Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday December 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Texas Impreza Club
Texas Impreza Club Forum sponsored by Gillman Subaru Houston
and Gillman Subaru San Antonio
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #1751
ted1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 315933
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: CC
Default

I just started as part manager about two weeks ago. Im loving the job and the dealership. The owners are young and energetic and are allowing me to really grow this department. I want to thank every one for being so nice and friendly. And am always willing to learn and and help out. I appreciate all the advice and information I have been given. Like I was telling J.McDonald Knives any time you want to stop by and talk you are always more than welcome. Fellow members are always welcome and I enjoy the knowldege everyone shares with me.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:06 AM   #1752
showoval
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 4415
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Corpus Christi TX, U.S.
Vehicle:
2001 2dr RS STM
92/94 Confused SVX LSL

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRad25rs View Post
While you're at it, see if he can get you a fender and a front bumper, too. I think you need that more than an SPT battery tie down.
That tie down is probably the shiniest part on the car, how long has it been since you lost that fender??? And it looks like someone hit the enter key one to many times.
showoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #1753
J.McDonald Knives
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 184412
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Vehicle:
1989 Jeep Wrangler
Cherry Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by showoval View Post
That tie down is probably the shiniest part on the car, how long has it been since you lost that fender??? And it looks like someone hit the enter key one to many times.
J.McDonald Knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #1754
SOTXAWSTI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 294123
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Kingsville/Corpus Christi, TX
Vehicle:
2012 STI
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted1 View Post
I just started as part manager about two weeks ago. Im loving the job and the dealership. The owners are young and energetic and are allowing me to really grow this department. I want to thank every one for being so nice and friendly. And am always willing to learn and and help out. I appreciate all the advice and information I have been given. Like I was telling J.McDonald Knives any time you want to stop by and talk you are always more than welcome. Fellow members are always welcome and I enjoy the knowldege everyone shares with me.
Ted, it was good meeting you on Saturday... I got the boost gauge installed today. Looks great, I will see you on Friday or Saturday to pick up the parts you have on order for me.

Also want to encourage everyone else to go by and visit Ted with CC Subaru, they have some really good prices on all your Subaru parts and accessories.
SOTXAWSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #1755
J.McDonald Knives
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 184412
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Vehicle:
1989 Jeep Wrangler
Cherry Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTXAWSTI View Post
Ted, it was good meeting you on Saturday... I got the boost gauge installed today. Looks great, I will see you on Friday or Saturday to pick up the parts you have on order for me.

Also want to encourage everyone else to go by and visit Ted with CC Subaru, they have some really good prices on all your Subaru parts and accessories.
He told me on facebook that there was a guy with a 2012 STi who went to buy a boost gauge and some SPT parts and that yall chatted for a while. Well now I know it was you, lol. Ted is great to work with and a great guy all around.
J.McDonald Knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #1756
Excision
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 294622
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Texas
Vehicle:
2007 STI - WRB
Perrin GTX3076r, Slow

Default

is there any meets in Corpus anymore? if so when and where.

thanks
Excision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #1757
J.McDonald Knives
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 184412
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Vehicle:
1989 Jeep Wrangler
Cherry Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excision View Post
is there any meets in Corpus anymore? if so when and where.

thanks
We still have meets but no set times and dates right now.
J.McDonald Knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #1758
SOTXAWSTI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 294123
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Kingsville/Corpus Christi, TX
Vehicle:
2012 STI
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.McDonald Knives
He told me on facebook that there was a guy with a 2012 STi who went to buy a boost gauge and some SPT parts and that yall chatted for a while. Well now I know it was you, lol. Ted is great to work with and a great guy all around.
Yup, small world... Ha!
SOTXAWSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #1759
vicSTI06
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317749
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: south texas
Vehicle:
06

Default

What's going on guys.. my name is Victor I just recently got an sti. Kinda new to these forums
vicSTI06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #1760
showoval
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 4415
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Corpus Christi TX, U.S.
Vehicle:
2001 2dr RS STM
92/94 Confused SVX LSL

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicSTI06 View Post
What's going on guys.. my name is Victor I just recently got an sti. Kinda new to these forums
Welcome to the TXIC, where did you pick up your STi from?
showoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:45 PM   #1761
vicSTI06
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317749
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: south texas
Vehicle:
06

Default

I got it from here in corpus At the dealer ship
vicSTI06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #1762
beaviscih
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 123362
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Dorothy's House
Vehicle:
'93 Crapcan, '98L
Sold, '04 STi - Sold

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicSTI06 View Post
What's going on guys.. my name is Victor I just recently got an sti. Kinda new to these forums
Welcome.

Joey... We were talking about the SVX the other day and how cool it would be to drop that in the GF8 so I picked up an EG33 to swap into the the '93 Impreza. We'll do the swap following the Chump Car race next month in College Station. Its time to move on from the 2.2L to a little more displacement. . It should be a fun swap.
beaviscih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #1763
showoval
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 4415
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Corpus Christi TX, U.S.
Vehicle:
2001 2dr RS STM
92/94 Confused SVX LSL

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaviscih View Post
Welcome.

Joey... We were talking about the SVX the other day and how cool it would be to drop that in the GF8 so I picked up an EG33 to swap into the the '93 Impreza. We'll do the swap following the Chump Car race next month in College Station. Its time to move on from the 2.2L to a little more displacement. . It should be a fun swap.
That's awesome that you going to tackle an eg33 swap, that should be pretty cool when done. Did you pick up the motor locally or did you order it?
showoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:24 PM   #1764
showoval
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 4415
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Corpus Christi TX, U.S.
Vehicle:
2001 2dr RS STM
92/94 Confused SVX LSL

Default

Spotted a Silver STi with aftermarket wheels and exhaust at Champion Honda Thursday. You were test driving a Pilot, I was in a sliver SVX. Anyone from here?
showoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:47 PM   #1765
beaviscih
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 123362
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Dorothy's House
Vehicle:
'93 Crapcan, '98L
Sold, '04 STi - Sold

Impreza WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by showoval View Post
That's awesome that you going to tackle an eg33 swap, that should be pretty cool when done. Did you pick up the motor locally or did you order it?
Found it on CL Houston for $350. It came complete with the whole car harness and ECU. We'll probably do the swap this summer. It's pretty straight forward, just need to source a Saab 900 radiator and fab the exhaust.
beaviscih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #1766
showoval
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 4415
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Corpus Christi TX, U.S.
Vehicle:
2001 2dr RS STM
92/94 Confused SVX LSL

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaviscih View Post
Found it on CL Houston for $350. It came complete with the whole car harness and ECU. We'll probably do the swap this summer. It's pretty straight forward, just need to source a Saab 900 radiator and fab the exhaust.
Wow, that was a good deal, can't wait to see it. On another note, I saw a clean red 97-99 Legy GT wagon with Morretts and what looked like a JDM front bumper getting off on the Everhart exit, I think it was from out of state, couldn't see any inspection or tags.
showoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:59 AM   #1767
showoval
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 4415
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Corpus Christi TX, U.S.
Vehicle:
2001 2dr RS STM
92/94 Confused SVX LSL

Default

Hello out there..... Where the heck is everyone???
showoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #1768
J.McDonald Knives
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 184412
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Vehicle:
1989 Jeep Wrangler
Cherry Red

Default

Working at Pep Boys and just relaxing on my days off.
J.McDonald Knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #1769
MyRad25rs
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 86191
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: In a van, down by the river...
Vehicle:
2000 brp GC
...and still adding to it

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.McDonald Knives View Post
Working at Pep Boys and just relaxing on my days off.
What happened to Sears?
MyRad25rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:54 PM   #1770
himskatedomicile
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 172556
Join Date: Feb 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: C.C., TX
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza 2.5RS
CGM

Default

When's the next meet guys?! Ive done quite a few things to the ride I'd love to show everyone!
himskatedomicile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:29 AM   #1771
J.McDonald Knives
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 184412
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Vehicle:
1989 Jeep Wrangler
Cherry Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRad25rs View Post
What happened to Sears?
Had to go where the money is and also better opportunities. And whats better than to make more money and have better opportunities with the bonus of 20% off pretty much everything in the store and not to mention its a big ole parts house full of goodies, lol.
J.McDonald Knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:21 AM   #1772
showoval
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 4415
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Corpus Christi TX, U.S.
Vehicle:
2001 2dr RS STM
92/94 Confused SVX LSL

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by himskatedomicile View Post
When's the next meet guys?! Ive done quite a few things to the ride I'd love to show everyone!
That's a good question, when is the next meet? I think we should have one soon like this weekend,
showoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #1773
netsfan549
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 296456
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: new jersey
Vehicle:
09 Legacy
blue

Default

When is next car meet? I will be heading to Corpus Christy this weekend. I am from New Jersey. Maybe I can take a taxi to car meet lol
netsfan549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #1774
rockhound76
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 147103
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Conroe, Texas
Vehicle:
2007 STI
Blue Pearl

Default

Posted on the "sighted" thread, but I thought I'd put it here too...
saw a black (06?) STI with FMIC and a nice sound on SPID yesterday morning and AGAIN in downtown Houston a few hours later.

We spoke a few minutes in traffic. I'm surprised you didn't pass me while I was stopped (again) in Refugio. LOL.

I make the Houston/CC run every few weeks. I don't mind it at all.
Wow. Small world. I'm an old gray-hair in a blue 07 STI (Perrin Stage II, Opensource tuned by Engine Logics). I live down on the island and that car is my current DD. As soon as I get my truck down here from Houston, the STI is going to a whole new level.Maybe not FMIC, since I want throttle response for the track, but maybe meth injection(?). Not sure yet....

I'm up for the next meet if guys/gals tan tolerate an old f*rt.
rockhound76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #1775
himskatedomicile
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 172556
Join Date: Feb 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: C.C., TX
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza 2.5RS
CGM

Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhound76 View Post

I'm up for the next meet if guys/gals tan tolerate an old f*rt.
Lol, everyone is welcome really. We all have Subaru's and share a common interest! Anywho, Im down for a meet this Saturday or something!
himskatedomicile is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ATTN. Corpus Christi Crew J.McDonald Knives Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 13 09-15-2008 01:15 PM
Any from Corpus Christi jdkwrx Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 9 03-26-2005 09:50 PM
High Mileage Crew Sound off! milkcartonkid Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 50 07-29-2004 12:54 AM
Hi every body , I am new here , anybody from corpus christi? wrxfred Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 20 06-11-2003 09:13 PM
WRX in Corpus Christi at KeKo's GoodFinder Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 0 12-05-2002 11:47 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.