Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday December 18, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 08:04 AM   #26
Unabomber
Big Ron
Moderator
 
Member#: 18062
Join Date: Apr 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: I can save you a ton of cash
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

Default

Thanks for bringing your knowledge to bear on Kamak, I appreciate it. But its been a day and a half and still no response to my facebook message. NOT a sign that customer care is a priority.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #27
jjasonn
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 208653
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Japan
Vehicle:
2004 V-Limited
Spec C

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unabomber View Post
Thanks for bringing your knowledge to bear on Kamak, I appreciate it. But its been a day and a half and still no response to my facebook message. NOT a sign that customer care is a priority.
Give them a call. They are more to emails and phones instead of facebook.

Taiwan
TEL: +886-49-2315117
E-mail: service@kamakdynamics.com

USA
TEL: +1-626-667-7431
E-mail: business@kamakdynamics.com

and yes. they have an office in USA.
jjasonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #28
onesicksoob
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 215841
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Altoona
Vehicle:
Dont PM me about
wheel specs

Default

I ordered a wastegate actuator from them a few weeks ago, got it in a few days. I accidentally ordered the wrong one, emailed them, and got a response within 10 minutes saying they would take care of it...and they did. I haven't got to use it yet since I'm waiting on a few more parts before the motor goes back in, but quality seems good.
onesicksoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:38 AM   #29
Vlad
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 46135
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY
Vehicle:
02 WRX
Sti V9 Spec C

Default

Subscribed.
I already have a bunch of Kamak /Kinugawa parts on my turbo and can say that they work well.
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #30
UK-Wagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 232430
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: On the Left side
Vehicle:
555 XTi
1 AW & 1 CGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjasonn View Post
Kamak line of turbos which includes kinugawa have been well proven by people who have actually used them.
Yep, pretty much sums it up!!! Told you guys Japan and UK LOVE these turbos back in post 22! Super affordable and dependable stuff.

Finally, I like where this thread is going Dance party bisshes!
UK-Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #31
stimanmark
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 235859
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northwest GA
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STI
World Rally Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjasonn View Post
First of all. You deserve it. U don't buy something just because they are cheap unless they have a long good track record. Kamak line of turbos which includes kinugawa have been well proven by people who have actually used them. Also I hate how u people bash something just because they are cheap and the worst of all, you people have never used them before. U know what? You people who condemns these turbos without using them are a failure in life.

Calling the grapes sour when you've never tried them best describes u people who tells people to stay on them bashing them just because they are cheap.
No crap! i admitted i deserved things going wrong when i bought cheap parts!!!! As to why i no longer do!!!
stimanmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #32
jjasonn
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 208653
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Japan
Vehicle:
2004 V-Limited
Spec C

Default

if only you would take your time to research about the company you're buying from instead of buying blindly..
jjasonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #33
eg33GC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 206851
Join Date: Mar 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
99 V4
EJ20K RS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjasonn View Post
if only you would take your time to research about the company you're buying from instead of buying blindly..
It's nasioc, what do you expect?

They don't even know the FP green/red/black are MHI turbos with a billet wheel....
eg33GC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #34
jjasonn
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 208653
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Japan
Vehicle:
2004 V-Limited
Spec C

Default

well, it's something basic they should at least do you know? doing some research before spending their hard earned cash...
jjasonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #35
STi MAN86
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 287906
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Vehicle:
2006 STi
Black

Default

Hey guys,

I have the Kinugawa TD06-H 60-1 8cm 3" Intlet
Did some logs for you guys
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...1h3MXh6bUhNOXc
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...G5hbU9PY285V0E

07 STi Built 2.5L
TD-06H 60-1 8cm Turbo
50/50 Meth
AVO 73mm MAF CAI
AVO Pod Filter
Hyperflow TMIC
Tactrix 3-Port Boost Control Solenoid
AP 3" Turbo intlet pipe
TGV DELETES
TBE 3" CES system Twin seperated DP
Headers GT Spec Heat wrapped UE
Walbaro fuel pump 255l
Injectors ID 1,000cc
Split fuel rails
Sard Fuel pressure regulator
ACT clutch kit stage 3 drives like stock
NGK 1 step colder plugs
ARP 11mm Head Studs


As you can see I make full boost in 3rd by 3,900-4000 RPM and in 4th gear I make full boost by 3,500 RPM Was mucking around wth the boost in these logs I can see 24psi about the same RPM and it holds across the rev range... I had lowerd the boost to about 22.5psi at top end in these logs...

In my opinion these are great Turbos for the value...

Car is makng close to 400WHP

If any one has any logs etc. please share them
Cheers, Simon

Last edited by STi MAN86; 04-10-2013 at 10:54 AM.
STi MAN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #36
Unabomber
Big Ron
Moderator
 
Member#: 18062
Join Date: Apr 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: I can save you a ton of cash
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

Default

They just got back to me. Stand back....I'm about to make magic happen!
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:54 PM   #37
jjasonn
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 208653
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Japan
Vehicle:
2004 V-Limited
Spec C

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unabomber View Post
They just got back to me. Stand back....I'm about to make magic happen!
trust me. their service and their products will throw u off your seat and u will be the next one in line defending their products when people called them **** and condemns them when they have never used them before!
jjasonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #38
WhatTurboLag?
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 243992
Join Date: Apr 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Morton Grove, Illinois
Vehicle:
2006 WRX TR
WRB

Default

STi MAN is that with the anti surge housing? do you have any videos of it?
WhatTurboLag? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #39
STi MAN86
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 287906
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Vehicle:
2006 STi
Black

Default

Here you go

Goes a bit harder now with 24psi need a new video this was on 23 to 21psi

And no it's not I don't have the anti surge cover

I am on the 50-100MPH list here http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2349792 5.75 seconds

Last edited by STi MAN86; 05-18-2012 at 11:09 PM.
STi MAN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #40
jjasonn
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 208653
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Japan
Vehicle:
2004 V-Limited
Spec C

Default

i hope u people really learn from your mistakes. bashing a product just because it's cheap and when you've never used it before really hurts their business.
you people who condemns these turbos should be happy because you get a good pricing turbo with very good quality.

imagine yourself working hard to roll out good products and people whom have never tried em tried to bash your products off scaring away potential customers. imagine how much damage its gonna cost to your company's reputation and products..
jjasonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #41
Bishop
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 59993
Join Date: Apr 2004
Chapter/Region: International
Location: WWAAYY west of the Mississippi
Vehicle:
Ass, grass or cash
no one rides for free!!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unabomber View Post
They just got back to me. Stand back....I'm about to make magic happen!
****s about to get real up in here!!
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:26 PM   #42
STi MAN86
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 287906
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Vehicle:
2006 STi
Black

Default

As it has been said before sevice is great from these guys never had any issus with these guys this my 2nd turbo from them and couldn't be happier

Not a bad turbo compare to guys running GT35's on the 50-100MPH list being a second or so quicker...
STi MAN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #43
UK-Wagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 232430
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: On the Left side
Vehicle:
555 XTi
1 AW & 1 CGM

Default

jjasonn!!!! Im glad someone is finally backing up what I have been saying now for a while. Me and a few other member know about these and Love them. Ive been saying since my first post in this thread that in Japan and the UK these are highly respected products. Here in the US they are "new" to the market. So as expected with any new product, if its not something everyone on here uses, then it tends to get the "its garbage" name really fast.

Im guessing most of you dont even know Garrett parts are made in Japan..... Likely in the same damn factory!!! Garrett charges more because they assemble the turbos here in the US!! Where wages are slightly higher, they then mark the turbos up double because of the higher wages and make 3x as much!! The parts are manufactured there because the metal is cheaper and manufacturing costs are also lower than here. They do the math... cheap to make there, but market as a US turbo because its assembled here! You pay 3x more than you should because of this. If they were assembled there like Kamak/kinugawa then you would be paying the same price for the garrett turbo as you do these turbos!

These turbos ARE NEW to us here in the states. But what people fail to understand because of lack of research..... they have been around for a long ass time!! Just not here in the states. Research people, research! The turbos are not that cheap $700-$800 for a kinugawa turbo. When you can get a sweet ass Ebay or GSP turbo for $299. Those are cheap made in a shady ass factory turbos that I wouldnt dare put on my lawn mower!

Last edited by UK-Wagon; 05-18-2012 at 11:48 PM.
UK-Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:52 PM   #44
jjasonn
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 208653
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Japan
Vehicle:
2004 V-Limited
Spec C

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK-Wagon View Post
jjasonn!!!! Im glad someone is finally backing up what I have been saying now for a while. Me and a few other member know about these and Love them. Ive been saying since my first post in this thread that in Japan and the UK these are highly respected products. Here in the US they are "new" to the market. So as expected with any new product, if its not something everyone on here uses, then it tends to get the "its garbage" name really fast.

Im guessing most of you dont even know Garrett parts are made in Japan..... Likely in the same damn factory!!! Garrett charges more because they assemble the turbos here in the US!! Where wages are slightly higher, they then mark the turbos up double because of the higher wages and make 3x as much!! The parts are manufactured there because the metal is cheaper and manufacturing costs are also lower than here. They do the math... cheap to make there, but market as a US turbo because its assembled here! You pay 3x more than you should because of this. If they were assembled there like Kamak/kinugawa then you would be paying the same price for the garrett turbo as you do these turbos!
YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! trust me. Taiwan is one of the top country to look for when you need something mass produced. Japan is turning to Taiwan now. And trust me. I've been to many plants in Taiwan to view their manufacturing process. I would say they are stricter than Japan and every single thing that they manufacture, They aim for the ISO certification.

Do you see US factories doing that for every of their single products? NO! Have you seen manufacturers in Japan doing that? NO! Since Grimmspeed spoke earlier. I will use them as an example.

Grimmspeed, For each and every single products that you guys have manufactured, Do you have ISO certifications? NO! I don't think so. But Kamak does. Every single turbo has been certified. Also, We in Japan knows NOTHING about your products. If someone were to mention your name here. and someone starts condemn your products just because you were never known in Japan or because your parts are cheap. Imagine the hurt its gonna do to your business? And trust me. When you guys are talking about modding the **** outta your cars, I assure you guys. You people are WAY behind us Japanese in modding our cars.

Be fair to others. Be fair to yourself. You guys are running a business and so is others.
jjasonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:26 AM   #45
UK-Wagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 232430
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: On the Left side
Vehicle:
555 XTi
1 AW & 1 CGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjasonn View Post

Be fair to others. Be fair to yourself. You guys are running a business and so is others.
Yep, Im pretty sure there are only a handful of members on here who have these..... and NONE of them have said anything bad about them!!!

So why is it people who have no clue about the product are chiming in and talking S**T??? The only reviews you will come up with on other forums are GOOD reviews! Not bad, these are new to us here and already getting a bad name before people even put them on their cars? nonsense.....
UK-Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:03 AM   #46
sense of nature
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 112759
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: In the V hole!
Vehicle:
2018 bugSti
SexyRP

Default

This :http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...light=kinugawa
I've also run /ran 1 for over 2 years of beating the living snot outta every weekend
pushed the boost in the upper part of the efficiency range for most the time I ran it.
It really is a shame how closed mind people can be.
There's being /buying cheap & then there is buying cheaper.... Just gotta do your home work.
I read about the boys on the other side of the pond rocking these for years w/ no issues.
P.m'd a few on the 22b boards & they convinced me they are excellent turbos for the price .Most have had great Customer service when needed .
A lil more than .02's worth .. but whatever
sense of nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:20 AM   #47
shirokuma
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 5489
Join Date: Apr 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: The Empire of Seattle
Vehicle:
2013 FR-S
AVO Orange

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjasonn View Post
And trust me. When you guys are talking about modding the **** outta your cars, I assure you guys. You people are WAY behind us Japanese in modding our cars.
Seriously, if you think that they modify Subaru's in Japan more than America, you've got to spend some time in America. The Japanese spend more at super autobacs on brakes and suspension (and oil....) than the average Subaru owner does in America, but Americans far, far out-modify Japanese Subaru owners when it comes to power upgrades.

And that's only natural when the only places to actually get driving is after midnight on the Shutoko, or hitting the skylines in Hakone, Tsukuba-san and the other mountain routes. Whereas we have wide-open straight roads (non tolled!) were you can drive 1200km and only take 4 corners. Not to mention the sheer availability of quarter mile tracks.

Point being, Americans spend a *lot* more money on turbochargers than Japanese do, which is why they are also far more skeptical about makers they don't know, because this forum is full of horror stories about that. If kinugawa wants to get past that image - they have to actually put some work into getting data out there, participating with users via forums/facebook, and spending time understanding the market. For instance, the fact that most people in the states have a spot to work on their car, such as a 1-2 car garage. Thus there is far more DIY in the states vs. the majority of Japanese that live in the major cities where they are paying 3man to 5man a month for a single parking spot where they cannot work on their car.
shirokuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:50 AM   #48
jjasonn
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 208653
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Japan
Vehicle:
2004 V-Limited
Spec C

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirokuma View Post
Seriously, if you think that they modify Subaru's in Japan more than America, you've got to spend some time in America. The Japanese spend more at super autobacs on brakes and suspension (and oil....) than the average Subaru owner does in America, but Americans far, far out-modify Japanese Subaru owners when it comes to power upgrades.

And that's only natural when the only places to actually get driving is after midnight on the Shutoko, or hitting the skylines in Hakone, Tsukuba-san and the other mountain routes. Whereas we have wide-open straight roads (non tolled!) were you can drive 1200km and only take 4 corners. Not to mention the sheer availability of quarter mile tracks.

Point being, Americans spend a *lot* more money on turbochargers than Japanese do, which is why they are also far more skeptical about makers they don't know, because this forum is full of horror stories about that. If kinugawa wants to get past that image - they have to actually put some work into getting data out there, participating with users via forums/facebook, and spending time understanding the market. For instance, the fact that most people in the states have a spot to work on their car, such as a 1-2 car garage. Thus there is far more DIY in the states vs. the majority of Japanese that live in the major cities where they are paying 3man to 5man a month for a single parking spot where they cannot work on their car.
Kamak's annual sales volume which includes kinugawa and MAP exceeds 100million per annual year. Do you really think they need to get to the forums, advertise and get end users to buy it? no. they dont have the need to. they have been doing business and around for many many years. Only small business needs to solicit business. Not kamak for sure. I will place Kamak on the same level as Garret, Mitsubishi for turbo manufacturers. Have you seen Garret coming themselves out to solicit business? Or mitsubishi? no. lol..

also, i bet you've not stayed in japan for a long time. if u only think of autobacs, then, you are not qualified to even talk about Japan's auto scene.
Ricers stays at autobacs while the real deal, hang out at garages. If you think that us paying 3 man a month for a parking is bad enough, wait till you see us throw yens in millions into our car. I for one has spent 2.5 million yen this month alone on my car. obviously, you've never seen the real deal. so, im sorry. you're not qualified to even comment on the auto scene in Japan.

Talking onto this point, Real deal races on the Shutoko , Kanjo etc are organized between garages and they send their best cars out to race there. What you've seen on Shutoko without garages name are probably ricers.

Maybe all you know is hanging out at Daikoku or participating in some drives along Shutoko means you know much about the auto scene. No you're wrong.
Head over to some big names garages and you'll tell yourself you're wrong.

Last edited by jjasonn; 05-19-2012 at 05:21 AM.
jjasonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #49
sense of nature
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 112759
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: In the V hole!
Vehicle:
2018 bugSti
SexyRP

Default

Bottom line... Unless you have personally ran these turbos ,it's all speculation good or bad.
I've run them & will continue to run them.
sense of nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #50
shirokuma
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 5489
Join Date: Apr 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: The Empire of Seattle
Vehicle:
2013 FR-S
AVO Orange

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjasonn View Post
Only small business needs to solicit business. Not kamak for sure. I will place Kamak on the same level as Garret, Mitsubishi for turbo manufacturers. Have you seen Garret coming themselves out to solicit business? Or mitsubishi? no. lol..
If that was truly the case, we wouldn't be having this discussion, would we? Lets take a Japanese company, say, Super Autobacs. It has annual sales of 15.5 billion a year. 550 stores across Japan, 7+ stores in France. Opens a store in LA. Instant success? No. It's been bleeding a million dollars a year since opening. Why? Because Americans didn't know them and didn't care enough about them.

Quote:
also, i bet you've not stayed in japan for a long time. if u only think of autobacs, then, you are not qualified to even talk about Japan's auto scene.
Ricers stays at autobacs while the real deal, hang out at garages. If you think that us paying 3 man a month for a parking is bad enough, wait till you see us throw yens in millions into our car. I for one has spent 2.5 million yen this month alone on my car. obviously, you've never seen the real deal. so, im sorry. you're not qualified to even comment on the auto scene in Japan.
Yeah, actually, I am. Maybe far more than you are. I have an A Racing license in Japan, raced on tsukuba circuit, twin ring motegi, fuji speedway old and new, central circuit, and a handful of other circuits. I covered D1 for a season and a half, I covered SGT for 3 seasons. Most of the garages in Japan probably still remember my ugly face. I started posting on here in 2001 about my twin turbo Legacy, and to this day VOD is still used to describe what's so bad about them.

To be very honest, I sincerely hope you are not a rep for kinugawa or Kamak, because you are not really making a good impression towards either. Not because they are bad turbo's, but because of the way you respond to anybody that dares ask questions about them.

I mentioned the Super Autobacs because, for better or worse, that's where most of the aftermarket parts are sold in Japan. The most modified vehicle in Japan? Subaru Legacies.

Quote:
Talking onto this point, Real deal races on the Shutoko , Kanjo etc are organized between garages and they send their best cars out to race there. What you've seen on Shutoko without garages name are probably ricers.
You know that Ricer is a term by Americans for kids driving Japanese vehicles? You know, "rice burners". You are basically saying that the garages don't race Japanese cars.
shirokuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
turbos with anti surge holes(need pics) kaneda3 Member's Car Gallery 48 08-16-2007 01:15 PM
anyone have any experence with ANTI SURGE Kit? scobaru Motorsports 9 04-24-2006 03:09 AM
Nitrous and alky injection. Anyone try it? Rickyh Water/Methanol Injection, Nitrous & Intercooler Cooling 3 04-14-2005 12:55 PM
Ding King - Anyone try it on your Subaru? cashcow Interior & Exterior Modification 8 04-14-2005 07:59 AM
The new M3 shaver anyone try it yet? NiteKids Off-Topic 1 05-29-2004 11:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.