Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday August 27, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #11226
Ogden
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 1748
Join Date: Jun 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Vehicle:
'09 Outback Sport
OBP over DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier00000 View Post
Come spring time I will have to replace my struts and swaybar endlinks. (I put STi springs on my car and they blew my struts within a week, which also ended up messing up my endlinks)

So, the question I have is, since I live in upstate NY, should I buy coilovers and lower the car a bit, or buy the various suspension parts to lift it? I'm pretty much on the fence about it.
Unless you are buying coils to slam the car, or just to have them, there just isn't a whole lot of reason to buy them if you aren't going track it. It would be difficult to find anything in a daily driving, or even spirited street use, that would challenge your suspension to the point of NEEDING coils vs. a good strut/spring combo. Most people that have coils don't need them.

Given the roads in the Northeast and the winters, I'd go with 09-10 WRX struts and some good springs.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #11227
premier00000
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 251060
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Schenectady, NY
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza Outback
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogden

Unless you are buying coils to slam the car, or just to have them, there just isn't a whole lot of reason to buy them if you aren't going track it. It would be difficult to find anything in a daily driving, or even spirited street use, that would challenge your suspension to the point of NEEDING coils vs. a good strut/spring combo. Most people that have coils don't need them.

Given the roads in the Northeast and the winters, I'd go with 09-10 WRX struts and some good springs.
I just want to be able to lower it in the summer and lift it back up for winter. They don't plow my street until like a week after the snow falls
premier00000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #11228
Str8cypherm80
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 202129
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Florida
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Hatch
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogden View Post
Unless you are buying coils to slam the car, or just to have them, there just isn't a whole lot of reason to buy them if you aren't going track it. It would be difficult to find anything in a daily driving, or even spirited street use, that would challenge your suspension to the point of NEEDING coils vs. a good strut/spring combo. Most people that have coils don't need them.

Given the roads in the Northeast and the winters, I'd go with 09-10 WRX struts and some good springs.
sorry...coilovers are worth every penny....i love mine. they are great for any type of driving on and off tracks. the only reason people dont buy coilovers more often is because theyre costly. if given the choice, ALMOST EVERYONE would have a set lol why buy 08 wrx parts that are equally as susceptible to being blown??

aftermarket coilovers>just lowering springs/oem struts any day.

springs you get minimal ride height drop at best. and possibly a blown strut.

DO IT RIGHT.

with coilovers you receive (depending on coilover)

-32 way damper adjustment
-vast choices in ride height and camber adjustment

overall if you are going to do it, go coilovers.
Str8cypherm80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #11229
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8cypherm80 View Post
sorry...coilovers are worth every penny....i love mine. they are great for any type of driving on and off tracks. the only reason people dont buy coilovers more often is because theyre costly. if given the choice, ALMOST EVERYONE would have a set lol why buy 08 wrx parts that are equally as susceptible to being blown??

aftermarket coilovers>just lowering springs/oem struts any day.

springs you get minimal ride height drop at best. and possibly a blown strut.

DO IT RIGHT.

with coilovers you receive (depending on coilover)

-32 way damper adjustment
-vast choices in ride height and camber adjustment

overall if you are going to do it, go coilovers.
Which coilovers are you running again. I keep reading mixed reviews about Racelands. Not that I am trying to buy some but the price is sure appealing.
fancyfootwork15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #11230
Byzantium
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 207826
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Katabatic
Vehicle:
85k 2002 WRX
Correct Fitment Crew #034

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8cypherm80

sorry...coilovers are worth every penny....i love mine. they are great for any type of driving on and off tracks. the only reason people dont buy coilovers more often is because theyre costly. if given the choice, ALMOST EVERYONE would have a set lol why buy 08 wrx parts that are equally as susceptible to being blown??

aftermarket coilovers>just lowering springs/oem struts any day.

springs you get minimal ride height drop at best. and possibly a blown strut.

DO IT RIGHT.

with coilovers you receive (depending on coilover)

-32 way damper adjustment
-vast choices in ride height and camber adjustment

overall if you are going to do it, go coilovers.
Uhhhh you should probably never post again. Your post is mind blowingly retarded. What Ogden said was spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15

Which coilovers are you running again. I keep reading mixed reviews about Racelands. Not that I am trying to buy some but the price is sure appealing.
The price is what should be scaring.you away, not drawing you in. And there should be no mixed reviews. When $1,000 BCs are junk, what do you think you're getting for $400?

Last edited by Byzantium; 01-06-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Byzantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #11231
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byzantium View Post
The price is what should be scaring.you away, not drawing you in. And there should be no mixed reviews. When $1,000 BCs are junk, what do you think you're getting for $400?
Exactly. Trust me, i'm FAR from buying them. Just interesting to read any sort of reviews. I would prefer to ride with wheel gap then to snap a coilover going 70mph down the freeway.

What also concerns me is that if you do a Google search for their #801-365-1440, www.racelandus.com isn't even the first hit. Now, if I were a company trying to sell product for MUCH cheaper then rival companies.. I would surely want my company to be the first hit on Google. I also find it weird that they don't have a Vendor page here on NASIOC. One would also think that they would want to make a name for themselves as well as earning respect from us members who are interested and/or bashing the company.
fancyfootwork15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #11232
funky monk
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 143094
Join Date: Mar 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
08 LGT
DBM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15 View Post
Now, if I were a company trying to sell product for MUCH cheaper then rival companies.. I would surely want my company to be the first hit on Google. I also find it weird that they don't have a Vendor page here on NASIOC. One would also think that they would want to make a name for themselves as well as earning respect from us members who are interested and/or bashing the company.
That's not how Google works.

And vendor accounts here aren't cheap, especially for smaller companies.
funky monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #11233
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky monk

That's not how Google works.

And vendor accounts here aren't cheap, especially for smaller companies.
What do you mean that's not how Google works? When you search Raceland, you would except racelandus.com to be at the top. Not a reverse number search. Granted I don't know how long this company has been around for which could also play a part in it.

No idea how much vendor accounts are but I'm assuming if you want to reach out to a mass amount of Subaru members, getting a vendor account here wouldn't be a bad idea.
fancyfootwork15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #11234
awdorgtfo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 252252
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Dublin, CA
Vehicle:
2007 WRX Wagon
UGM

Default

When I searched raceland...they DID come up on the top. Their **** is cheap for a reason. Don't waste your money.
awdorgtfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:24 PM   #11235
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdorgtfo
When I searched raceland...they DID come up on the top. Their **** is cheap for a reason. Don't waste your money.
I won't be.
fancyfootwork15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #11236
mehhhhhhh
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295882
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default

Just put in an order for the rallitek front and rear sway kit. Debating cancelling it and just getting the rear. Is the upgraded front a big improvement over stock? Will the car handle akwardly with just the upgraded rear?? Anyone gone from a rear upgrade and later installed the stiffer front?
mehhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:15 AM   #11237
ajracerfan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 221308
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Magnolia, TX
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i
Orange

Default

ajracerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:25 AM   #11238
CarverSnell
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 256218
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Concord, NC
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX
PSM | VF30 300whp

Default

^



CarverSnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:27 AM   #11239
ajracerfan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 221308
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Magnolia, TX
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i
Orange

Default

haha thanks bud. still havent quite gotten that down.
ajracerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #11240
scubie_craig
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 282209
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Alfred, Maine
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza 2.5i
UGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehhhhhhh View Post
Just put in an order for the rallitek front and rear sway kit. Debating cancelling it and just getting the rear. Is the upgraded front a big improvement over stock? Will the car handle akwardly with just the upgraded rear?? Anyone gone from a rear upgrade and later installed the stiffer front?
It's still worth it to do just one for an upgrade. I did that on a Mazda3 I used to own. Even with just the rear there is a huge difference, but for sure, you'll notice even better results with both upgraded. It's not uncommon though for someone to replace one and then do the other at a later time.
scubie_craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #11241
colin1234567
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 212639
Join Date: May 2009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
WRX= 13/SWP/GR/TP
Stage 3, '90 NA Miata

Default

colin1234567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #11242
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Colin1234567 looks good. Nice height and stance. What wheels?
fancyfootwork15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #11243
07RezaWagon
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 291657
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Kennewick, WA
Vehicle:
2007 2.5i Wagon
CGM

Default

Colin you posted this same pic in this thread like 3 months ago..
07RezaWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #11244
JourdanWithaU
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146287
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: NOR-CAL (South Bay Area)
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i 5D
Sunlight Gold Opal

Default

^^ I was going to say the same thing.
JourdanWithaU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #11245
bao2me_23
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 270201
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza 2.5i
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehhhhhhh View Post
Just put in an order for the rallitek front and rear sway kit. Debating cancelling it and just getting the rear. Is the upgraded front a big improvement over stock? Will the car handle akwardly with just the upgraded rear?? Anyone gone from a rear upgrade and later installed the stiffer front?
I just have the rear sway bar right now and it is great. I'm planning on getting the front at a later time to make it even better! You should just get the set because it's a great deal!
bao2me_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #11246
mehhhhhhh
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295882
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default

Is there anywhere to get only the upgraded front? I've only seen it with the rallitek kit -- never solo. Well I've got the full set on order. Can't wait to install...
mehhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #11247
DirknJirkn13
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 249696
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: FL
Vehicle:
2010 Outback Sport
Black

Default

Only way to know is to contact Rallitek.
DirknJirkn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:09 AM   #11248
bao2me_23
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 270201
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza 2.5i
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehhhhhhh View Post
Is there anywhere to get only the upgraded front? I've only seen it with the rallitek kit -- never solo. Well I've got the full set on order. Can't wait to install...
Yes they do! I emailed them and they do sell the front sway bar separately.
bao2me_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:02 AM   #11249
scubie_craig
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 282209
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Alfred, Maine
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza 2.5i
UGM

Default

I was going to say... why are you set on Rallitek swaybars? There are plenty of other manufacturers that sell them separately. Perrin, Whiteline, etc...
scubie_craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #11250
JourdanWithaU
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146287
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: NOR-CAL (South Bay Area)
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i 5D
Sunlight Gold Opal

Default

Whiteline makes a 22 front for our cars as well. (On my list of things to get.)
JourdanWithaU is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's the widest tire that can be put on the 2.5i? SubieSubie Impreza Forum 17 06-25-2012 06:17 PM
Will the STi Front and Rear Bumper will fit on the 2.5i? GD6Noob Interior & Exterior Modification 7 04-30-2012 08:33 PM
Wheels that fit the 2.5i and the best offset. VIsubi Tire & Wheel 2 06-23-2010 09:19 PM
Test Drove the 2.5i Legacy at SoD maclif Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 8 06-02-2004 08:42 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.