Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday November 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #526
freshrider
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 312955
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACaMillion View Post
Hey guys, the rain finally eased up so i was able to put on my yellow foglight overlays and plastic dip my wheels matte black. i plan on plastic dipping my side view mirrors and my front/rear emblem, and the trunk trim pretty soon too. here are some pictures:













Looks sick. Does the plasti dip ever peel off or cget rock chips? I am thinking of painting my thule racks and snowboard carriers with black plastidip.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
freshrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #527
BrysImpreza
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 3102
Join Date: Nov 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Northern, CT
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
Ice Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshrider

Looks sick. Does the plasti dip ever peel off or cget rock chips? I am thinking of painting my thule racks and snowboard carriers with black plastidip.
If you prep the surface properly, it stays fine, I've used it on lightbars before and it held up to abuse!
BrysImpreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #528
BryanP5555
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 314731
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Florida
Vehicle:
2014 WRX
SWP

Default

Does anyone have a picture of a SWP 5 dr with a rear spoiler. i have looked but i have only found other colors. i want to get the front under spoiler and mesh grill for sure, but I am on the fence about the rear spoiler.

thanks in advance if anyone can help
BryanP5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #529
adam07specb
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 194831
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Coventry, CT
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza STI
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanP5555 View Post
Does anyone have a picture of a SWP 5 dr with a rear spoiler. i have looked but i have only found other colors. i want to get the front under spoiler and mesh grill for sure, but I am on the fence about the rear spoiler.

thanks in advance if anyone can help
I do!!

I just snapped a few pics with the ol cell phone

Also, i took my grill apart and painted the two chrome parts with some plastic Dip, and then i did the fog light rings!!

EDIT: I also added the OEM Vent Visors and I freakin love them





Last edited by adam07specb; 04-01-2012 at 05:43 PM.
adam07specb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #530
BryanP5555
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 314731
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Florida
Vehicle:
2014 WRX
SWP

Default

Oh damn i like it. more $$$ i got to drop now. i am going to get windows tinted tomorrow. Then order tomorrow Rear spoiler and i was thinking mesh grill. my Subie dealer quoted me 292.89 for mesh grill installed and 296.89 for the rear spoiler installed. so 589.61 otd.. sound like a good deal?
BryanP5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #531
adam07specb
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 194831
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Coventry, CT
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza STI
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanP5555 View Post
Oh damn i like it. more $$$ i got to drop now. i am going to get windows tinted tomorrow. Then order tomorrow Rear spoiler and i was thinking mesh grill. my Subie dealer quoted me 292.89 for mesh grill installed and 296.89 for the rear spoiler installed. so 589.61 otd.. sound like a good deal?
I had to drill holes in my hatch to put that spoiler on... it made me nervous to drill holes directly into the paint but i would probably pay to have it done before doing it again.
adam07specb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #532
carlvr87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 311179
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Philadelphia
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Limited
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Adam,

I have a request for you if you don't mind. When I ordered my car the hardest decision for me was the rain guards. I went back and forth and decided against them just because I think they look too big. I love rain guards and have put them on every car I've owned.

Would it be possible to take a close up of the front door visor and maybe a pic from the inside out of the visor? I'd appreciate it very much!
carlvr87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #533
MjSub2.0
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 314973
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: California
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
Satin White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam07specb

I do!!

I just snapped a few pics with the ol cell phone

Also, i took my grill apart and painted the two chrome parts with some plastic Dip, and then i did the fog light rings!!

EDIT: I also added the OEM Vent Visors and I freakin love them
Looks sick!
MjSub2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #534
adam07specb
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 194831
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Coventry, CT
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza STI
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlvr87 View Post
Adam,

I have a request for you if you don't mind. When I ordered my car the hardest decision for me was the rain guards. I went back and forth and decided against them just because I think they look too big. I love rain guards and have put them on every car I've owned.

Would it be possible to take a close up of the front door visor and maybe a pic from the inside out of the visor? I'd appreciate it very much!
Ask and ye shall receive




adam07specb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:26 PM   #535
mckinnon99879
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 314199
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
ISM

Default

A couple more pictures i took at the lake today




mckinnon99879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:46 PM   #536
akismakrakis
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 315404
Join Date: Apr 2012
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
Grey metallic

Default My new wip

I am new to this forum still figuring things out, saw this thread and thought i will upload some pictures of my new 2012 impreza 2.0i limited. during this week i will upload some pictures interior/exterior.


I do have one question though....Where is the engine temperature gauge? If it dosent have one does any of the new models have one?
akismakrakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:10 AM   #537
BryanP5555
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 314731
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Florida
Vehicle:
2014 WRX
SWP

Default

Has anyone installed the front under spoiler and rear splash guards yet? was the install pretty easy? any drilling? any input would be great. thanks!
BryanP5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:10 AM   #538
pxpaulx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 306218
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza CVT
DarK Grey Met. Sport Prem

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akismakrakis View Post
I am new to this forum still figuring things out, saw this thread and thought i will upload some pictures of my new 2012 impreza 2.0i limited. during this week i will upload some pictures interior/exterior.


I do have one question though....Where is the engine temperature gauge? If it dosent have one does any of the new models have one?
There isn't one - there is a cold temp light (the blue one you see in the morning) and a hot temp light, which I'd hope you haven't seen. Nobody has a newer model, it is still 2012 last time I checked!
pxpaulx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #539
tasteofjace
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 315414
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default

Can't decide if I like these or not!
tasteofjace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:27 AM   #540
brockd
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 235571
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i

Default

Hey adam07specb. Did you have to get new tpms or were you able to transfer the stock sensors over?

Last edited by brockd; 04-02-2012 at 12:34 AM.
brockd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #541
adam07specb
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 194831
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Coventry, CT
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza STI
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockd
Hey adam07specb. Did you have to get new tpms or were you able to transfer the stock sensors over?
I could have re used them, but I decided to just get new ones instead of ripping my stock wheels and tires apart.
The dealership programmed them in about 5 minutes
adam07specb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #542
BrysImpreza
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 3102
Join Date: Nov 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Northern, CT
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
Ice Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoutbackdream
Id say buy a vinyl off eBay for cheap, and make sure she likes it that way, since its more reversible. Vinyls are like $6 shipped off eBay too.
I bought the ebay ones and they don't even compare to Lamin-x, i demanded my money back since they bunch like cellophane at the edges even with a heat gun
BrysImpreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #543
TJMA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 304306
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Connecticut
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza-premium
Ice Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanP5555 View Post
Has anyone installed the front under spoiler and rear splash guards yet? was the install pretty easy? any drilling? any input would be great. thanks!
I installed the Subaru front and rear Splashguards on my 2012 Impreza 4 door.
It was easy. No drilling. Just removing stock plastic fasteners and replacing them with new fasteners supplied with the splashguards.
TJMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #544
pxpaulx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 306218
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza CVT
DarK Grey Met. Sport Prem

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrysImpreza View Post
I bought the ebay ones and they don't even compare to Lamin-x, i demanded my money back since they bunch like cellophane at the edges even with a heat gun
I paid the $20 something for the yellow fogs from the linked seller - they worked great, easy directions and they stuck without much hassle and no bunching at all. I just warmed them up by rubbing between my hands too, didn't even bother with a blow dryer and they turned out perfect. Definitely worth the extra $ to get a product designed for the task.
pxpaulx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #545
mrpbodyswm
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 314753
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default Front Picture

I like the plastic dip on the grill, can you possibly post some better pictures of it where it's not as dark? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam07specb View Post
I do!!

I just snapped a few pics with the ol cell phone

Also, i took my grill apart and painted the two chrome parts with some plastic Dip, and then i did the fog light rings!!

EDIT: I also added the OEM Vent Visors and I freakin love them




mrpbodyswm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #546
carlvr87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 311179
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Philadelphia
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Limited
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam07specb View Post
Ask and ye shall receive




Thanks! I appreciate it! Definitely doesn't look as bad as I thought. Think I'm gonna go ahead and get them.
carlvr87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #547
adam07specb
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 194831
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Coventry, CT
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza STI
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlvr87

Thanks! I appreciate it! Definitely doesn't look as bad as I thought. Think I'm gonna go ahead and get them.
Nice post some pics
adam07specb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #548
monkeyracer
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 308583
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Lakehood, CO
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
OBP/DGM 5-Sp

Default

Got mine today!

Here's some cell pics at delivery:





Weather was getting gloomy, looking like snow tonight (great to test the AWD) so when it all clears up, she'll get cleaned and pose for a proper photo shoot.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #549
MjSub2.0
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 314973
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: California
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
Satin White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer
Got mine today!

Here's some cell pics at delivery:

Weather was getting gloomy, looking like snow tonight (great to test the AWD) so when it all clears up, she'll get cleaned and pose for a proper photo shoot.
Congratulations! Just ordered mine today white sport. The waiting is the hard part.
MjSub2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:41 AM   #550
MjSub2.0
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 314973
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: California
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
Satin White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green Subie View Post
Are there any lowering springs or suspension mods available for these yet?
I called H&R today and the springs are already in R&D. they said late spring it should be available. I should have my car by then lol....
MjSub2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
07 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition Speakers *BRAND NEW* Jonny07subie Interior/Dressup/Audio & Security 0 08-10-2007 04:13 PM
FS: LAMCO Boost Gauge (you know the stock one) meridock MAIC Private Classifieds 7 04-30-2007 07:50 PM
What happened to Member #100,000 (You know... the guy from Sri Lanka.) snvin Off-Topic 4 12-23-2005 02:02 PM
Hey Kosai, I saw you! (you know the drill, "not subie!") RandyF North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 16 04-26-2000 01:54 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.