Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday July 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2012, 06:51 AM   #1
Vsoprock
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 316359
Default Future suby owner looking for help/opinions between choices.

Hi. This is my first post here and look forward to being an active member of this community. I am in the market for a subaru and I am stuck between 3 choices.

08 Legacy GT 5speed manual w/ 39k miles at $20k.
- I like the luxurious feel it gives off while being sporty at the same time. To my understanding it has the same motor and tranny as the wrx and I may be wrong but it has the SI Drive which I am assuming its has the LSD of an STI only cause the sti also sports the SI Drive feature?

08 Wrx hatch w/13kmiles at $23k.
- Now the only reason why I am considering this car over the legacy cause I like the color better lol. Also cause of the fact it has a lower mileage. knowing the wrx its pretty much standard everything no si drive.. and not even sure it has lsd.

08 wrx sti hatch w/55k miles at $25k
- Now of course the sti and Im pretty sure to most of you this is a no brainer and I should get this one. But I am skeptical about getting it because of how many miles it already has. To be honest I do want this one the most of all the three.

Now with that said. Other than installing suspensions and lowering the car first ( I just hate stock height lol) I plan to upgrade the air filter, and pretty much put cobb stage 2 kit with it( unless of course anyone can recommend something better and cheaper) I just dont want to do it on a car with 50k and have it take a **** on me. Im not sure which one to go for as far as reliability with the mods taken into consideration and the current condition of the car.

I drive about 80 miles total back and to work 4-5 days a week over the highway. And i make a minimum of about 33k a year. so the price difference between the three is not too much of a deal. Look forward to hearing you guys have to say. Thanks.
Vsoprock is offline   Reply With Quote