Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday July 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2012, 10:59 PM   #11
RxMPLS
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 303353
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza
Sport Ltd

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckedup16
I can confirm that there are NO mounting points on the 2012 sedan. I can also confirm from trying to mess around with it that there is no simple way to put a rack on the vehicle. No rain gutters or any good places where a hook can grab the roof.

I'm going to be pissed if this is the case and may even go so far as to trade the car in. Skiing and cycling is pretty integral part of my life.

Edit:
Just got off the phone with Thule. They stated that in about 2 weeks, they will be releasing the kit for the 2012 Impreza 4 door with the "Naked Roof". Parts needed will be:
480 Foot Pack
LB50 Load Bars
1649 Kit

Keep your fingers crossed that it actually works.
Almost no cars made past the 80s have rain gutters with which to attach a rack.

Yakima already has a kit released for the 2012 4 door. It's Q Towers and 2 sets of Q116 clips, plus a pair of 58" crossbars. This will build you your base rack. Most likely, any Thule ski or cycling racks you already own would attack to the Yakima round bars. Any Yakima ski or cycling racks will obviously work with this setup.

I'm a huge Yakima advocate because I worked there for a while and I really truly believe they do make the best racks. They certainly have the best team of people behind them, plus their customer service is unsurpassed. My experience with Thule (as a customer, before ever coming to work for Yakima) was not very good.
RxMPLS is offline   Reply With Quote