Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Tri-State Area Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Regional Areas > Tri-State Area Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 09:06 AM   #1
sexyyrex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 128022
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRB STi
2007 Nissan Altima

Default Danbury Chat v.2

Hello all, welcome to my playground.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sexyyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:21 AM   #2
DC5edSTI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131261
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Old Greenwich, CT
Vehicle:
2007 SWP STi >500whp
2003 Corvette ZO6 391whp

Default

What shocks me about the Danbury e85 is that if CT was gonna allow it for public use why they didn't integrate it into all the brand new merrit parkway stations they are renovating or just finished working on.


Either way it's a step forward I guess....
DC5edSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:23 AM   #3
sexyyrex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 128022
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRB STi
2007 Nissan Altima

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5edSTI View Post
What shocks me about the Danbury e85 is that if CT was gonna allow it for public use why they didn't integrate it into all the brand new merrit parkway stations they are renovating or just finished working on.


Either way it's a step forward I guess....
Extremely valid point. Its messed up that they wanted it and implemented it AFTER the subsidiaries expired. Regardless it's still 3.09 in new rochelle/rye and 3.55 in bedford hills.


extremely important topic....anyone going? This Saturday at 630 in the winter parking garage.
sexyyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:35 AM   #4
SWP n Gold
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 110783
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Stamford, CT
Vehicle:
2010 WRX
Satin White Pearl

Default

I would go but I just got my car back from the shop and discovered an oil leak so it's going back.
SWP n Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #5
sexyyrex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 128022
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRB STi
2007 Nissan Altima

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWP n Gold View Post
I would go but I just got my car back from the shop and discovered an oil leak so it's going back.
What was it doing in the shop and wheres it leaking from?
sexyyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #6
iwantmyWRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 154286
Join Date: Jul 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: CT
Vehicle:
2006 CGM WRX
Dust Collector

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5edSTI View Post
What shocks me about the Danbury e85 is that if CT was gonna allow it for public use why they didn't integrate it into all the brand new merrit parkway stations they are renovating or just finished working on.


Either way it's a step forward I guess....
I saw that this gas station was under construction a while ago. Maybe I'll go E85 this spring? Was thinking about doing the following mods as well:
TGV Deletes
FMIC
6-Speed - probably won't be until next summer though
iwantmyWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #7
SWP n Gold
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 110783
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Stamford, CT
Vehicle:
2010 WRX
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyyrex View Post
What was it doing in the shop and wheres it leaking from?
I had been in a minor accident recently and I just picked it up from the body shop yesterday. I was leaving for work this morning after it sat all night and I noticed an oil spot under my car about 2 inches in diameter. I haven't had a chance to see where it's coming from and I'm a bit paranoid since it could have been leaking the entire time it was at the shop. I'm going to check the oil when I'm on break.
SWP n Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #8
sexyyrex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 128022
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRB STi
2007 Nissan Altima

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantmyWRX View Post
I saw that this gas station was under construction a while ago. Maybe I'll go E85 this spring? Was thinking about doing the following mods as well:
TGV Deletes
FMIC
6-Speed - probably won't be until next summer though
Stock Turbo? Which setup you running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWP n Gold View Post
I had been in a minor accident recently and I just picked it up from the body shop yesterday. I was leaving for work this morning after it sat all night and I noticed an oil spot under my car about 2 inches in diameter. I haven't had a chance to see where it's coming from and I'm a bit paranoid since it could have been leaking the entire time it was at the shop. I'm going to check the oil when I'm on break.
Very good idea.
sexyyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #9
Gfunk720
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 42549
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: You can find me in the 203
Vehicle:
E92 BMW M3
2011 VW TDI Wagon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5edSTI View Post
What shocks me about the Danbury e85 is that if CT was gonna allow it for public use why they didn't integrate it into all the brand new merrit parkway stations they are renovating or just finished working on.
With 3 or so pumps in the whole state, I'm not sure it makes sense to retro the stations yet. Especially with the future of E85 somewhat uncertain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyyrex View Post
What was it doing in the shop and wheres it leaking from?
+1.... What shop as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantmyWRX View Post
I saw that this gas station was under construction a while ago. Maybe I'll go E85 this spring? Was thinking about doing the following mods as well:
• TGV Deletes
• FMIC
• 6-Speed - probably won't be until next summer though
The station will be in Brookfield, CT. Not sure where exactly, but probably off of Federal Road somewhere. Might work out as well for me I may be moving closer to work before to long. The hour plus commute to NYS is getting a little old for me.

Going to test drive E92 M3's at lunch hopefully
Gfunk720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:45 AM   #10
SWP n Gold
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 110783
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Stamford, CT
Vehicle:
2010 WRX
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfunk720 View Post
+1.... What shop as well?
It was in for body work and I'm guessing they didn't diagnose any sort of oil leak since they are just a body shop and don't work on anything else. The oil leak isn't their fault, it's because of the accident; I'm surprised they didn't notice it though. It was Smitty's in Bethel, who does great work, it just sucks it has to go back in right after I got it back.
SWP n Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:45 AM   #11
sexyyrex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 128022
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRB STi
2007 Nissan Altima

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfunk720 View Post
With 3 or so pumps in the whole state, I'm not sure it makes sense to retro the stations yet. Especially with the future of E85 somewhat uncertain.

The station will be in Brookfield, CT. Not sure where exactly, but probably off of Federal Road somewhere. Might work out as well for me I may be moving closer to work before to long. The hour plus commute to NYS is getting a little old for me.

Going to test drive E92 M3's at lunch hopefully
Nice nice, i've heard mixed things. They're nice but they're tanks. A friend of mine has a plasma blue pearl coupe (or whatever that dark blue is) and he likes it, just thought it'd be faster.

In regards to the 1600's we were talking about earlier. The bigger the injector no matter pump or e85, makes the idle map alot harder to configure. Big side feeds never idle right on pump and big top feeds have a hard time unless the idle is at like 1200rpm or so. I've heard good things about the ID1000's or the DW1300's. Really depends on the tuner and what latencies he prefers.

Last edited by sexyyrex; 02-22-2012 at 11:01 AM.
sexyyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #12
Gfunk720
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 42549
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: You can find me in the 203
Vehicle:
E92 BMW M3
2011 VW TDI Wagon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWP n Gold View Post
It was Smitty's in Bethel, who does great work, it just sucks it has to go back in right after I got it back.
I beg to differ. I've had some friends who have had some pretty crappy experiences with Smitty's.

My buddy had the spoiler fly off his GTI on the highway that they installed. Their paint work also used to be full of fisheyes and marring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyyrex View Post
Nice nice, i've heard mixed things. They're nice but they're tanks. A friend of mine has a plasma blue pearl coupe (or whatever that dark blue is) and he likes it, just thought it'd be faster.
Yeah, I'm not sure about it but want to see what they are like. 414hp sounds nice, but 295tq sounds crappy. With a full exhaust and other bolt ons though, it should trap 115-118 in the quarter, but will still only make 300wtq.

Or I could just get a VF-Engineering Supercharger... Cars already in the 10's with 129mph trap speeds. Not bad for $14k...
Gfunk720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #13
sexyyrex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 128022
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRB STi
2007 Nissan Altima

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfunk720 View Post
I beg to differ. I've had some friends who have had some pretty crappy experiences with Smitty's.

My buddy had the spoiler fly off his GTI on the highway that they installed. Their paint work also used to be full of fisheyes and marring.



Yeah, I'm not sure about it but want to see what they are like. 414hp sounds nice, but 295tq sounds crappy. With a full exhaust and other bolt ons though, it should trap 115-118 in the quarter, but will still only make 300wtq.

Or I could just get a VF-Engineering Supercharger... Cars already in the 10's with 129mph trap speeds. Not bad for $14k...
hahaa yeah i was going to say that doesn't come without a price. anddd then you already had it mentioned. lol

look at my post above i edited it and never clicked save^
sexyyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #14
DC5edSTI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131261
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Old Greenwich, CT
Vehicle:
2007 SWP STi >500whp
2003 Corvette ZO6 391whp

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfunk720 View Post
With 3 or so pumps in the whole state, I'm not sure it makes sense to retro the stations yet. Especially with the future of E85 somewhat uncertain.



Going to test drive E92 M3's at lunch hopefully

Yea but the 3 current stations are all D.O.T. only stations.


Plus what I was saying was the stations on the merrit are being renovated from the in-ground tanks up... So it wouldn't have been a retrofit if it was implemented from the get go.

Good luck with M3 test drive. Looking forward to hearing your driving impressions.
DC5edSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:30 AM   #15
05EJ25
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 93133
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Peekskill, New York
Vehicle:
05 CGM STi
Stage TSP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWP n Gold View Post
I would go but I just got my car back from the shop and discovered an oil leak so it's going back.
Isn't that lovely feeling. I have cam seal leaking I have to replace on saturday. My machinist is eating this. I replaced the passenger intake cam seal this past saturday and the Drivers side was fine. Driver's side went last night. He packed them with silicon. In my eyes, that's a no no. I usually set them dry or with shelac. This is what I get when I trust others with my stuff.
05EJ25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #16
sexyyrex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 128022
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRB STi
2007 Nissan Altima

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5edSTI View Post
Yea but the 3 current stations are all D.O.T. only stations.


Plus what I was saying was the stations on the merrit are being renovated from the in-ground tanks up... So it wouldn't have been a retrofit if it was implemented from the get go.

Good luck with M3 test drive. Looking forward to hearing your driving impressions.
nah, waterford is a public station and i believe there is one down by mystic as well, this will be the third.
sexyyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #17
DC5edSTI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131261
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Old Greenwich, CT
Vehicle:
2007 SWP STi >500whp
2003 Corvette ZO6 391whp

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyyrex View Post
nah, waterford is a public station and i believe there is one down by mystic as well, this will be the third.
Interesting... The last I looked, like a little under a year ago there were only 3 stations in ct then too, but all were DOT only stations and labeled not for public use.
DC5edSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:08 PM   #18
xxvapor9
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 257800
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default

this e85 possibility is awesome hopefully it works out and spreads along like wildfire especially with the gas prices and where they are headed
xxvapor9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #19
iwantmyWRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 154286
Join Date: Jul 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: CT
Vehicle:
2006 CGM WRX
Dust Collector

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyyrex View Post
Stock Turbo? Which setup you running?
I have a Blouch 20G. Considering holding on to it for another year or two (barely has 10k miles on it) and then changing over to the Blouch Dom 2.5XT-R
iwantmyWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #20
SWP n Gold
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 110783
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Stamford, CT
Vehicle:
2010 WRX
Satin White Pearl

Default

Just checked the oil level after the car had been sitting for 3 hours and it is at the notch, which is above the "F" level. I'm guessing I haven't lost much oil yet, or I need to check it again after it's warm? I didn't notice any oil on the ground, but I'm going to check again in a little while.
SWP n Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #21
k757
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 274785
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2014 Ford Fiesta ST

Default

Who here races with FCSCC and/or CART?

I joined both: FCSCC = rookie stock DS, CART = DS
I'm also planning to go to CART's track day at Lime Rock and maybe Pocono.

I'm not saying that I'm good, but will have a good time
k757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:28 PM   #22
Csquared33
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 198053
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
93 2JZ something

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05EJ25

Isn't that lovely feeling. I have cam seal leaking I have to replace on saturday. My machinist is eating this. I replaced the passenger intake cam seal this past saturday and the Drivers side was fine. Driver's side went last night. He packed them with silicon. In my eyes, that's a no no. I usually set them dry or with shelac. This is what I get when I trust others with my stuff.
Usually when you set them dry you burn them up when you start it. I ALWAYS lube both sides so it sits right, and doesn't burn up when you start it.

Speaking of e85, the station is gonna be on federal rd right next to Wendy's. My s4 is getting converted
Csquared33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #23
05EJ25
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 93133
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Peekskill, New York
Vehicle:
05 CGM STi
Stage TSP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csquared33 View Post
Usually when you set them dry you burn them up when you start it. I ALWAYS lube both sides so it sits right, and doesn't burn up when you start it.

Speaking of e85, the station is gonna be on federal rd right next to Wendy's. My s4 is getting converted
Oh yeah I use a oil but I mean dry by NO silicon sealant on them so they seat properly. The seal I took out took the form of the cam sprocket which is no bueno. Means they are not set far enough in correctly and got crushed by packed in silicon behind them.
05EJ25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #24
Csquared33
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 198053
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
93 2JZ something

Default

Ah yup that'll do it. Simple mistake by not using the proper tool. I always like to use the oem seal drivers to get it right every time.
Csquared33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #25
sexyyrex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 128022
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRB STi
2007 Nissan Altima

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantmyWRX View Post
I have a Blouch 20G. Considering holding on to it for another year or two (barely has 10k miles on it) and then changing over to the Blouch Dom 2.5XT-R
20G + e85 = sexytime. you'll never wanna get rid of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csquared33 View Post
Ah yup that'll do it. Simple mistake by not using the proper tool. I always like to use the oem seal drivers to get it right every time.
whats yer name? do i know you? oh yeah thats right you haz AUDI, not subaru! =p
sexyyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Danbury Chat ANT03IMPREZA Tri-State Area Forum 8865 02-22-2012 09:05 AM
WTB : Borrow/Buy Tactrix 2.0 NY chiefchankton Private 'Wanted' Classifieds 0 02-22-2012 07:12 AM
FS : Danbury, CT: Custom 2.5" WRX catback exhaust, $50 jamesfacts Tri-State Area Private Classifieds 32 10-12-2011 11:30 AM
Danbury Chat V2.0 FkVtech Tri-State Area Forum 1 12-09-2009 09:25 PM
A Chat with 2 Iraqis OriginalSin Political Playground 93 02-02-2005 11:38 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.