Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 14, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #51
achilles224
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 286465
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Boston, MA
Vehicle:
'08 WRX SSM
'02 WRX WRB

Default

Apologies if this has already been asked, but did you paint the trim piece that starts at the passenger side HVAC vent and goes all the way to the bezel where the hazard light is? Or does this piece come black on this MY? It's silver on the 08.

It looks awesome - if painted/wrapped, what did you use?

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
achilles224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #52
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2009 CTSV 6MT 537whp
Black Raven

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles224 View Post
Apologies if this has already been asked, but did you paint the trim piece that starts at the passenger side HVAC vent and goes all the way to the bezel where the hazard light is? Or does this piece come black on this MY? It's silver on the 08.
That is stock on MY2011/2012.
rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:59 PM   #53
J wrx11
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 280177
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2011 wrx
DGM

Default

why did you choose the Blouch 1.5 over say the 18g or 20g>
J wrx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #54
Kennan04
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 268525
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Vehicle:
1993 Chevy Cavalier
Red w/ Yellow flames

Default

^ exactly, since you got a front mount, ur probably not worried about lag, you could have gotten a larger turbo.
Kennan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #55
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2009 CTSV 6MT 537whp
Black Raven

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennan04
^ exactly, since you got a front mount, ur probably not worried about lag, you could have gotten a larger turbo.
The 1.5 puts out more power than both the 18g and 20g.

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/power-br...-complete.html
rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #56
besthaticouldo
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 279660
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: STL
Default

Your 11 is setting the bar. The attention to detail is amazing. You do some great work man. Spot on.
besthaticouldo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:00 AM   #57
xXShiroXx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 258335
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza WRX 4DR
Satin White Pearl

Default

Where did you get the STi Intake Manifold? Is there a website you got it from? And is it a direct fit from the WRX Intake Manifold?
xXShiroXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:19 AM   #58
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2009 CTSV 6MT 537whp
Black Raven

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXShiroXx View Post
Where did you get the STi Intake Manifold? Is there a website you got it from? And is it a direct fit from the WRX Intake Manifold?
I picked it up used on IWSTI.com. It was off an 09 part out.

However, I would not recommend doing the swap. I did it purely for looks as I liked the intercooler routing better than the WRX manifold and it was a pain in the ass. The reality is that the poly WRX intake manifold actually flow more air at a cooler temp than the STI one. It is one of those things that I probably wouldn't do over again...
rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #59
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2009 CTSV 6MT 537whp
Black Raven

Default

I am heading to a new track this Thursday for an all day/run as much as you want session. Not only is this a new track for me...but it is also actually a new track. The front end of my car is getting beat to hell on tracks that are actually broken in so I know this next session is going to be brutal for the bumper. I decided to steal an idea from a car I have seen on this thread (NickolasWRX's) to see how it works out. Out came the plastidip and this was the result.

I'm not usually for plastidipping cars...but it does provide protection at the track. We have done it on GT-R's and other high end vehicles with success. Of course...I probably need to do the entire front end to really get it protected. We'll see how it does Thursday...

rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:28 AM   #60
96accord
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 145105
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Middle River, Maryland
Vehicle:
2007 WRB WRX Limited

Default

^ looks VERY good!!
96accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:35 AM   #61
xXShiroXx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 258335
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza WRX 4DR
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsutton1223

I picked it up used on IWSTI.com. It was off an 09 part out.

However, I would not recommend doing the swap. I did it purely for looks as I liked the intercooler routing better than the WRX manifold and it was a pain in the ass. The reality is that the poly WRX intake manifold actually flow more air at a cooler temp than the STI one. It is one of those things that I probably wouldn't do over again...
I see. Yeah I heard about that the WRX Intake Manifold that actually flows more cooler air than the STi. Apparently it's not a direct bolt on. Thanks. Oh one more question. The 4500k HID Bi-Xenon retrofit kit. Did you buy the part and did it by yourself or a professional actually did it? If so is there a website for it?
xXShiroXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:44 AM   #62
2011mwgwrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300784
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Columbus, OH
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Limited
OBP

Default

I like the aggressive look
2011mwgwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:52 AM   #63
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2009 CTSV 6MT 537whp
Black Raven

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXShiroXx View Post
I see. Yeah I heard about that the WRX Intake Manifold that actually flows more cooler air than the STi. Apparently it's not a direct bolt on. Thanks. Oh one more question. The 4500k HID Bi-Xenon retrofit kit. Did you buy the part and did it by yourself or a professional actually did it? If so is there a website for it?
I bought the setup from theretrofitsource.com. It is a direct bolt in with their brackets. I did the job myself.
rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #64
90crxfreak
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318642
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Premium
WRB

Default

you could always buy some clear plastidip.....
http://www.dipyourcar.com/shop/artic...%26aid%3D27%26
90crxfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:48 AM   #65
JohnnyWas
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 91010
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Vehicle:
2002 Subaru WRX
OG Blueberry

Default

This is absolutely perfect in every way.
JohnnyWas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:11 AM   #66
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2009 CTSV 6MT 537whp
Black Raven

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90crxfreak View Post
you could always buy some clear plastidip.....
http://www.dipyourcar.com/shop/artic...%26aid%3D27%26
That is what we used on the GT-R. It looked horrible but it worked.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWas View Post
This is absolutely perfect in every way.

Thanks!
rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #67
honestabe
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 261730
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX hatch
WRB

Default

There is one flaw.... whatever site you use to host your pictures is blocked at my work! Boo! :P
honestabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #68
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2009 CTSV 6MT 537whp
Black Raven

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by honestabe View Post
There is one flaw.... whatever site you use to host your pictures is blocked at my work! Boo! :P
Photobucket
rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #69
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2009 CTSV 6MT 537whp
Black Raven

Default

Got the car up to Atlanta Motorsports Park today for over a 100 miles worth of track time. The track is brand new so the tires were singing! Incredibly fun track for Subaru's...not sure I would want to run a modified GT-R or high horsepower car given how tight and narrow the track is. Can't wait to get back.

rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #70
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2009 CTSV 6MT 537whp
Black Raven

Default

Double post.

Last edited by rsutton1223; 06-22-2012 at 02:14 PM.
rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #71
Salvation27
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 292403
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: In Van Down By Rockaway River
Vehicle:
2006 WRX
Aspen White

Default

Pure Sex in the Mouth!!!!!!!!!
Salvation27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #72
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Looks like it was awesome! I would say you could get on the gas a little sooner, but as you mentioned the track is new and so are you to the track so I'll give you a break
I dont think anyone has asked yet but, how did the brembo's hold up?Not really sure if their was any hard braking corners on this track..so Ill still ask lol.
Any brake fade or mushy pedal? The reason I ask is, my bro has an 04sti and his brembo's (at least the fronts) got hot enough on Laguna Seca to change the color of the caliper itself
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #73
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2009 CTSV 6MT 537whp
Black Raven

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3 View Post
Looks like it was awesome! I would say you could get on the gas a little sooner, but as you mentioned the track is new and so are you to the track so I'll give you a break
I dont think anyone has asked yet but, how did the brembo's hold up?Not really sure if their was any hard braking corners on this track..so Ill still ask lol.
Any brake fade or mushy pedal? The reason I ask is, my bro has an 04sti and his brembo's (at least the fronts) got hot enough on Laguna Seca to change the color of the caliper itself
The brakes did great actually. No fade and I was running new pads with DBA 5000 rotors.

My calipers are gold now instead of silver. I have to redo those...
rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #74
Str8cypherm80
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 202129
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Florida
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Hatch
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

absolutely killing my 12' silver hatch. I love what youve done so far. i will for sure keep referring back to this thread frequently! great job brother!
Str8cypherm80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #75
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsutton1223 View Post
The brakes did great actually. No fade and I was running new pads with DBA 5000 rotors.

My calipers are gold now instead of silver. I have to redo those...
That's awesome, and those rotors are amazing but yet very expensive imo.
Time for some high temp paint? lol.
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TopSpeed - 2011 Sti - 11.3@124.5mph - Stock tmic, Dom 1.5, E85 TopSpeed Proven Power Bragging 59 07-02-2014 11:34 AM
Blouch Dom 1.5 CobbsSTI Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 0 12-21-2011 03:54 AM
2011 WRX Hatch - Rear Wiper Intermittent Setting No Longer Works xluben Newbies & FAQs 3 04-24-2011 11:18 PM
FS - Blouch Dom 3 Turbo - Brand New!! dcheyne55 SWIC Private Classifieds 5 06-02-2008 06:55 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.