Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 28, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 11:00 PM   #1
azeyatic
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 261620
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
WRB-

Default ej207 v8 run AVCS on 4eat?

Ive read everything i can in trying to find an answer to this question
Which is leading me to believe this isn't possible..

I have spoken to a few tuners and vendors and have gotten mixed
reviews..

The closest i got was reading someone running avcs with a sports shift 4eat.
i have a 04 wrx..with 4eat want to put in ej207 and run avcs ..not quite ready for the 6 speed (funding). Is this possible???

Thanks in advance!

...please someone make my day..lol
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
azeyatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:14 AM   #2
lukeskywrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 59837
Join Date: Apr 2004
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Arizona
Vehicle:
2004 Spec-C Type RA
What MAF? -Speed Density!

Default

There is no JDM STI with an Auto, so I am not sure if the STI ECu has the necessary features, but it might. I am sure however there is an auto JDM WRX that would have AVCS as well and that ecu would work on the 207.
lukeskywrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
azeyatic
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 261620
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
WRB-

Default

Unreal! Never thought of that..thanks!
azeyatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:16 AM   #4
Disruptz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 203255
Join Date: Feb 2009
Vehicle:
2001 01 Prodrive STI
WRB

Default

I run the 01 JDM WRX ecu, Since the jdm wrx sti & non sti, both have avcs.
and use the sportshift

- You can easily source a 01 jdm wrx ecu for $100-300 usd, but from japan or nz(huge jdm market) etc, just pay intl freight.

- Try ebay, or post a wanted thread on the forums. I'm not sure of any online stores,

- Aftermarket ecu

- Or just dont run avcs if it's too much trouble,



*or if you'r willing to pay a bit extra, I could source a JDM V7/8 4EAT WRX ecu for $200+shipping(estimated)*

Last edited by Disruptz; 06-12-2012 at 03:35 AM.
Disruptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:57 AM   #5
azeyatic
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 261620
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
WRB-

Default

What kind of numbers you putting down? And trying to obtain in the future?

That price doesnt sound to bad how much is shipping?
azeyatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:51 AM   #6
Disruptz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 203255
Join Date: Feb 2009
Vehicle:
2001 01 Prodrive STI
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeyatic View Post
What kind of numbers you putting down? And trying to obtain in the future?

That price doesnt sound to bad how much is shipping?
198kw or 266hp as of last dyno run. Iv'e rebuit the motor since then, oversized pistons, etc,

car patiently sits in the garage atm, waiting to be finished
still runs the vf30 and 550cc pinks,

estimated $50 for shipping from my local subaru club.
Disruptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #7
Deedz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 311547
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: SK, CANADA
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
Java Black

Default

From what I can find it looks like you must have went 6-Speed now, no?

I'm in the same boat. I've had mine running and on the street. Only drives smooth in 1st and 2nd, 3rd and Drive don't shift properly. But man does it rip, not even fully tuned and I went right sideways breaking all four loose on dry pavement when the boost hit in 1st.

As others others have stated the STI ECU doesn't have both MT/AT ROMs like the WRX ECU's do. So even though mine will drive the ECU doesn't know when the TCU is telling it to shift, which is why it won't shift smooth. So yes the best option is a JDM WRX ECU, which I am currently trying to find if anybody reading this knows a source.

I finally got a hold of P&L Motorsports out of Illinois, the owner runs an Auto STI set-up now swapped over to a Fozzy chassis. He confirmed that there are only a couple other real options...

1-Stock USDM WRX ECU with no AVCS capability, requiring the cams to be plugged, but full 4EAT Control. This isn't a huge loss if you're going with a full higher HP build but also if thats your future plans then you would want a built 4EAT too (IPT Performance), I think the stock 4EAT's are good to mid/high 300's for AWHP.

2-JDM STI ECU with AVCS (of course) and add a manual control switch block for the 4EAT, which apparently IPT offers. Works fine but also a bit of a pain for driving around town though.

Anyways would like to chat with you sometime about the direction you went and so on. How everything went, and the numbers you ended up with. Hit me back!
Deedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:54 PM   #8
azeyatic
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 261620
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
WRB-

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deedz View Post
From what I can find it looks like you must have went 6-Speed now, no?

I'm in the same boat. I've had mine running and on the street. Only drives smooth in 1st and 2nd, 3rd and Drive don't shift properly. But man does it rip, not even fully tuned and I went right sideways breaking all four loose on dry pavement when the boost hit in 1st.

As others others have stated the STI ECU doesn't have both MT/AT ROMs like the WRX ECU's do. So even though mine will drive the ECU doesn't know when the TCU is telling it to shift, which is why it won't shift smooth. So yes the best option is a JDM WRX ECU, which I am currently trying to find if anybody reading this knows a source.

I finally got a hold of P&L Motorsports out of Illinois, the owner runs an Auto STI set-up now swapped over to a Fozzy chassis. He confirmed that there are only a couple other real options...

1-Stock USDM WRX ECU with no AVCS capability, requiring the cams to be plugged, but full 4EAT Control. This isn't a huge loss if you're going with a full higher HP build but also if thats your future plans then you would want a built 4EAT too (IPT Performance), I think the stock 4EAT's are good to mid/high 300's for AWHP.

2-JDM STI ECU with AVCS (of course) and add a manual control switch block for the 4EAT, which apparently IPT offers. Works fine but also a bit of a pain for driving around town though.

Anyways would like to chat with you sometime about the direction you went and so on. How everything went, and the numbers you ended up with. Hit me back!
Just decided to check this thread back..glad to see you did some leg work!!

Simply put as it was told to me... "its a crime to run these engines on automatic"

I couldnt find the ecu that would have been able to run auto avcs.. and i really wanted the quickness down low.. granted i have driven without it for a week and it didnt feel the same.

I did the 6 speed and i am happy as hell with it... dont really see me driving auto again! Traffic... open road..dont care so much more control so much more in tune with your car!

i just recently had the tune done last week ..feels amazing runs smooth in high rpm. Going monday to get a few guages installed and putting her on the dyno!
azeyatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #9
Deedz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 311547
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: SK, CANADA
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
Java Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeyatic View Post
Just decided to check this thread back..glad to see you did some leg work!!



Simply put as it was told to me... "its a crime to run these engines on automatic"



I couldnt find the ecu that would have been able to run auto avcs.. and i really wanted the quickness down low.. granted i have driven without it for a week and it didnt feel the same.



I did the 6 speed and i am happy as hell with it... dont really see me driving auto again! Traffic... open road..dont care so much more control so much more in tune with your car!



i just recently had the tune done last week ..feels amazing runs smooth in high rpm. Going monday to get a few guages installed and putting her on the dyno!
Glad to hear, I now made the same choice. Finally in the process of swapping in the full STi 6-Speed drivetrain.

Did you find or do you have any information on the wiring changes with the 4EAT harness/6-Speed merge? Or did you swap out the whole harness.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't find any solid answers so far, just bits and pieces. When I complete mine I plan to write up an actual procedure I'm surprised that I haven't found one t this point.
Deedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
08 ej207 JDM dual AVCS heads on a built v7 ej207 icev7 Built Motor Discussion 17 02-21-2010 03:21 PM
How to run an Ej207 V8 engine on Ej205 Computer? WRXINTX Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain 11 02-21-2008 11:46 PM
will an 04 sti ecu and wiring harness work on an Ej207 V8? WRXINTX Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain 2 02-09-2008 11:11 PM
jdm ver.7 ecu to run avcs on 06 LGT engine? domestic_abuser Engine Management & Tuning 2 12-05-2006 07:57 PM
how to run avcs on a 2.5 sti in a wrx? pux888 Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain 17 03-12-2005 11:01 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.