Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday September 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #1101
cronic
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 9749
Join Date: Aug 2001
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
-

Default

On the ride home from Abq last weekend I grabbed a bag of these. Pretty good.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
cronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #1102
missnexa
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 116754
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: the white tower
Vehicle:
'06 STI
bruised

Default

missnexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #1103
xxscaxx
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 86459
Join Date: May 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Campbell Hall, NY
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ
SWP

Default

Found a pretty cool website with some recipe ideas:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/

I am going to make the chocolate chip banana bread, and choco chip cookies probably this weekend.
xxscaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:41 AM   #1104
idget_rex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 103281
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: mn
Vehicle:
'03 996tt
'84 302 rx7

Default

First refeed in a looong time. Pretty weak showing but it felt great to binge!
box of poptart mini things
10 poptarts
1 pint gelato
15oz candied yams
2 sleeves of saltine crackers
a thing of hummus
half a leftover dominos pizza
1 gallon limeade
72oz soda
idget_rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:54 AM   #1105
jsmaze
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 23354
Join Date: Aug 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Oakley, CA
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Wagon 4EAT
WRB

Default

I think I've kinda stalled on my recomp.

I'm following the Fierce Fit Fearless routine suggested by leangains, mostly to just be able to workout with my wife. 3 work out days a week, no cardio, macro cycling, IF leangains style.

Pretty sure it's just an intake problem, as we still drink too much. However, neither of us have had a deload or refeed for a LONG time. I was following ya'll with the refeed theory, and read up on some of the links, but never put it into practice.

Long story short: refeeds are just for cutting periods, to get leptin up, or should they be worked into recomp's also? I definately have days where the macros won't add up here and there, but never a specific refeed. I guess I shouldn't have said stalled - progress is slow and steady, and I'm adding weight every week to the movements, but the fat isn't leaving.

Also: poptarts. Want.

EDIT for strength thread: Just a few weeks away from bodyweight DL, bench, and squat. Can do a few chin's, pullup goal is still 1 . OHP - FFFFFUUUUU.
jsmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #1106
cronic
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 9749
Join Date: Aug 2001
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
-

Default

Recomping is not really a great idea for most people imo. Good way to spin your wheels.

If you need to drop some bf, do it.
cronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #1107
Rattles
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 16486
Join Date: Mar 2002
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Somewhere in New England..
Vehicle:
2006 Jeep

Default

ok guys, i have been doing a lot of reading lately and i have decided to give this carb refeed a try. i have lost about 40 lbs in the past 8 months but lately i seem to have hit a wall. not only has my weight loss stalled, i do feel a loss of energy which are both signs of lower leptin levels.

some background info before i get into my questions: i am on the Paleo lifestyle and i do eat clean about 90% of the time (no grains, no dairy, no processed sugars). i know that there are quite a few people that are not fans of Paleo but i love it and it has done wonders for me (weight wise, no migraines, no more heartburn etc..). with that said, i do think that on a refeed day i would have no problem eating some foods that i normally avoid like pancakes etc..

now to the questions:

1) right now my plan is to do the refeed on Saturday which is normally my heaviest day and since i don't workout on Sunday, it will allow all the water to get out of my system before the next workout.
2) right now i eat about 2200 cals a day, should i be worried about how many cals i eat during the refeed or just go all out?

3) i would still like to avoid things like candy so i am assuming that i should focus on things like rice, pasta, pizza, yams or even ice cream. is that correct?
Rattles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #1108
2k2
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 12368
Join Date: Nov 2001
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh,PA
Vehicle:
2008 Infiniti G35X
2011 BMW X5 Diesel

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattles
ok guys, i have been doing a lot of reading lately and i have decided to give this carb refeed a try. i have lost about 40 lbs in the past 8 months but lately i seem to have hit a wall. not only has my weight loss stalled, i do feel a loss of energy which are both signs of lower leptin levels.

some background info before i get into my questions: i am on the Paleo lifestyle and i do eat clean about 90% of the time (no grains, no dairy, no processed sugars). i know that there are quite a few people that are not fans of Paleo but i love it and it has done wonders for me (weight wise, no migraines, no more heartburn etc..). with that said, i do think that on a refeed day i would have no problem eating some foods that i normally avoid like pancakes etc..

now to the questions:

1) right now my plan is to do the refeed on Saturday which is normally my heaviest day and since i don't workout on Sunday, it will allow all the water to get out of my system before the next workout.
2) right now i eat about 2200 cals a day, should i be worried about how many cals i eat during the refeed or just go all out?

3) i would still like to avoid things like candy so i am assuming that i should focus on things like rice, pasta, pizza, yams or even ice cream. is that correct?
@cronic
2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #1109
WeldingHank
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 98645
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Lawrence,ma
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattles View Post
ok guys, i have been doing a lot of reading lately and i have decided to give this carb refeed a try. i have lost about 40 lbs in the past 8 months but lately i seem to have hit a wall. not only has my weight loss stalled, i do feel a loss of energy which are both signs of lower leptin levels.

some background info before i get into my questions: i am on the Paleo lifestyle and i do eat clean about 90% of the time (no grains, no dairy, no processed sugars). i know that there are quite a few people that are not fans of Paleo but i love it and it has done wonders for me (weight wise, no migraines, no more heartburn etc..). with that said, i do think that on a refeed day i would have no problem eating some foods that i normally avoid like pancakes etc..

now to the questions:

1) right now my plan is to do the refeed on Saturday which is normally my heaviest day and since i don't workout on Sunday, it will allow all the water to get out of my system before the next workout.
2) right now i eat about 2200 cals a day, should i be worried about how many cals i eat during the refeed or just go all out?

3) i would still like to avoid things like candy so i am assuming that i should focus on things like rice, pasta, pizza, yams or even ice cream. is that correct?
read marks daily apple at all? he just had a post about carb refeeds. Sweet potatos, rice, fruit (starchy ones, like bananas or plantain) plenty of "paleo approved" carbs out there, just toss em back!

edit: Have you tried real deep ketosis yet?
WeldingHank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:18 PM   #1110
cronic
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 9749
Join Date: Aug 2001
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
-

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattles View Post
ok guys, i have been doing a lot of reading lately and i have decided to give this carb refeed a try. i have lost about 40 lbs in the past 8 months but lately i seem to have hit a wall. not only has my weight loss stalled, i do feel a loss of energy which are both signs of lower leptin levels.

some background info before i get into my questions: i am on the Paleo lifestyle and i do eat clean about 90% of the time (no grains, no dairy, no processed sugars). i know that there are quite a few people that are not fans of Paleo but i love it and it has done wonders for me (weight wise, no migraines, no more heartburn etc..). with that said, i do think that on a refeed day i would have no problem eating some foods that i normally avoid like pancakes etc..

now to the questions:

1) right now my plan is to do the refeed on Saturday which is normally my heaviest day and since i don't workout on Sunday, it will allow all the water to get out of my system before the next workout.
2) right now i eat about 2200 cals a day, should i be worried about how many cals i eat during the refeed or just go all out?

3) i would still like to avoid things like candy so i am assuming that i should focus on things like rice, pasta, pizza, yams or even ice cream. is that correct?
First off if you have stalled I doubt a refeed is going to do much to fix it, with nothing else changing. You might gain weight. There is likely other things that need to change as well.

The following is my opinion. There are about 5 million opinions on this, so take it fwiw.

1. I like to do it on an off day personally.

2. Yes you should be concerned with over doing it. How fat/lean are you? That typically would dictate how big I would go.

3. Food choice you would need to figure out what makes you feel best. I try to eat things I like personally. Too much rice, and things like that make me feel awful. Too much ice cream/dairy as well. I try and keep fat low.

If you are doing paleo for 6.5 out of 7 days, eating food choices that are not paleo during that period is not a huge deal IMO. Besides the hormonal response there is a huge mental aspect for most.

I like a lot of paleo principles but I need some amount of "junk" for my own sanity. Some people are freaks and can live like that for ever. Some are so hard core, and think they can do it forever, do it for a year or two and burn out. I prefer to never remove anything totally from my diet and just eat it in, certain situations/moderation.
cronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #1111
Rattles
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 16486
Join Date: Mar 2002
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Somewhere in New England..
Vehicle:
2006 Jeep

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronic View Post
First off if you have stalled I doubt a refeed is going to do much to fix it, with nothing else changing. You might gain weight. There is likely other things that need to change as well.

The following is my opinion. There are about 5 million opinions on this, so take it fwiw.

1. I like to do it on an off day personally.

2. Yes you should be concerned with over doing it. How fat/lean are you? That typically would dictate how big I would go.

3. Food choice you would need to figure out what makes you feel best. I try to eat things I like personally. Too much rice, and things like that make me feel awful. Too much ice cream/dairy as well. I try and keep fat low.

If you are doing paleo for 6.5 out of 7 days, eating food choices that are not paleo during that period is not a huge deal IMO. Besides the hormonal response there is a huge mental aspect for most.

I like a lot of paleo principles but I need some amount of "junk" for my own sanity. Some people are freaks and can live like that for ever. Some are so hard core, and think they can do it forever, do it for a year or two and burn out. I prefer to never remove anything totally from my diet and just eat it in, certain situations/moderation.
Thanks dude. To answer your questions:

1) i am 33 years old, 6`1 186lbs with a bit of fat around the stomach that refuses to go away.

2) what i was thinking about is something like pancake for breakfast, maybe pasta or a good sandwich for lunch and some white rice for dinner with the usual protein in between.
Rattles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:07 PM   #1112
totalburnout
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 72861
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: North Jersey
Default

Rattles, I'd try to go into deeper ketosis by doing something like the 21 day sugar detox. Whether you choose to also go into a calorie deficit is a different topic.

I'd also pay attention to your sleep, your workout intensity and your rest time if you're having issues with recovery and you're not in a calorie deficit.

I'd only go to the refeed if you need it for your sanity.
totalburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #1113
ETacv
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 134010
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Bahhston
Vehicle:
2007 WRX bren-t00ned
UGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattles View Post
Thanks dude. To answer your questions:

1) i am 33 years old, 6`1 186lbs with a bit of fat around the stomach that refuses to go away.

2) what i was thinking about is something like pancake for breakfast, maybe pasta or a good sandwich for lunch and some white rice for dinner with the usual protein in between.
What are you doing for exercise? You don't seem to be too heavy for your height.

So you live in Newton, Brookline, or Lexington? lol
ETacv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:50 AM   #1114
Rattles
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 16486
Join Date: Mar 2002
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Somewhere in New England..
Vehicle:
2006 Jeep

Default

I do Crossfit 4-5 times a week. And it is Newton, MA
Rattles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #1115
totalburnout
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 72861
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: North Jersey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattles
I do Crossfit 4-5 times a week. And it is Newton, MA
I'd look to scaling that back to 4 times per week. 5 is a lot.

Injuries at our box are most prevalent with anyone doing more than 4 days per week. I was a prime example.
totalburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #1116
Rattles
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 16486
Join Date: Mar 2002
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Somewhere in New England..
Vehicle:
2006 Jeep

Default

I hear you on that one. I actually noticed a slow down when I I went from 3 times a week to get 5 so i am actually considering going back to 3 metcons and one heavy lifting day.
Rattles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #1117
totalburnout
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 72861
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: North Jersey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattles
I hear you on that one. I actually noticed a slow down when I I went from 3 times a week to get 5 so i am actually considering going back to 3 metcons and one heavy lifting day.
I structure my days like this based on what ive always known about lifting, what the highest crossfitters are doing and on the general consensus of what the other high level guys are doing at my box.

We do 3 or 4 strength days that also include skill work and short metcons (no longer than 10-15 minutes).

I.e,
10-15min warm up
10min skill work
15min lift
10-15min metcon
10min cool down/stretch.

I go based on push/pull.

Monday - squat or pull (front squat, back squat, deadlift, cleans, snatch, or weight pull ups)
Tuesday - press (bench or shoulder)
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - squat or pull
Friday - press
Weekend - rest.
totalburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #1118
The Tree
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 59141
Join Date: Apr 2004
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Home
Vehicle:
ManU Redsox
Notre dame

Default


he "ate clean" for 150 days to get in shape for and during filming, so this was his reward...one day of crazy cheat meals.
The Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #1119
Swizz_dub
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 144089
Join Date: Mar 2007
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Im just so angry.
Vehicle:
1111 All the time.
Go **** yourself.

Default

I'd **** him.


errr....I'd let him **** me.
Swizz_dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:22 PM   #1120
The Dayman
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 84815
Join Date: Apr 2005
Vehicle:
This is an excellent
rectangle.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swizz_dub View Post
I'd **** him.


errr....I'd let him **** me.
Yeah...like you'd have a choice.
The Dayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #1121
Swizz_dub
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 144089
Join Date: Mar 2007
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Im just so angry.
Vehicle:
1111 All the time.
Go **** yourself.

Default

Mine angus is thoroughly peppered
Swizz_dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #1122
Unabomber
Big Ron
Moderator
 
Member#: 18062
Join Date: Apr 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: I can save you a ton of cash
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

Default

I had two potato salad sandwiches this weekend. notbadobama.jpg
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #1123
Grap
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 6590
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Trying to relax like he said
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unabomber
I had two potato salad sandwiches this weekend. notbadobama.jpg
That was almost as good as the one with the potato salad and 7-layer dip.
Grap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #1124
ptirmal
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 82243
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Philly
Vehicle:
07' Acura TL-S
11' Ducati Monster 796

Default

Bumping this bitch, because carbs.

ptirmal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #1125
usfsfire42
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 242630
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: .
Vehicle:
.. Fitness for
health and looks only.

Default

Those look ****ing delicious
usfsfire42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Alison Krauss appreciation thread. Reflex-Arc Off-Topic 55 11-11-2012 01:35 AM
The Peter Cetera appreciation thread Ripper Off-Topic 57 07-18-2009 10:24 PM
The Traffic Cone Preservation Society?? dstan South East Region Forum 11 05-02-2007 02:54 AM
Toonces the Driving Cat Appreciation Thread Captain TinklePee Off-Topic 4 02-03-2006 02:10 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.