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|The Money Changers/Money Masters/Money as Debt/etc... Any Rebuttals???||mr_yellow||Off-Topic||27||12-12-2007 02:46 PM|
|Creative Ways to Give Money as a Gift||Disoriental||Off-Topic||32||10-11-2006 02:02 AM|
|who do i send money to for vendor status?||boogerwrx||General Community||11||12-05-2002 12:46 AM|
|I need help fast, where the heck do i send money for AutoX||VSM EXtasy||Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC||5||11-11-2002 11:26 PM|
|BEWARE before you send money to AUTOMORPH||uktena||General Forum Archive||42||06-20-2000 12:24 AM|