Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday July 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
erok81
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 300717
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
JBP

Default Help Installing BFM Wideband Cable

I purchased a wideband cable from Busted Finger and am having trouble getting the drivers installed. BFM has been super helpful with tutorials and other instructions, but figured I'd post here as well - maybe someone has ran into this before.

I am running windows XP. The serial plug is installed in the car, but the USB/Serial cable is here in my apartment. I don't know if they need to be connected for the install to work or if I have to be in the car for the install to work.

Anyway...my laptop installs its own drivers before I can manually install them. Because of that I have to update the drivers after they are installed by windows.

From his install thread once the install is complete, in the device manager you will have two drivers installed. No matter what I do, I can't get the second driver to show up like he has.

Here is what I see in my device manager when the cable is installed.

The second of the two is removed when I unplug the wideband cable, the other is always there. If I try to add either of the new manual drivers to the COM5 option, I get an error stating those aren't viable files for that hardware type.

If I try the manual drivers on the COM1 port it gives me a code 10 and then the port is no longer usable - it has a yellow exclamation mark next to it. The only way to fix it is to roll back the driver.

Any ideas on how to get this working?
erok81 is offline   Reply With Quote