Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday October 1, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
North West Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 06:12 PM   #576
morganf
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 313032
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: PDX
Vehicle:
2011 STI TP STG 2
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by latigre View Post
Sunday, lightning red sti hatch with an oddly placed center mounted exhaust, tried to race on hw14 east on the exit back to 205 south into Portland.

Blew past another car and I to cut off onto the exit. Was in my white bugeye wagon.

Sweet car? :thumbdown: asshat.

If that is the same car I am thinking of, I believe I ran into him at PRE months back. Looked like he was about 17 and was revving the hell outta that odd center exit exhaust. Not awesome.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
morganf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:38 PM   #577
subaru__styles
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 53144
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: PDX'ish
Vehicle:
94 turbo legacy
OEM-JDM

Default

black wrx wagon w/ red flaps at vancouver americas tire
subaru__styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:41 PM   #578
Dyno503
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 314017
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Beaverton Oregon
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WRB

Default

White wingless STi going down stuckie in Hillsboro/Beaverton
Dyno503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:30 AM   #579
575rider
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 112024
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bends epic singletrack
Vehicle:
03 hybrid 6spd wgn
YETI 575

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganf View Post
If that is the same car I am thinking of, I believe I ran into him at PRE months back. Looked like he was about 17 and was revving the hell outta that odd center exit exhaust. Not awesome.
I've seen that car around, yes it's some young kid. I"m not surprised at the asshat driving described above, he was driving the same way when I saw him.
575rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:53 AM   #580
pilfflip
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 40484
Join Date: Jul 2003
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Salem, OR
Vehicle:
'02 Murdered WRX
'02 Silver Legacy

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 575rider View Post
I've seen that car around, yes it's some young kid. I"m not surprised at the asshat driving described above, he was driving the same way when I saw him.
This tool paced my wife and me [speeding up slowing down & repeat] on I-5 N just north of Bridgeport/Tigard on my way to the Sellwood area last week. Even my wife commented, "Are the rest of your forum friends A-holes like him?"
pilfflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #581
Freep
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 238640
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Rochester, NY
Vehicle:
2007 WRX STi
Built wrb (Sold)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 575rider View Post
I've seen that car around, yes it's some young kid. I"m not surprised at the asshat driving described above, he was driving the same way when I saw him.
It's OK he will get what's coming to him eventually. Mom and Dad will take away the car or he will be put in a slammer or wrapped around a tree. Sometimes they learn the hard way.
Freep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:53 PM   #582
luciferMotorCade
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 253611
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: the couve
Vehicle:
2004 GeNOME
WRB

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freep View Post
Eventually he will be wrapped around a tree. Sometimes they learn the RIGHT way.

Just saying
luciferMotorCade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #583
morganf
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 313032
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: PDX
Vehicle:
2011 STI TP STG 2
PBP

Default

Must be the hot weather bringing all the idiots out or something.

Not a Subi sighting, but a word of caution to the group.

Had a white evo MR with idaho plates and a Perrin badge on the trunk roll up on me at 11:30am between Stucki and 185th in Hillsboro. Boy racer was revving to get my attention, pacing, rolling down the window and waving, launching at stop lights and generally being a nuisance in stop and go lunch hour traffic. Not only is this dangerous, it's obnoxious and stupid. I am an adult who drives like an old lady (unless on a closed course or safe environment, not putting others at risk) and just minded my business as boy racer made a fool of himself trying to lure us in. Lots of cops on Cornell, great way to get a ticket. I don't want to get pulled over along with some dbag for their bad behavior.

At any rate, if this is anyone out of town guest, give em a big thumbs down from me.

Cheers!

-M
morganf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #584
Dyno503
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 314017
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Beaverton Oregon
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WRB

Default

I love when people try to rev their engines and get your attention to race, in bumper to bumper traffic. Its like " yes I see your car, congrats, wtf do you want me to do about it?"
Dyno503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #585
Andrew025
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 303408
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portland, Or
Vehicle:
04 STi
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganf
Must be the hot weather bringing all the idiots out or something.

Not a Subi sighting, but a word of caution to the group.

Had a white evo MR with idaho plates and a Perrin badge on the trunk roll up on me at 11:30am between Stucki and 185th in Hillsboro. Boy racer was revving to get my attention, pacing, rolling down the window and waving, launching at stop lights and generally being a nuisance in stop and go lunch hour traffic. Not only is this dangerous, it's obnoxious and stupid. I am an adult who drives like an old lady (unless on a closed course or safe environment, not putting others at risk) and just minded my business as boy racer made a fool of himself trying to lure us in. Lots of cops on Cornell, great way to get a ticket. I don't want to get pulled over along with some dbag for their bad behavior.

At any rate, if this is anyone out of town guest, give em a big thumbs down from me.

Cheers!

-M
I ran into that guy too. He must live here or visits a lot. I made a post about it a few pages back. He basically did the same thing to me.
Andrew025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #586
Wesley1184
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 301484
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: eugene oregon
Vehicle:
2002 wrx
red

Default

I fully understand you guys I get lots of Hondas always trying to stage me at stoplights it gets old. Just because my car is modded doesn't mean I wanna race you. I like having my car run and having a clean driving record.
Wesley1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #587
latigre
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 244622
Join Date: Apr 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Vancouver, WA
Vehicle:
2000 Audi S4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciferMotorCade

ya. all the vw kids want subaru's. lol
Heh I love it. I wanted the wagon before I got the jetta, but couldn't afford it. Now I can so it's awesome.

Good to know that he is widely known as a turd, wanted to make see if anyone knew who it was.
latigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:16 AM   #588
cameredi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 302950
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Pacific Northwet
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza STI
Pearl White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno503 View Post
I love when people try to rev their engines and get your attention to race, in bumper to bumper traffic. Its like " yes I see your car, congrats, wtf do you want me to do about it?"
Tuesday a kid in a Red Honda w/ mandatory Big Fart can was trying to race me on Cornell and cops were all(4-5 cops were in the area, going to and from the substation by Aloclek) around during afternoon traffic(4:30ish) revving his motor to get the backfires and such had the little dingleberry hanging from his rear Tow hook. he and his buddies where very visibly drinking beers. I don't remember being that dumb 30 yrs ago, I hope i wasnt. Strange thing is the same type of people have always done this to me no matter what i have been driving. I would prefer them not to wrap around a tree because there are normally innocents that get taken out too. Would prefer them to blow their motors in front of a cop who hasn't had any donuts, wife has been ignoring him and he just got chewed out by the boss to be the one who sees them launching from a stop light in a school zone
cameredi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:37 AM   #589
Wesley1184
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 301484
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: eugene oregon
Vehicle:
2002 wrx
red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameredi
Tuesday a kid in a Red Honda w/ mandatory Big Fart can was trying to race me on Cornell and cops were all(4-5 cops were in the area, going to and from the substation by Aloclek) around during afternoon traffic(4:30ish) revving his motor to get the backfires and such had the little dingleberry hanging from his rear Tow hook. he and his buddies where very visibly drinking beers. I don't remember being that dumb 30 yrs ago, I hope i wasnt. Strange thing is the same type of people have always done this to me no matter what i have been driving. I would prefer them not to wrap around a tree because there are normally innocents that get taken out too. Would prefer them to blow their motors in front of a cop who hasn't had any donuts, wife has been ignoring him and he just got chewed out by the boss to be the one who sees them launching from a stop light in a school zone
I fully agree with u man I don't ask for their life to end because karma is a bitch but let fools like them toast their motors or cars crushed by the cops for there dumb driving
Wesley1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:42 AM   #590
blasphemy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 56262
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portland, OR
Vehicle:
2011 STI
OBP

Default

Saw a black 04/05 STi with pink accents turning onto Cornell from 185th on Sunday. Cute girl driving too. Caught up to me to throw a deuce. Attempted to throw one back, but may have failed at being obvious about it. Wasn't trying to ignore you.
blasphemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:27 AM   #591
Dyno503
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 314017
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Beaverton Oregon
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameredi View Post
Tuesday a kid in a Red Honda w/ mandatory Big Fart can was trying to race me on Cornell and cops were all(4-5 cops were in the area, going to and from the substation by Aloclek) around during afternoon traffic(4:30ish) revving his motor to get the backfires and such had the little dingleberry hanging from his rear Tow hook. he and his buddies where very visibly drinking beers. I don't remember being that dumb 30 yrs ago, I hope i wasnt. Strange thing is the same type of people have always done this to me no matter what i have been driving. I would prefer them not to wrap around a tree because there are normally innocents that get taken out too. Would prefer them to blow their motors in front of a cop who hasn't had any donuts, wife has been ignoring him and he just got chewed out by the boss to be the one who sees them launching from a stop light in a school zone
I drive by that police station every day, and its insane how many people speed right thru that area. I didnt know it was a police station till my girlfriend pointed it out one day.
Dyno503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:28 AM   #592
Dyno503
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 314017
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Beaverton Oregon
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemy View Post
Saw a black 04/05 STi with pink accents turning onto Cornell from 185th on Sunday. Cute girl driving too. Caught up to me to throw a deuce. Attempted to throw one back, but may have failed at being obvious about it. Wasn't trying to ignore you.
im pretty sure I miss every single deuce thrown at me, and at the last second im thinkin " fuuuuuuuu, I missed it, im an *******" then I apologize for it on here.
Dyno503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #593
luciferMotorCade
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 253611
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: the couve
Vehicle:
2004 GeNOME
WRB

Default cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by latigre View Post
Heh I love it. I wanted the wagon before I got the jetta, but couldn't afford it. Now I can so it's awesome.

Good to know that he is widely known as a turd, wanted to make see if anyone knew who it was.
any mods yet?
luciferMotorCade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:35 PM   #594
latigre
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 244622
Join Date: Apr 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Vancouver, WA
Vehicle:
2000 Audi S4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciferMotorCade

any mods yet?
Not a lot. Coils, bellmouth down pipe, up pipe, deleted the rear muffler until I figure out which axleback exhaust to go with. Littered with oem sti goods. I just bought new wheels too.

Hoping to go big turbo after winter, since I don't want to be stuck driving my rabbit to the mountains ;D
latigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:59 PM   #595
CGMDan
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 127883
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: PDX
Vehicle:
'09 C63 AMG '99RSTi
'05 CGM STi - RIP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by latigre View Post
Not a lot. Coils, bellmouth down pipe, up pipe, deleted the rear muffler until I figure out which axleback exhaust to go with. Littered with oem sti goods. I just bought new wheels too.

Hoping to go big turbo after winter, since I don't want to be stuck driving my rabbit to the mountains ;D
You going to show up to the Cobb First Thursday tonight? Show off that car properly! There's not that many from Vancouver that seem to make it down.
CGMDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #596
luciferMotorCade
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 253611
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: the couve
Vehicle:
2004 GeNOME
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by latigre View Post
Not a lot. Coils, bellmouth down pipe, up pipe, deleted the rear muffler until I figure out which axleback exhaust to go with. Littered with oem sti goods. I just bought new wheels too.

Hoping to go big turbo after winter, since I don't want to be stuck driving my rabbit to the mountains ;D

when my build is done im going with a dom 1.5 xt or fp green. I have a set of sti struts being donated to my car. motor is close to done. should handle some good power and not blow like the other one .lol.
luciferMotorCade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #597
enchanter100
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 327768
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Albany, OR
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Default

blue wagon I keep passing by on my way to work. on highway 20 right outside of Albany. I'm heading towards Corvallis and they are heading towards Albany.. I was waving like crazy and got deuces back.

I've lived here all my life but just got my wrb wrx bugeye 2 weeks ago. At this rate I'll pass by him every day same time.
enchanter100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:56 PM   #598
Fleta
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 314735
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portland, OR
Vehicle:
2013 WRX hatch
WRB

Default

A bit late on the draw here, but Alexia's did my tail lights.
Fleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:18 AM   #599
Tyranosaurus Wrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318521
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: PDX
Vehicle:
08 WRX sedan
WRB

Default

At about 2:00pm, I threw dueces at a wrb 05/06 sti pulling onto 185th by westview high school. He waved back.

Dear guy with the sti,
your car was majestic. Thank you.
Tyranosaurus Wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #600
latigre
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 244622
Join Date: Apr 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Vancouver, WA
Vehicle:
2000 Audi S4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGMDan

You going to show up to the Cobb First Thursday tonight? Show off that car properly! There's not that many from Vancouver that seem to make it down.
Poo I worked until 8:30 last night, didn't see that until this morning. Is it every first Thursday of each month? I will try to make it down if that is the case.

Kyle, sounds awesome. Did you end up keeping your old car and just getting the new motor? I never heard what actually came to fruition.
latigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official STi Spottings Thread... (and some other spottings too)... AXXE Tri-State Area Forum 50 07-27-2012 05:59 PM
Apr Oregon Spoted thread JADSTI North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 11 04-01-2010 08:05 PM
imprezaf's Spotted thread imprezaf Tri-State Area Forum 16 11-08-2002 12:09 AM
Bring back spotted threads? Pinochle Tri-State Area Forum 58 02-14-2002 12:17 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.