Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday September 24, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
View Poll Results: Which Color do you like?
Gold 256 27.03%
Hyper Silver 125 13.20%
Chronium Black (gunmetal'ish) 324 34.21%
Flat black 218 23.02%
Bronze 122 12.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 947. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012, 01:33 AM   #4901
extremeblaster01
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 272003
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default

alright thanks guys, i've done alot of reseach through these threads and made a decision, xxr527's 17x9.75 +25mm with falken 225/40's
I think this will be a good setup, saw alot of pics on 04's and they didn't stick out to far outta the fenders, i'll put alot of negative camber on them too..

I have 245/40's on my gold bbs's right now, not sure if the look of those tires will be ok on the 17x9's..
I'm trying to sell my bbs's, haven't gotten any bites yet, selling at a great price too haha
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
extremeblaster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:38 AM   #4902
aeion
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 182114
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Texas
Vehicle:
1996 Nissan HARDbody
1931 Ford Model A

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeblaster01 View Post
alright thanks guys, i've done alot of reseach through these threads and made a decision, xxr527's 17x9.75 +25mm with falken 225/40's
I think this will be a good setup, saw alot of pics on 04's and they didn't stick out to far outta the fenders, i'll put alot of negative camber on them too..
That should be fine as long as you run some decent camber and decent lowness.

Quote:
I have 245/40's on my gold bbs's right now, not sure if the look of those tires will be ok on the 17x9's..
I'm trying to sell my bbs's, haven't gotten any bites yet, selling at a great price too haha

Those should sell pretty quickly, being 5x100
aeion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:28 AM   #4903
extremeblaster01
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 272003
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeion View Post
That should be fine as long as you run some decent camber and decent lowness.




Those should sell pretty quickly, being 5x100
yeah imma adjust my coils camber as negative as i can lol, and its pretty low already, but i gotta do some tweaking, but doing alot of reading on how to get it lower with out the shock body hitting the cv boot, i can fit a finger inbetween the fender and wheel right now..

and you'd think they should sell quickly lol, i'm selling them for 900 right now with next to new tires..wheels are in amazing shape too!
extremeblaster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #4904
Gsxricky
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324861
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: CALIFORNIA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX "Limited"

Default







Gsxricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #4905
rumorco
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 299007
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver, WA
Vehicle:
2005 Subaru WRX STI
Alpine White

Default

I have a 04 white sti. Planning on some gold xxr 527 9.75 +20 with 225/35-18. I've got bc racing coilovers. How much rolling and camber till I won't rub or scrub? Also will it clear the stock sti brembos? or will I need spacers?
rumorco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #4906
Ed05WRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 319401
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Layton,Utah
Vehicle:
05 WRX
WR BLue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumorco
I have a 04 white sti. Planning on some gold xxr 527 9.75 +20 with 225/35-18. I've got bc racing coilovers. How much rolling and camber till I won't rub or scrub? Also will it clear the stock sti brembos? or will I need spacers?
You'll need to roll and pull them! And you'll need 5mm spacer in front! Look more into this forum because many people have this set up! Just do some research..
Ed05WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:42 PM   #4907
SLIC VIC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 187428
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Bronx NY
Vehicle:
2006 STi
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed05WRX View Post


pretty sure these are miros which would answer your question of why their arent any 521 listed in 17x10 . Heres a pic of my 521s:



Quote:
Originally Posted by DR3WW3RD View Post
Run a 235/40 because a 225 is going to be a lot of stretch and won't fill in the fender wells and give as much of a flush look. Also remember certain tires run wide. Federals are known to run a size bigger
and yes, federals do run wide, i had 225/45 on my 9.75j and i hated them. Very beefy. Wish i wouldve done 215/40s if they even make that size?
SLIC VIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #4908
ph0bic
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329564
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Boston, Ma
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
Sonic yellow

Default

some good looking cars in here too. Ive got a set of 002s in black but need some new rubber for them before I throw them on anything.
ph0bic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:58 AM   #4909
AWDLV2XLR8
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 107991
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Memphis, TN
Vehicle:
2012 STi
WRB

Default

Just put em on. More to come when I adjust the ride height and wash her up.
AWDLV2XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:20 AM   #4910
blessthekellen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 273859
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Alberta.
Vehicle:
MY98
WRX

Default

Holy poke!
Cant wait to see full body shots
blessthekellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #4911
rumorco
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 299007
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver, WA
Vehicle:
2005 Subaru WRX STI
Alpine White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed05WRX

You'll need to roll and pull them! And you'll need 5mm spacer in front! Look more into this forum because many people have this set up! Just do some research..
Thanks! Should I go 5mm all around so that it doesn't look funny? Or is it not noticeable?
rumorco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #4912
Ed05WRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 319401
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Layton,Utah
Vehicle:
05 WRX
WR BLue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumorco

Thanks! Should I go 5mm all around so that it doesn't look funny? Or is it not noticeable?
I wouldn't since the rear poke out more then the front because the front fenders are wider. It'll look good. And you'll need at least some camber in the rear and mostly in the front if you don't want rubbing. You gotta play with until your satisfied. I've had friends that only roll there fenders and that's all to friends that do a ton of work! I have 17x10 +25 wheels and only rolled and got -2 in front and -4 in rear and no pull everyone is different.

Last edited by Ed05WRX; 08-19-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Ed05WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #4913
rumorco
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 299007
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver, WA
Vehicle:
2005 Subaru WRX STI
Alpine White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed05WRX View Post
I wouldn't since the rear poke out more then the front because the front fenders are wider. It'll look good. And you'll need at least some camber in the rear and mostly in the front if you don't want rubbing. You gotta play with until your satisfied. I've had friends that only roll there fenders and that's all to friends that do a ton of work! I have 17x10 +25 wheels and only rolled and got -2 in front and -4 in rear and no pull everyone is different.
Thanks! Hopefully I won't have to run too much camber.. I'm not a fan. With stretched tires, you think I'll still be rubbing? Maybe I should go with +35 and then add 5mm spacers all around to get +30 instead of +20?
rumorco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #4914
johnmx3ze
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 291213
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: hawkesbury, ontario
Vehicle:
2009 wrx
swp

Default

New pics!








Last edited by johnmx3ze; 08-19-2012 at 09:34 PM.
johnmx3ze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #4915
rumorco
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 299007
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver, WA
Vehicle:
2005 Subaru WRX STI
Alpine White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmx3ze View Post
New pics!
Specs? I'm too lazy to go back.
rumorco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #4916
johnmx3ze
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 291213
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: hawkesbury, ontario
Vehicle:
2009 wrx
swp

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumorco View Post
Specs? I'm too lazy to go back.

HAHA, xxr 522 18x9.5 +38 with falken 225/40/18 on NEO Motorsport coilovers
johnmx3ze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #4917
rumorco
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 299007
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver, WA
Vehicle:
2005 Subaru WRX STI
Alpine White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmx3ze View Post
HAHA, xxr 522 18x9.5 +38 with falken 225/40/18 on NEO Motorsport coilovers
Thanks!
rumorco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:05 PM   #4918
Ed05WRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 319401
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Layton,Utah
Vehicle:
05 WRX
WR BLue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumorco

Thanks! Hopefully I won't have to run too much camber.. I'm not a fan. With stretched tires, you think I'll still be rubbing? Maybe I should go with +35 and then add 5mm spacers all around to get +30 instead of +20?
Ya that would be better! Not as aggressive but not as much trouble either.
Ed05WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:08 PM   #4919
rumorco
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 299007
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver, WA
Vehicle:
2005 Subaru WRX STI
Alpine White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed05WRX View Post
Ya that would be better! Not as aggressive but not as much trouble either.
Do you know where I could find pictures for comparison? The thread search isnt really pulling anything up...
rumorco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #4920
Pidgeon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 284247
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Golden, Colorado
Vehicle:
2002 Wrx
MBP!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumorco

Do you know where I could find pictures for comparison? The thread search isnt really pulling anything up...
Google the exact setup you want and go from there
Pidgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #4921
typing2hard
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 254819
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Miami
Vehicle:
2007 sti
black

Default

I got some better pic's yesterday




typing2hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:51 AM   #4922
Dori Ninja
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73974
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: da grizzle!
Vehicle:
04 RSTi
PSM

Default

The test fit: )
Dori Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:31 AM   #4923
awdswag
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329853
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

Hi Guys,

I'm originally from Perth, Western Australia and there isn't too much about the XXR rims. Was wondering if someone could maybe help me. I have a 2003 Sti Wrx and i just recently purchased a set of 18x9.75 +20 offset. All my suspension is still stock as a rock etc, how much difficulty am i going to have in fitting these wheels and how much work will need to be done in order to make them fit? Thinking of running 235/40s.
If their too difficult, might probably have to sell them

Cheers guys!
awdswag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #4924
Ed05WRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 319401
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Layton,Utah
Vehicle:
05 WRX
WR BLue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdswag
Hi Guys,

I'm originally from Perth, Western Australia and there isn't too much about the XXR rims. Was wondering if someone could maybe help me. I have a 2003 Sti Wrx and i just recently purchased a set of 18x9.75 +20 offset. All my suspension is still stock as a rock etc, how much difficulty am i going to have in fitting these wheels and how much work will need to be done in order to make them fit? Thinking of running 235/40s.
If their too difficult, might probably have to sell them

Cheers guys!
Since your on stock height you won't have much
Rubbing, so Probably just a roll on all four fenders. Will look kinda funny cause of the height, but you shouldn't have much problem with stock suspension.
Ed05WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #4925
Sgt.Peppers
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 323187
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsxricky View Post






specs on those wheels?
Sgt.Peppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Enough of teh Sex threads! Remy E. LeBeau Off-Topic 18 08-19-2013 07:47 PM
teh burn thread Samuelleeogden Off-Topic 13 09-06-2005 08:28 PM
Teh Welcoming Thread.. PwNeD Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 7 10-06-2004 10:42 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.