Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 10, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > BRZ Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
Tainen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 82251
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Renton, WA
Vehicle:
2001 e46 330i sport
13 SWP BRZ

Default I have my VIN and delivery date.

Woohoo! I am first in line at Walker's Subaru in Renton WA. My vin is in the low 200s, which is exciting(the first hundred or so were the demo cars), and my delivery date is the 18th. I've heard a few other people also have the same delivery date around here too. very exciting for western washington BRZ owners!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Tainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
fukamoto
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 13339
Join Date: Dec 2001
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Albany, NY
Vehicle:
2014 SWP WRX Wagon
White

Default

Congrats! I just put my deposit down at Mike Scarff @ Auburn yesterday. How long did it take from the deposit to getting a VIN?
fukamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
Chauntalei
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317066
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Belmont, CA
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Limited
Sterling Silver Metallic

Default

Congrats! I'm still waiting for my VIN/delivery date, but hopefully I'll hear something soon from my dealer! If not, he's gonna have an inbox full of 'Is it here yet!?' to wade through. :P
Chauntalei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
Tainen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 82251
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Renton, WA
Vehicle:
2001 e46 330i sport
13 SWP BRZ

Default

From watching and participating in the threads over at ft86club, it looks like all the washington people are getting their VINs and order dates before everyone else. Probably proximity to the vancouver port.

I have had my pre-order in since the very first day the order tool opened up, march 1st. Sounds like everyone in the first shipment will have their VIN in the next week or so. Depends on how many cars your dealer gets, and what number you are in line- if you're first or in that first shipment, it should be soon.
Tainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
Chauntalei
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317066
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Belmont, CA
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Limited
Sterling Silver Metallic

Default

Well, here's hoping I have mine sooner than later. My dealership is getting 35 cars, and I think I was like number 26 or 27, pre-order put in on April 1st. =/
Chauntalei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:06 AM   #6
OrbitalEllipses
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 178811
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: MoCo
Vehicle:
2013 WRB BRZ
:banana:

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainen View Post
I have had my pre-order in since the very first day the order tool opened up, march 1st. Sounds like everyone in the first shipment will have their VIN in the next week or so. Depends on how many cars your dealer gets, and what number you are in line- if you're first or in that first shipment, it should be soon.
Being last in line at a small dealership means late delivery within the first allotment period (May-November). For some reason my dealership won't release their exact allotment, but I was the 4th to pre-order on the 1st of March. In any case, the salesman said there was a second allotment starting in December...

Anyway, lucky you!

(I like our smilies here better)
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #7
Cocoa Beach Bum
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 17355
Join Date: Apr 2002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chauntalei View Post
Well, here's hoping I have mine sooner than later. My dealership is getting 35 cars, and I think I was like number 26 or 27, pre-order put in on April 1st. =/
I wouldn't hold my breath. Subaru has said they're only importing 6000 BRZs this year, which averages to 750 per month. There are about 600 Subaru dealers here. I doubt that even Heuberger Subaru in Colorado Springs, the country's largest Subaru dealer, has been promised 35 BRZs.

Who is your dealer? Is it in SoCal?

Last edited by Cocoa Beach Bum; 05-03-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Cocoa Beach Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #8
Cocoa Beach Bum
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 17355
Join Date: Apr 2002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainen View Post
From watching and participating in the threads over at ft86club, it looks like all the washington people are getting their VINs and order dates before everyone else. Probably proximity to the vancouver port.
It is my impression that BRZs landed at all the ports below within a few days of each other near the end of April:
Vancouver, Washington - SOA
Richmond, California - SOA
Baltimore, Maryland - SOA
Davisville, Rhode Island - SNE
Boston, Massachusetts - SDC

So we should be seeing reports from both the East and West coasts very soon.
Cocoa Beach Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #9
fukamoto
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 13339
Join Date: Dec 2001
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Albany, NY
Vehicle:
2014 SWP WRX Wagon
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoa Beach Bum
I wouldn't hold my breath. Subaru has said they're only importing 6000 BRZs this year, which averages to 750 per month. There are about 600 Subaru dealers here. I doubt that even Heuberger Subaru in Colorado Springs, the country's largest Subaru dealer, has been promised 35 BRZs.

Who is your dealer? Is it in SoCal?
From Washington state, it is 11 BRZ's per dealership whether through preorder or dealer inventory. This appears to make sense given 600 dealers...
fukamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #10
Chauntalei
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317066
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Belmont, CA
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Limited
Sterling Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoa Beach Bum View Post
I wouldn't hold my breath. Subaru has said they're only importing 6000 BRZs this year, which averages to 750 per month. There are about 600 Subaru dealers here. I doubt that even Heuberger Subaru in Colorado Springs, the country's largest Subaru dealer, has been promised 35 BRZs.

Who is your dealer? Is it in SoCal?
They're in the SF Bay Area, Stevens Creek Subaru.
Chauntalei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #11
Tainen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 82251
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Renton, WA
Vehicle:
2001 e46 330i sport
13 SWP BRZ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoa Beach Bum View Post
I wouldn't hold my breath. Subaru has said they're only importing 6000 BRZs this year, which averages to 750 per month. There are about 600 Subaru dealers here. I doubt that even Heuberger Subaru in Colorado Springs, the country's largest Subaru dealer, has been promised 35 BRZs.

Who is your dealer? Is it in SoCal?




Quote:
Originally Posted by fukamoto View Post
From Washington state, it is 11 BRZ's per dealership whether through preorder or dealer inventory. This appears to make sense given 600 dealers...
that's not accurate...


Carters is getting 20, Chaplins is getting 18, Walkers is getting 16- each dealership is getting a pre-set amount of BRZs that is dependent on how many WRXs and STIs they generally sell. Some dealerships are getting 2 or 3, some are getting 20+.

And those cars will be spread out over the 7 month timeline. (please do research before posting information)
Tainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #12
Tainen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 82251
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Renton, WA
Vehicle:
2001 e46 330i sport
13 SWP BRZ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
Being last in line at a small dealership means late delivery within the first allotment period (May-November). For some reason my dealership won't release their exact allotment, but I was the 4th to pre-order on the 1st of March. In any case, the salesman said there was a second allotment starting in December...

Anyway, lucky you!

(I like our smilies here better)


Thanks Orb! Good luck with your pre-order. As you already know, there are rumors of all the pre-orders getting filled faster than previously expected... hopefully that's true!
Tainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #13
fukamoto
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 13339
Join Date: Dec 2001
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Albany, NY
Vehicle:
2014 SWP WRX Wagon
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainen

that's not accurate...

Carters is getting 20, Chaplins is getting 18, Walkers is getting 16- each dealership is getting a pre-set amount of BRZs that is dependent on how many WRXs and STIs they generally sell. Some dealerships are getting 2 or 3, some are getting 20+.

And those cars will be spread out over the 7 month timeline. (please do research before posting information)
I did my research but I guess my sources were incorrect
fukamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello OT...and I have no pics and a dating question... Jsunn Off-Topic 50 03-09-2011 10:28 AM
Finally have my plan and goal with my car wolf8314 Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 15 03-07-2003 03:08 PM
got my VIN and delivery week Ken-gv Bay Area Impreza Club Forum -- BAIC 9 06-02-2001 12:33 AM
VINs and Delivery in New England Ginseng New England Impreza Club Forum -- NESIC 15 03-03-2001 11:53 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.