Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday December 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Built Motor Discussion

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
GreenMarine
Scooby Guru

Member#: 36080
Chapter/Region: South East
Default Turbo selection advice for built motor (Block: EJ22t / Heads: EJ207 STi Ver.7)

Those of you that are "turbo savvy", offer your opinions. But please provide references when possible. I try to take "facts" on forums with a grain of salt unless they have references to back up certian claims, etc.

Anyway, I am currently having an engine built for my STi by TurboTime in Cary, NC...

The engine will be as follows:
- EJ22t block
* Manley H-beam rods
* Manley pistons (9.8 static C/R)
* Cosworth high volume oil pump
* Moroso Aluminum Oil Pan

- EJ207 heads - (Stock 06 STi intake manifold & fuel rails)
* Crower Stg. 2 cams
* Manley Beehive Springs & Ti retainers

Planning on a nice smooth power delivery all the way to redline (not looking for a big "hit" of torque but rather very linear "ever increasing" powerband). Probably will never see more than 400whp (realistically probably closer to about 380whp). Looking to have atleast a few maps tuned into the ECU. One "mild boost" street map for 93. A more agressive map on 93. And a track map tuned for either a 50/50 mix of 93 and E85 or 100% E85 (haven't decided which way to go with this yet - still learning about the workings of E85 and possibly mixing fuel)...

The car is going to be used as a weekend play toy and HPDE track days. Ultimately I want to compete in One Lap of America with it...

Planning on staying stock location turbo, TMIC, side-feed, etc...

So the main question is, what turbo would be the best stock location turbo to meet my power delivery desires?

Turbotime has recommended I look into the GTX2867r, the GTX3071r and the GT3076r... Honestly I am learning and ultimately I will probably go with what Turbotime says. But I am wondering what the rest of the Engine Build forum here thinks and why...

Give me something to read guys I love learning!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Alittle something I found...

Turbo Selection Calculator

Last edited by GreenMarine; 05-16-2012 at 05:42 PM.
GreenMarine is offline   Reply With Quote