Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #3326
Jive Turkey
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 219492
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Soviet Russia
Vehicle:
'13 Hachi-Roku
Discontinued.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor91 View Post
Let me start off by saying Every car is different. But when I was running both Cobb stage 1 and 2 my car ran lean. If you want to make more power that's good, but If you want to keep your motor in one piece it's not good. Yes it is better for performance but if you drive hard on your car then you are leaning out thR motor along with the aggressive timing that they run with their OTS map. TP maps run higher boost but it's safer because the timing isn't so aggressive and they don't run so lean either. This is why everyone should buy a wide band, a tactrix cable and go open source tuning instead of OTS maps to get your car running top notch considering every car is different. But between Cobb Perrin and TP. TP runs better and smoother and safer. I've ran all three maps and unless I'm going open source I'm running tp's maps.

Just to clarify everything. Its not always the tuners fault either. If you beat the **** out of a turboed car it's going to cook the pistons and blow up eventually. Everytime you boost up you're just forcing air into the motor. So obviously doing that constantly will eventually lead to detonation. Unless your motor is built for it of course!

My plans are to just start buying parts and then just slap everything on at once and bring it to my friends shop so he can tune it. I would like to buy a motor and just build it on the side my self and once it's done just swap it in but that will take to long.

ATTENTION all jive turkeys... this is not wrong information just my personal experience with my 2009 wrx i had

i gotchya, just wanted to see what happened because so many people on this forum just say **** like that and never back it up.

as far as the maps, were you hitting your target boost? if you knew your air fuels were off did you switch maps?

and i agree 100% all cars are different, OTS will be different on almost every car, looks like you got the short end of the stick.

what are you planning for a rebuild?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #3327
sleepyGV7
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 314360
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Conshohocken, PA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX HATCH
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjablo6 View Post

what lip kit is that?
sleepyGV7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #3328
jjablo6
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265697
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
2015 STi
Ligtening Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor91
what size are your adapters?^
25 mm
jjablo6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #3329
jjablo6
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265697
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
2015 STi
Ligtening Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyGV7

what lip kit is that?
Ht autos front lip and bottomline sideskirts
jjablo6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #3330
96accord
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 145105
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Middle River, Maryland
Vehicle:
2015 WRB WRX Limited
2007 WRX Limited (sold)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjablo6 View Post
Ht autos front lip and bottomline sideskirts
You should have started charging people that ask! You would have so much $$ now!
96accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #3331
jjablo6
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265697
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
2015 STi
Ligtening Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96accord

You should have started charging people that ask! You would have so much $$ now!
Lol its all good
jjablo6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #3332
Gregor91
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 259434
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2012 wrx sedan
SOLD :/

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
i gotchya, just wanted to see what happened because so many people on this forum just say **** like that and never back it up.

as far as the maps, were you hitting your target boost? if you knew your air fuels were off did you switch maps?

and i agree 100% all cars are different, OTS will be different on almost every car, looks like you got the short end of the stick.

what are you planning for a rebuild?
yea as soon as i realized that the cobb maps were running a little lean with aggressive timing I emailed eric mineheart (creator of TP) and he explained everything to me and sent me a map and the car ran amazing! this was all for my 09 though! now that i have the 12 I'm going to go a different route, just not sure which rout that is lol

As for plans I have no idea. I need to do a lot more research and look into some other builds that other people have done and talk to some local shops! But I'm the kind of person that has to do everything my self so i would love to find a wrecked sti or wrx and get the motor out of it and strip it down and build it to where its bullit proof and swap it into my car... As I've read so far the wrx tranny doesn't hold a lot of power either so Im also going to either build the wrx transmission with upgraded gears.. Or maybe i can just build an sti motor and swap it along with a sti 6 speed!!

As you can see from the paragraph above^ i have NO PLANS lol just ideas right now. i need to sit down and figure out what I really want to do because I wouldn't mind getting a old 2 door rs and swapping it with a nice build and just drive my 12 like it is now... its all a cluster**** right now so i will just have to wait and see what kinda money i start making after school
Gregor91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #3333
BucketRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 266606
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: New York
Vehicle:
2013 WRX LTD 5-Door
World Rally Blue

Default

Shot of my 2011 SWP Wrx my wife's 2009 OBS and my buddy's 2011 OBP


Last edited by BucketRX; 04-19-2012 at 11:51 AM. Reason: pic added
BucketRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:36 PM   #3334
JohnsonJ718
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 312938
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2012 STi Hatch
SWP

Default

^ no picture
JohnsonJ718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #3335
96accord
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 145105
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Middle River, Maryland
Vehicle:
2015 WRB WRX Limited
2007 WRX Limited (sold)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonJ718 View Post
^ no picture
This.
96accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:59 PM   #3336
STI_SLC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 111450
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT.
Vehicle:
06 WRB_STi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostbaron View Post
STI_SLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:10 AM   #3337
mcuzzin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 292732
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Gilbert,AZ
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Alex View Post
I like the slighter darker red, perfect amount IMO. I dislike how the tails are tucked in so much though, upgrade that exhaust mannn lol
Talkin to me? lol. It's the SPT from '08 and personally..I love the sound. So I'm good thanks
mcuzzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:37 AM   #3338
rmj
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 276611
Join Date: Mar 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Eau Claire, WI
Vehicle:
2011 STi 5-Door
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Debadged part of the hatch!
rmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:16 AM   #3339
Louie
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 43393
Join Date: Sep 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Middle River
Vehicle:
2011 STi
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor91 View Post
Let me start off by saying Every car is different. But when I was running both Cobb stage 1 and 2 my car ran lean. If you want to make more power that's good, but If you want to keep your motor in one piece it's not good. Yes it is better for performance but if you drive hard on your car then you are leaning out thR motor along with the aggressive timing that they run with their OTS map. TP maps run higher boost but it's safer because the timing isn't so aggressive and they don't run so lean either. This is why everyone should buy a wide band, a tactrix cable and go open source tuning instead of OTS maps to get your car running top notch considering every car is different. But between Cobb Perrin and TP. TP runs better and smoother and safer. I've ran all three maps and unless I'm going open source I'm running tp's maps.

Just to clarify everything. Its not always the tuners fault either. If you beat the **** out of a turboed car it's going to cook the pistons and blow up eventually. Everytime you boost up you're just forcing air into the motor. So obviously doing that constantly will eventually lead to detonation. Unless your motor is built for it of course!

My plans are to just start buying parts and then just slap everything on at once and bring it to my friends shop so he can tune it. I would like to buy a motor and just build it on the side my self and once it's done just swap it in but that will take to long.

ATTENTION all jive turkeys... this is not wrong information just my personal experience with my 2009 wrx i had
So how did you know that the car was running so lean? What kind of AFR's was your car running with the Cobb AP OTS and the TP maps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
i gotchya, just wanted to see what happened because so many people on this forum just say **** like that and never back it up.

as far as the maps, were you hitting your target boost? if you knew your air fuels were off did you switch maps?

and i agree 100% all cars are different, OTS will be different on almost every car, looks like you got the short end of the stick.

what are you planning for a rebuild?
Well, he really is still making claims... however, this is why they have LWG maps... my car is carrying 16.5 boost on S, and almost 18 on S#. I am sure my car is leaned out a little if I am pushing the car hard running full boost.
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #3340
WantAvant
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 258735
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sioux City, Ia
Vehicle:
11 Wrx hatch ltd
Swp

Default

WantAvant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #3341
Nighthawkra
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 292655
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dunnellon, FL
Vehicle:
2012 WRX limited
WRB pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotabb
^Ringland failure is a know thing from what ive seen.

In for pics. How long is the wait going to be?
Dealer said 4-6 but its a limited with a few options and their last few took 8 weeks.. So I'm guessing 8 or so... I'm in no rush, antisipation is the best part
Nighthawkra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #3342
toyotabb
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 315709
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: South burbs
Vehicle:
2012 wrx sti wagon
pbp

Default

Thats not to bad. I got told 10-15. Same here no rush, rather have it built right than a rush build.

Anyone got more pics of PBP. The thread for that color is lacking much to look at I know its a rear color but theres got to be more than the alleged 250 that SOA claims to be produced.
toyotabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #3343
jfdavis22885
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 145716
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Fairfax, VA
Vehicle:
08 Lexus IS 350
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwally View Post
Where did you hear that Cobb maps aren't safe? Care to elaborate? I ask because I have been considering TP and am running a Cobb OTS Stg 1 now.

ive been running a OTS stage 2 map for 4 1/2 years on my car which i got with 45K (now 108K) on it and ive never had one prob

but yes every car is diff in the way it reacts to the OTS maps.
jfdavis22885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #3344
fzel07wrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 150710
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Rochester
Vehicle:
2012 SWP WRX Hatch
2005 Lotus Elise

Default

Figure I'd finally post up some pictures of my 2012. Modifications since 16 miles.









Obviously before the tail light tint was complete...










fzel07wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #3345
Gregor91
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 259434
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2012 wrx sedan
SOLD :/

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfdavis22885

ive been running a OTS stage 2 map for 4 1/2 years on my car which i got with 45K (now 108K) on it and ive never had one prob

but yes every car is diff in the way it reacts to the OTS maps.
What kind of map are you running and what kind of car?
Gregor91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #3346
Nighthawkra
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 292655
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dunnellon, FL
Vehicle:
2012 WRX limited
WRB pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotabb
Thats not to bad. I got told 10-15. Same here no rush, rather have it built right than a rush build.

Anyone got more pics of PBP. The thread for that color is lacking much to look at I know its a rear color but theres got to be more than the alleged 250 that SOA claims to be produced.
What did u order?
Nighthawkra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #3347
Monkeydoco
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 301506
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New Jersey
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
OBP

Default

Hey people quick newbie question, when should i get my first oil change on my '12, I'm at 1300. First oil change is free by the dealer so I want to take it there. Will they put quality oil or what. I'm paranoid

Monkeydoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #3348
Gregor91
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 259434
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2012 wrx sedan
SOLD :/

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydoco
Hey people quick newbie question, when should i get my first oil change on my '12, I'm at 1300. First oil change is free by the dealer so I want to take it there. Will they put quality oil or what. I'm paranoid

Get it changed now. I changed mine at 1000. Subaru runs synthetic in them from factory and the manual claims that you MUST run synthetic in this car. Just make sure you tell them to put synthetic
Gregor91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #3349
toyotabb
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 315709
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: South burbs
Vehicle:
2012 wrx sti wagon
pbp

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawkra View Post
What did u order?
2012 sti 5door in plasma blue.
toyotabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #3350
Nighthawkra
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 292655
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dunnellon, FL
Vehicle:
2012 WRX limited
WRB pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotabb

2012 sti 5door in plasma blue.
I was going to get a 4 dr sti.. But wanted a sun roof and leather... And I couldn't see spending 40 on the limited sti.. But for a dd the limited wrx was more then enough lol
Nighthawkra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
('11-'14) 2011-2012 wrx/sti picture thread (for real this time) guamanian_powered Impreza Forum 151 04-29-2014 08:35 AM
01-07 wrx and sti drivetrain? xj bmx Newbies & FAQs 13 01-26-2012 03:30 PM
('11-'14) 2011 wrx/sti picture thread (for real this time) guamanian_powered Impreza Forum 1 11-16-2011 11:51 PM
Anyone have the 06-07 Impreza WRX and STI master part number and picture list STEALTH-WRX Interior & Exterior Modification 0 08-22-2008 02:12 PM
The Official World One STI and SEMA picture thread.. WorldOne Member's Car Gallery 25 11-29-2003 05:21 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.