Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday November 24, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Dealership Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #176
12WRXXX
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 329884
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Limited 5dr
Ice Silver Metallic

My experience with South Coast Subaru... Please read, I know its long...

-December 2010 I purchased a 2011 Forester XT premium from South Coast Subaru. When I bought the car I put down a cash down payment and financed the rest. After driving away I got a call 5 days later saying that my interest rate went up a whole 3%...not good.

-3 months later- First service. The super rude condescending service clerk had his mechanic put 0W20 oil in a turbo engine...it specifically states on the oil cap to use 5W30 synth only! after arguing with him he asured me that it was fine and that it did not need to be flushed. The clerk mentioned above was fired shortly after this.

-next service- I specifically told the service clerk to not wash my vehicle and they did anyways and it came out with millions of swirl scratch marks covering 100% of the paint surface.

-jump forward to 16k miles and the turbo blows out on the highway, take it in and they replace the turbo.

-When i got home i looked over all of my service records only to find that the majority of my oil changes were done with 0W20.

-I went to South Coast Subaru and talked to the service manager, the GM, and the OWNER who was the rudest of all. They basically told me I was an idiot and that 0W20 is fine in a turbo engine and if i didnt like the way they serviced vehicles to go somewhere else...after they trashed my brand new car.

-SUBARU OF AMERICA comes to the rescue

- SOA requested all of my paperwork for services and they did an investigation. They found South Coast Subaru to be in the wrong and SOA offered me 3 car payments and a 7-year 100k mile warranty and my car to be fixed properly for my troubles. After having my car in the shop for about 3 weeks they could not figure out a solution to fix it and had to deem at a LEMON because of what South Coast Subaru did to it.

- A week later SOA gave me a check for a 100% refund for my vehicle and a guarantee for a complementary 7 year 100k mile warranty if I purchased another Subaru.

- Thank you SOA for making this situation right in a timely manner. You have a Subaru owner for life!

- South Coast Subaru...I hope SOA pulls your guys' contract because you guys aren't competent enough to service your own vehicles. Your customer service is probably the worst I have ever had to deal with in my whole life.

- If you live in Orange County and you want a Subaru, go visit the peeps at Irvine Subaru. They are super professional and they take care of their customers...especially their cars.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
12WRXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #177
Psycho719
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 300901

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12WRXXX View Post
My experience with South Coast Subaru... Please read, I know its long...

-December 2010 I purchased a 2011 Forester XT premium from South Coast Subaru. When I bought the car I put down a cash down payment and financed the rest. After driving away I got a call 5 days later saying that my interest rate went up a whole 3%...not good.

-3 months later- First service. The super rude condescending service clerk had his mechanic put 0W20 oil in a turbo engine...it specifically states on the oil cap to use 5W30 synth only! after arguing with him he asured me that it was fine and that it did not need to be flushed. The clerk mentioned above was fired shortly after this.

-next service- I specifically told the service clerk to not wash my vehicle and they did anyways and it came out with millions of swirl scratch marks covering 100% of the paint surface.

-jump forward to 16k miles and the turbo blows out on the highway, take it in and they replace the turbo.

-When i got home i looked over all of my service records only to find that the majority of my oil changes were done with 0W20.

-I went to South Coast Subaru and talked to the service manager, the GM, and the OWNER who was the rudest of all. They basically told me I was an idiot and that 0W20 is fine in a turbo engine and if i didnt like the way they serviced vehicles to go somewhere else...after they trashed my brand new car.

-SUBARU OF AMERICA comes to the rescue

- SOA requested all of my paperwork for services and they did an investigation. They found South Coast Subaru to be in the wrong and SOA offered me 3 car payments and a 7-year 100k mile warranty and my car to be fixed properly for my troubles. After having my car in the shop for about 3 weeks they could not figure out a solution to fix it and had to deem at a LEMON because of what South Coast Subaru did to it.

- A week later SOA gave me a check for a 100% refund for my vehicle and a guarantee for a complementary 7 year 100k mile warranty if I purchased another Subaru.

- Thank you SOA for making this situation right in a timely manner. You have a Subaru owner for life!

- South Coast Subaru...I hope SOA pulls your guys' contract because you guys aren't competent enough to service your own vehicles. Your customer service is probably the worst I have ever had to deal with in my whole life.

- If you live in Orange County and you want a Subaru, go visit the peeps at Irvine Subaru. They are super professional and they take care of their customers...especially their cars.
Yup these guys are asshles. My dad was looking to buy a new STI from there and the sales guy was being a total douche bag. Maybe just our experience but this guy just lost a sale we also went to Irvine right after.
Psycho719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #178
Myth21
*** Banned ***
Member Sales Rating: (32)

Member#: 246851
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2007 UGM
2012 LR

Straight up, STAY AWAY from SCS.

I used to take my Subie and Acura to them for service, back when the service writers were great, year+ ago. That being said, their current subie service writers are jackasses, liars. Can't even help a repeat customer on something simple and honor my cars factory warranty MANY TIMES.

Year passed I traded in my car for a brand new WRX. Of course when it was time to finalize the deal, they found out that the KBB value for my car dropped and lowered their offer (which was bs). I really wanted to dump my car so I pulled the trigger.

After 10,000 miles my front suspension was making noise and tires were loud, again, they failed to help me out and simply lied their way out unprofessionally. I took it to Irvine and told them I had trouble getting my warranty honored at SCS and they helped me out without breaking a sweat.
Myth21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:27 AM   #179
fadynaime
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 357692

thank you guys for all these posts. Now I don't feel bad about taking my next decision. although i haven't finished my decision process on buying. But I saw and liked the Subaru Impreza Sport Limited wagon at southcoast.

but I have to agree with what i read here. but now knowing more about the service. I'm just going to go to irvine, buy from there and service there.

thanks to all the posters.
fadynaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #180
jimdangles
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 353765
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
swp

I wish there was someway to warn people before they bought their car. I never thought about researching a dealership before I buy there. Just figured they would all be pretty close to the same. From now on I will be sure too. Im about to just copy and paste my yelp review but I know I had to leave stuff out. I cant comment on service because I haven't had any done yet.

"Ill start by saying I'm only 22 but this is my 12th car and I am familiar with dealerships and their ways but this is another level of conniving and sketchy.

I first went in there during my search for a used wrx. About a week later I came back looking for a new wrx which they assured me they had the hatch in stock. I got down there and no they didn't but the salesman was waiting for me out front with a sedan. I got played and now I'm stuck at their dealership. We negotiate on a hatch they were gonna get by doing a dealer trade.

While negotiating and buying this car I was gonna have my dad cosign. They tell me that cosigning wont help my interest rate, I had to either buy the car myself or my dad had to buy it for me. (BS) They told me my rate is 7% while my dad got 3.9. I said OK well have my dad buy the car initially but I want an option contract to take to my credit union. He says no problem and then later says, "oh no, if your dad buys the car I cant take it to my credit union" So I have to take their 7% interest rate which I knew I was better than but I made it clear I want that option contract. We agree on everything. Hes even gonna throw in a 7/70k mile warranty. (nice guy).

We go into the finance room and start signing papers, I put my 4k down and then I mention to the finance guy that its an option contract right and he goes, "oh nobody told me, OK ill do that" He then proceeds to get me a little better interest rate hoping I would finance through them. I start looking at the final contract, The warranty is gonna cost me an extra 2500, I cancel that and make him re do everything. (sorry buddy). We get everything signed and then they tell me that my car will be there by tonight. They don't want me driving my car home so they give me a loaner car.

I never get a call but just decide to head down there around 9 o clock because they were gonna close. I get down there, and they tell me they couldn't get that car after all, but they had some coming in on a truck in the between the 29th and 10th. They're even gonna give me the color I wanted more originally and I got them to throw in a couple extras.

Next day I take my now voided contract to my credit union to get an idea of what my rate and all that will be.
They
A) get me a 3.75% interest rate
B) can sell me a warranty covering everything for 300 instead of 2500
C) SHOW ME THEY NEVER MARKED THE BOX OPTION CONTRACT. I would have been stuck in their finance plan til I could refinance which would have to be at least a couple months.

A few days later after talking to my credit union I go in and say hey I am only gonna put 3k down can you refund me my 1k. They have a finance guy there but he says "no you have to have a special code to give a refund" some BS. They tell me they will do it first thing Monday.

About another week passes. I go down there just because I want to take care of the paperwork, I have to tell them to refund my money (the order to refund me on Monday must have gotten "accidentally" lost). He give me the contract to my specifications (after trying to squeeze a few hundred dollars out of me without me noticing on the contract). and he says well the car is supposed to be here in 9 days at the latest so Ill just write the option contract good for 7 days. I take that to my bank and get the cashiers check and have it ready to give to them when my car arrives. I call in anonymously and figure out the EXPECTED delivery date was the 10th from the beginning. (they showed me some manufactured delivery schedule before). So i have to go in and give them my check before the car comes in (I'm not comfortable with this but I do it anyways telling myself that I just have to watch every step of this transaction and in the end I will have exactly the car I want at a good price.)

So now I know the car is coming on the 10th and I am just waiting for delivery. I got home on the 9th to find a police report saying my trade in (still legally mine at this point) was involved in a hit and run on the 2nd. OVER A WEEK AGO. I had been there since then and they never mention a word about it. My car was impounded because some A-hole took it on a test drive and couldn't handle the power (limited edition charger srt8 superbee ) and crashed it.. THIS WAS ABSOLUTELY ILLEGAL FOR THEM TO GO ON A JOY RIDE IN MY CAR when it isn't theirs yet.

Next day my car comes in just how I want it. I take the car (charger is no longer my problem) I am happy with my purchase and the price. I am just sure I wouldn't have to deal with half of this somewhere else.

Flash forward 4 weeks and they still haven't paid my loan off at the bank. The payoff has gotten larger (im sure they'll try and make me cover that) and I am dangerously close to missing a payment. I don't want my credit hurt for their incompetence

Needless to say I'm holding on to all my dated contracts and papers."

From here I can look at all the reviews and point out a few key points. I think I got a pretty fair price. 26300 for the car itself but they made the buying experience as awful as possible, multiple times did I want to pull out of the deal but my dad was saying, "it could just be a mistake" Good thing I didn't pull out after they wrecked my car. my old dodge is also now sitting on there lot with a completely accident free carfax. I dont know what else I may have left out. I will for sure be going to fullerton or irvine for service in the future.
jimdangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:44 AM   #181
willowlee
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 358533
Vehicle:
2013 sti sedan
wrb

Im looking into buying a wrx sti. From what I just read, it looks like irvine subaru is the way to go?
willowlee is offline   Reply With Quote