Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday November 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 04:30 AM   #5326
corvid
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 300097
Join Date: Nov 2011
Default

A janitor asked me about my car, and it came up that I wanted to debadge since I dislike chrome/flashy **** (thus I dont like my tails)

so he says I "should make them light up"

he also tried to talk me into going to some dumbass seminar on some pyramid scheme that was going to make him rich enough to not have to be a janitor for a gym any more, yet here we are months later and guess what his job is...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
corvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #5327
Timithy82
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 293462
Join Date: Sep 2011
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Premium 4DR
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx surfwagon
not funny just weird. Just heard this when walking into the grocery store from a kid a few years younger than me that went to my high school.
him- "Yo! You haul ass in that thing?"
me- "what?"
him- "you drove that beast in here right? you must haul ass in that!"

I really didnt know what to say. It was such a weird question, i would have preferred a traditional 'Yo that whip SICK sonnn"
Same.. Workmates tell me Im speeding and ask if I have gotten any tickets yet. Im going the speed limit the same direction everyday to work
Timithy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #5328
eNx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268580
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvid View Post
A janitor asked me about my car, and it came up that I wanted to debadge since I dislike chrome/flashy **** (thus I dont like my tails)

so he says I "should make them light up"

he also tried to talk me into going to some dumbass seminar on some pyramid scheme that was going to make him rich enough to not have to be a janitor for a gym any more, yet here we are months later and guess what his job is...
You can check any honest business and you would find out that it doesn't take months to be rich. Heck, it takes years just to get your money back (i.e. restaurant business). What's a pyramid anyways?
eNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:17 PM   #5329
corvid
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 300097
Join Date: Nov 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessDelMundo View Post
You can check any honest business and you would find out that it doesn't take months to be rich. Heck, it takes years just to get your money back (i.e. restaurant business). What's a pyramid anyways?
No more get rich quick schemes Marge. This time I am going to get rich, and quick!

Yeah I know, red flag #1 was "you have to go to find out" #2 was the whole scheme.

Not sure if serious on the pyramid thing, as sarcasm doesnt work well online, but its along the lines of I sell you some ****, you sell a couple others some ****, they sell others some ****, while I take a cut of all of it.
corvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #5330
Skittle.
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318189
Join Date: Apr 2012
Vehicle:
2006 2.5
Blue!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_lanks View Post
Not about my Subaru, but funny nonetheless.

On a freeskiing forum that I'm superduper active on (NS) in a "Post a picture of your whips" thread, someone posted an engine bay shot of his friend's 07 STi with an FMIC (intercooler was out of view)...

Kid comments "That's total bull****. That's not an STi, it doesn't have a top mounted intercooler. That's not even a WRX."

Glorious.
hahaha i replied to that kid's post on NS! good to see you on here lanks
Skittle. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:00 AM   #5331
eNx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268580
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvid View Post
Not sure if serious on the pyramid thing, as sarcasm doesnt work well online, but its along the lines of I sell you some ****, you sell a couple others some ****, they sell others some ****, while I take a cut of all of it.
FHI --> Subaru of Japan --> SOA --> Stealership --> Manager --> sales guy --> YOU (something like that?)

FHI still gets paid!
eNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:38 AM   #5332
wrx surfwagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262719
Join Date: Nov 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Connecticut
Vehicle:
02 WRX
PSM with rust accents

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessDelMundo

FHI --> Subaru of Japan --> SOA --> Stealership --> Manager --> sales guy --> YOU (something like that?)

FHI still gets paid!
Doesn't really apply.. If the sales guy tried to get you to sell fhi to your friends, and then get them to sell fhi to their friends, yeah. What you described is a business
wrx surfwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #5333
oceanwater48
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 315882
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Location: exit 483
Vehicle:
V8 U make
Baby Poop

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neysa View Post
Found this on fml, its appropriate here though, also not about subies

"I was trolling in a chat room when someone said, quote: "He's just a no-life, unemployed loser still living in his mom's basement. Probably spends all day stroking his tiny dong and fantasizing about having a real girlfriend." I actually started crying because it was so accurate."
LMAO thats funny because my gf read that to me not too long ago.

Man, the internet is a small digi world.
oceanwater48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #5334
betterthansx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 259103
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Central Ontario
Vehicle:
11' STI
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx surfwagon View Post
Doesn't really apply.. If the sales guy tried to get you to sell fhi to your friends, and then get them to sell fhi to their friends, yeah. What you described is a business
All businesses have a pyramid. Boss at top, and us lowly scum at the bottom
betterthansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #5335
Scooby STIle
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 277027
Join Date: Mar 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Southern California
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX STI
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthansx

All businesses have a pyramid. Boss at top, and us lowly scum at the bottom
I think he's referring to those scams where you pay xx amount of dollars to join, and your goal is to simply have other people join and they'll be under you're "branch" so to say, and those peoples goal is to get even more to join, etc etc...
Scooby STIle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #5336
nti_hazard88
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 212379
Join Date: May 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Lansing, MI
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Limited 4dr
Spark Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthansx View Post
All businesses have a pyramid. Boss at top, and us lowly scum at the bottom
I think what he means is a "pyramid scheme" - specifically referring to a business model that is like MLM (multi-level management).


Does not necessarily apply to all businesses.
nti_hazard88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #5337
eNx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268580
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Default

go it

A pyramid scheme is a non-sustainable business model that involves promising participants payment or services, primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme, rather than supplying any real investment or sale of products or services to the public.

So a mandatory(almost) Pyramid Scheme is Social Security. LOL


Back to topic:

I showed my cousin a list of mods on a car before I bought, which is a pretty good list (i.e. 6speed STi tranny, Exedy Carbon Clutch and so on.. )


He pointed to the Greddy BOV and said, "This is the best mod of out of this list" ?
eNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #5338
easterbran
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 307359
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Tyrone,GA
Vehicle:
'05 STi Stage II
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessDelMundo
go it

A pyramid scheme is a non-sustainable business model that involves promising participants payment or services, primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme, rather than supplying any real investment or sale of products or services to the public.

So a mandatory(almost) Pyramid Scheme is Social Security. LOL

Back to topic:

I showed my cousin a list of mods on a car before I bought, which is a pretty good list (i.e. 6speed STi tranny, Exedy Carbon Clutch and so on.. )

He pointed to the Greddy BOV and said, "This is the best mod of out of this list" ?
Haha what does he drive?
easterbran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #5339
easterbran
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 307359
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Tyrone,GA
Vehicle:
'05 STi Stage II
OBP

Default

Not really funny, but made my day. I was at a light and a school bus was next to me and the kids were all shouting and waving so I waved back. Then they all turned to each other and we're like "HE WAVED!" made both of our days I think haha
easterbran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #5340
Digital Dillon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288727
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Sturbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX premium
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterbran
Not really funny, but made my day. I was at a light and a school bus was next to me and the kids were all shouting and waving so I waved back. Then they all turned to each other and we're like "HE WAVED!" made both of our days I think haha
Haha yesterday 2 girls were staring at my car as I drove past them in a parking lot and I waived then, their boyfriends (riding bicycles) yelled out "ffuuu you and your Subaru!"
Digital Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #5341
easterbran
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 307359
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Tyrone,GA
Vehicle:
'05 STi Stage II
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Dillon

Haha yesterday 2 girls were staring at my car as I drove past them in a parking lot and I waived then, their boyfriends (riding bicycles) yelled out "ffuuu you and your Subaru!"
Haha at least they knew what it was. I can see them chasing after you ringing their bells XD
easterbran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #5342
Abgrooms
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 298640
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Rhode Island
Vehicle:
'14 WW Evo X GSR
Nitrous Rhodes

Default

Alright, I have a few.

The first week I drove my car a to work got the usual comments from everyone...

"Nice rice box, boy racer..."

"Why did you put that huge wing, and hood scoop on?"

So hears the good story, I just pulled into work, getting back from lunch. I step out and open the back door and an attempt to fetch my phone from under the seat. (It fell while I was driving.) This less then highschool educated boob walks over...

FBK: Flat brim kid
AC: Another coworker
ME: Me

FBK: " Oh sh**, you even gots' the interior all done up"

Me: "No, no..just like the exterior, the interior its all stock, I've explained this a few times now.

FBK: "Nah, mang, no cars come stock with blue racin' seats, I sees' you even got the matching rears"

Me: "No really, thats factory... it comes like this.

At this point another coworker chimes in. He know subarus pretty well.

AC: "This is and STI bud, they come standard with all this race gear, you can check it out online if you don't believe him."

FBK: "I still don't think its orginal, what car company would sell a car that comes stock with a Smurf Blue interior?"

ME: (, I completely lost hope) "Thats a good point..."


So after a few days of ignorent comments and stereo types, I had pretty much lost all hope that anyone would ever know or understand what I'm driving. (I can't imagine how the general public views an STI when they see it driving around them on the road)...But eventually my boss says something to me about my new ride.
I nearly fell over after what he said...simply amazed.

"Hey, I saw your STI out there, love that boxer rumble. I recently test drove the newer body style STI a few weeks ago, the 5 door hatch in white pearl, I almost bought it but my wife didn't like the way it looked."

Mind you this guy is about 62 years old, and drives a Prius. His "nick name" is Jeff Goldbloom (sp?)

Epic.

Last edited by Abgrooms; 05-07-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Abgrooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #5343
easterbran
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 307359
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Tyrone,GA
Vehicle:
'05 STi Stage II
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abgrooms
Alright, I have a few.

The first week I drove my car a to work got the usual comments from everyone...

"Nice rice box, boy racer..."

"Why did you put that huge wing, and hood scoop on?"

So hears the good story, I just pulled into work, getting back from lunch. I step out and open the back door and an attempt to fetch my phone from under the seat. (It fell while I was driving.) This less then highschool educated boob walks over...

FBK: Flat brim kid
AC: Another coworker
ME: Me

FBK: " Oh sh**, you even gots' the interior all done up"

Me: "No, no..just like the exterior, the interior its all stock, I've explained this a few times now.

FBK: "Nah, mang, no cars come stock with blue racin' seats, I sees' you even got the matching rears"

Me: "No really, thats factory... it comes like this.

At this point another coworker chimes in. He know subarus pretty well.

AC: "This is and STI bud, they come standard with all this race gear, you can check it out online if you don't believe him."

FBK: "I still don't think its orginal, what car company would sell a car that comes stock with a Smurf Blue interior?"

ME: (, I completely lost hope) "Thats a good point..."

So after a few days of ignorent comments and stereo types, I had pretty much lost all hope that anyone would ever know or understand what I'm driving. (I can't imagine how the general public views an STI when they see it driving around them on the road)...But eventually my boss says something to me about my new ride.
I nearly fell over after what he said...simply amazed.

"Hey, I saw your STI out there, love that boxer rumble. I recently test drove the newer body style STI a few weeks ago, the 5 door hatch in white pearl, I almost bought it but my wife didn't like the way it looked."

Mind you this guy is about 62 years old, and drives a Prius. His "nick name" is Jeff Goldbloom (sp?)

Epic.
haha awesome boss! I bet that was refreshing after the flat brim kid... and to him: the company that sells cars with smurf blue interiors is the same that puts pink emblems on an overly masculine car haha
easterbran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #5344
Digital Dillon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288727
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Sturbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX premium
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Have your boss get a LGT while he still can!!!
Digital Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #5345
breadhustler
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 319393
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: ocean county
Vehicle:
2011 sti sedan
wr blue

Default

i told my wife i was buying a subaru sti she said is that the car with that stupid wing on the back.i said yes. she said what are you 16 yrs old . i left the house traded my 2010 gti and came home with the the car with the stupid wing on the back.true story!
breadhustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #5346
RoadKillDMD
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 284792
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Vanilla Valley, CO
Vehicle:
2011 STI
Blurple

Default

^ Pics, or it didn't happen.
RoadKillDMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #5347
dnbdude82
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 169978
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Austin, TX
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
OBP

Default

^^Nicely done.
dnbdude82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #5348
A Fatal Ode
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 243616
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: edmond, ok
Vehicle:
2010 WRX 336/384
2006 STI 539/421

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Dillon View Post
Haha yesterday 2 girls were staring at my car as I drove past them in a parking lot and I waived then, their boyfriends (riding bicycles) yelled out "ffuuu you and your Subaru!"
did they have a horse outside?
A Fatal Ode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #5349
easterbran
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 307359
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Tyrone,GA
Vehicle:
'05 STi Stage II
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadhustler
i told my wife i was buying a subaru sti she said is that the car with that stupid wing on the back.i said yes. she said what are you 16 yrs old . i left the house traded my 2010 gti and came home with the the car with the stupid wing on the back.true story!
Take THAT wife!
easterbran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #5350
MattyTee
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 315355
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2014 WRX Ltd 5 Door
CBS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadhustler View Post
i told my wife i was buying a subaru sti she said is that the car with that stupid wing on the back.i said yes. she said what are you 16 yrs old . i left the house traded my 2010 gti and came home with the the car with the stupid wing on the back.true story!
Well played, Sir.
MattyTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Funniest or most unexpected thing you've heard/seen your parents do fokai Off-Topic 41 07-15-2012 02:59 PM
Whats the funniest slang term(s) you've heard? imprezaf Off-Topic 190 01-11-2012 12:50 AM
Funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your Subie DarkDvr General Community 15341 03-23-2011 11:54 AM
Funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your audio/video system? mechanizeddeath Car Audio, Video & Security 11 04-07-2009 10:06 AM
Funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your Subie II DarkDvr General Community 0 04-19-2007 05:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.