Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday August 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 02:13 PM   #5276
Benchmark
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295582
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA Mid-Atlantic
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeper View Post
Looks like no PZEV badge if you buy a Sport!

I was wondering where they were going to put that badge...
I was wondering about the same thing, but is MARider's a PZEV?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Benchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:13 PM   #5277
chemkat
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 302578
Join Date: Nov 2011
Vehicle:
2000 Outback Sport
Green

Default

What a nice new Sport! Congrats.

Ugh, the closer I get to actually getting this car the more frustrated I am and ready to give up My dealer received 3 cars yesterday that were originally scheduled to be there on the 28th. He says they are getting another truck in today but there are 30 cars total coming in and the ones he has received are without accessories (mine has additional stuff).

Fingers crossed that some sees the pretty blue wagon and wants it to get to a good home quickly.
chemkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:14 PM   #5278
JBellLion
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 297522
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

Just got off the phone with my dealer. My car is showing as 1 day out, so it should be arriving any day now (maybe even today); complication is they don't have a Master Cylinder for it yet... but I cannot pick it up till the 19th anyway so plenty of time. Hopefully I will have pictures of my MPB Sport Limited before the end of the week to share!
JBellLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #5279
imprzya
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 12181
Join Date: Nov 2001
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Vehicle:
2004 STi WRBro
15 Forester Touring

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARider View Post
Here are a few photos of my new Impreza Sport, before the spoiler is installed.

Looks good! I wish mine would hurry up and get here!
imprzya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:29 PM   #5280
ALafya
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 293105
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemkat View Post
What a nice new Sport! Congrats.

Ugh, the closer I get to actually getting this car the more frustrated I am and ready to give up My dealer received 3 cars yesterday that were originally scheduled to be there on the 28th. He says they are getting another truck in today but there are 30 cars total coming in and the ones he has received are without accessories (mine has additional stuff).

Fingers crossed that some sees the pretty blue wagon and wants it to get to a good home quickly.
Interesting, Steven's Creek Subaru does not show any 2012 Impreza on their site. Same for Capitol Subaru in San Jose, Carlsen Subaru nor Livermore Subaru.
I am likely to make the purchase only in January anyway (I did not pre-order), so I am not feeling impatient.
Looking for Premium 5-door with CVT. Thinking of getting only the roof rack and weather mats, which could be installed even later. However, I am thinking of better tires, for better snow/ice handling. I'd like to get some credit on the existing tires, if I can.
ALafya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #5281
chanomatik
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

I can't wait until my local dealer gets a 2012 that I can test drive. I'm honestly thinking about this car for something that fills my desire for good gas mileage, comfort, and less aggression.
chanomatik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:36 PM   #5282
chemkat
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 302578
Join Date: Nov 2011
Vehicle:
2000 Outback Sport
Green

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALafya View Post
Interesting, Steven's Creek Subaru does not show any 2012 Impreza on their site. Same for Capitol Subaru in San Jose, Carlsen Subaru nor Livermore Subaru.
Guess that just goes to show that not all cars show up in transit on the dealer's website. I wish I could test drive one.
chemkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:39 PM   #5283
Furiousd1983
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295099
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Cackalack
Vehicle:
2013 Not so Hot HB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchmark View Post
I was wondering about the same thing, but is MARider's a PZEV?
To be sold in NH it would have to be
Furiousd1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #5284
Benchmark
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295582
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA Mid-Atlantic
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousd1983 View Post
To be sold in NH it would have to be
NH was not one of 12 states listed on cars101.com that require PZEV on the 2012 Impreza. Of course the website is not always correct.

Edit: PZEV is required for a 2012 Legacy 2.5L CVT in NH.

Last edited by Benchmark; 12-06-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Benchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #5285
MARider
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 293944
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchmark View Post
NH was not one of 12 states listed on cars101.com that require PZEV on the 2012 Impreza. Of course the website is not always correct.
Yes--this is interesting. I was told it was going to be a PZEV, because it had to be. I haven't looked at the sticker yet but I will ask about this. Looking on the cars101.com, it states that NH is in fact a PEZV state for the 2012 Impreza:


-
2012 PRICES - Impreza 2.0i, Premium, and Sport
subject to change, correction, comments welcomed
Notes, updates
Prices announced 8/15/11. Destination now $750 (was $725). Alaska destination +$150 to $900.
PZEV emissions. Its required on all 2012 Imprezas sold in AZ, CA, CT, MA, MD, ME, NJ, NY, OR, PA, VT, WA.. What is PZEV.
Prices might vary in CT, HI, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI. VT.
Price are suggested list. Always add your local sales tax and license fees. This is an unofficial, independent, unauthorized research site and your purchase price may vary due to rebates and incentives, dealer mark-up or discounts, and options. Always contact your local dealer. Info subject to change correction
My Interest Rates, rebates page
WHERE DO YOU LIVE, WHAT STATE?
> PZEV Emissions are required on 2012 Imprezas sold in CA, CT, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OR, PA, VT, WA
> Prices might vary in CT, HI, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI. VT
MARider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #5286
Kostamojen
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 2272
Join Date: Sep 2000
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: haha XD
Vehicle:
2013 Subaru 599 :P
Galaxy Blue Sexy

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALafya View Post
Interesting, Steven's Creek Subaru does not show any 2012 Impreza on their site. Same for Capitol Subaru in San Jose, Carlsen Subaru nor Livermore Subaru.
You know that this process isn't automated, right? Someone has to manually take photos of the cars and upload them to their site.
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:05 PM   #5287
Benchmark
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295582
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA Mid-Atlantic
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARider View Post
Yes--this is interesting. I was told it was going to be a PZEV, because it had to be. I haven't looked at the sticker yet but I will ask about this. Looking on the cars101.com, it states that NH is in fact a PEZV state for the 2012 Impreza:


-
2012 PRICES - Impreza 2.0i, Premium, and Sport
subject to change, correction, comments welcomed
Notes, updates
Prices announced 8/15/11. Destination now $750 (was $725). Alaska destination +$150 to $900.
PZEV emissions. Its required on all 2012 Imprezas sold in AZ, CA, CT, MA, MD, ME, NJ, NY, OR, PA, VT, WA.. What is PZEV.
Prices might vary in CT, HI, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI. VT.
Price are suggested list. Always add your local sales tax and license fees. This is an unofficial, independent, unauthorized research site and your purchase price may vary due to rebates and incentives, dealer mark-up or discounts, and options. Always contact your local dealer. Info subject to change correction
My Interest Rates, rebates page
WHERE DO YOU LIVE, WHAT STATE?
> PZEV Emissions are required on 2012 Imprezas sold in CA, CT, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OR, PA, VT, WA
> Prices might vary in CT, HI, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI. VT
MARider,
I can see cars101.com's website has lists of PZEV states scattered all over the page. One list shows AZ instead of NH and one shows NH instead of AZ. There may be other combinations. Just look at your quote. It has two different lists.
Benchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:19 PM   #5288
MuDPhuDStudent
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 294581
Join Date: Sep 2011
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Limited
Sky Blue

Default

My NH dealer told me that because every state in New England (other than NH) requires PZEZ SNE is only supplying PZEV car to all its states, including NH.
MuDPhuDStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #5289
JL-KA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 229188
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Default

Has there been any info on when the WRX and STI will take on the new body style? '13 or are they waiting longer?
JL-KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:24 PM   #5290
JBellLion
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 297522
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBellLion View Post
Just got off the phone with my dealer. My car is showing as 1 day out, so it should be arriving any day now (maybe even today); complication is they don't have a Master Cylinder for it yet... but I cannot pick it up till the 19th anyway so plenty of time. Hopefully I will have pictures of my MPB Sport Limited before the end of the week to share!
I spoke too soon! My car has arrived and I have pictures!






JBellLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #5291
chemkat
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 302578
Join Date: Nov 2011
Vehicle:
2000 Outback Sport
Green

Default

That's what color my car is supposed to be JBellLion. Congrats.
chemkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #5292
Shotokan07
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300420
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sprt LT
ISM

Default

Dooooood JB!

I'm so excited for you and myself! Got the same accessories for mine and it look gorgeous! CONGRATS!

Shotokan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:32 PM   #5293
bg18947
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300604
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Northern NJ
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Spt Ltd
2008 Infiniti G35xS

Default

Congrats to all the new Impreza owners. I'm still waiting for my delivery date. The anticipation is a killer. I only know that the car is listed as in-transit by the dealership.
bg18947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #5294
JBellLion
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 297522
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotokan07 View Post
Dooooood JB!

I'm so excited for you and myself! Got the same accessories for mine and it look gorgeous! CONGRATS!

Sadly I won't get to see it in person or drive it for almost two weeks, but that is OK - gives them time to install a few more accessories and replace the Master Cylinder. I also have plenty to do between now and then, not the least of which is selling my 2000 Honda CRV!
JBellLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #5295
BAD SNaCKY
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 298235
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Burbs of Philly
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
DGM

Default

mesh grill looks good; i think i'm going to get it!
BAD SNaCKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #5296
Shotokan07
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300420
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sprt LT
ISM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBellLion View Post
This mesh girl looks awesome! Also added the body kit. Since mine is the Silver, I'm planning on tinting the lights as well. This will give it a nice 2 tone effect. AWESOMENESS!
Shotokan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #5297
Shotokan07
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300420
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sprt LT
ISM

Default

ST Eye, since you've been playing with wirings a little. Do you see any possibility for the modding I want to be done on the headlights? Seeing a little clearer now from the pics, there seems to be a little space between the reflector marker and the signal lights.

Yes? You see it?
Shotokan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #5298
playtoannoy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 303101
Join Date: Dec 2011
Talking There's one for sale in the San Francisco Bay Area

playtoannoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:08 PM   #5299
EnterTheDragon
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 6511
Join Date: May 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: West of the Atlantic
Default

imo the rails really set the hatch off. Great looking cars fellas.
EnterTheDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #5300
chemkat
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 302578
Join Date: Nov 2011
Vehicle:
2000 Outback Sport
Green

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtoannoy View Post
Why on earth is Capitol Creek posting on craigslist? Weird.
chemkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 Impreza STI concept art khaki_man Member's Car Gallery 37 03-15-2011 02:02 AM
Newsflash: 2012 Impreza looks like BigElm's Butt WagonMonster Off-Topic 4 02-28-2011 07:11 PM
2012 Impreza Concept Zakster87 General Community 14 11-17-2010 04:09 PM
Possibly looking into a 2011 or 2012 Impreza? xenonk Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 1 08-05-2010 09:48 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.