Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 31, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #26
ocdpvw
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 282232
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Vehicle:
2012 TP Stage 2
Bagged SWP

Default

Camera: Canon 5D2
Lens: Canon 24-70L
ISO: ISO50
Shutter Speed: 1/160
Focal Length: 38mm
Aperture: f/10
Processing: CS5
Lighting: 2 AB1600s
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ocdpvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #27
flippymcbean
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 198546
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Beaufort, South Carolina
Vehicle:
2003 Evolution VIII
Lightning Yellow

Default

^^ your ISO can go as low as 50? thats awesome!
flippymcbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:19 PM   #28
INKMAN
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 267837
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY
Vehicle:
2014 Focus ST (ST3)
Tuxedo Black

Default

That's what you get with a $3500 camera!
INKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #29
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2009 CTSV 6MT 537whp
Black Raven

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippymcbean View Post
^^ your ISO can go as low as 50? thats awesome!
You have to turn on the ISO low feature for it to go down to 50...a lot of the Canon's have that. I turned it on for my Mark III as well. Those Alien Bee's are great lights as well.
rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #30
INKMAN
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 267837
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY
Vehicle:
2014 Focus ST (ST3)
Tuxedo Black

Default

Hmmm, I don't think mine does. I see that a lot have expandable ISO up to 12800. How does that work?
INKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #31
unkicrackie99
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 252588
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Vehicle:
2009 WRX STI
WRB

Default

Camera: Canon EOS Rebel XSi
Lens: Canon 50mm f/1.8
ISO: 100
Shutter Speed: 1/500
Focal Length: 50mm
Aperture: f/1.8
Processing: Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS6



Camera: Canon EOS Rebel XSi
Lens: Canon 50mm f/1.8
ISO: 100
Shutter Speed: 1/320
Focal Length: 50mm
Aperture: f/1.8
Processing: Lightroom 4



Camera: Canon EOS Rebel XSi
Lens: Canon 70-200mm f/4L
ISO: 100
Shutter Speed: 1/40
Focal Length: 70mm
Aperture: f/16
Processing: Lightroom 4

unkicrackie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #32
INKMAN
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 267837
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY
Vehicle:
2014 Focus ST (ST3)
Tuxedo Black

Default

Nice pictures. How do you like the 70-200? I want that lens so bad!
INKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #33
unkicrackie99
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 252588
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Vehicle:
2009 WRX STI
WRB

Default

Thanks! It's not a bad lens, great for shooting motorsports. I just wish I had the f/2.8 with IS!!!
unkicrackie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #34
INKMAN
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 267837
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY
Vehicle:
2014 Focus ST (ST3)
Tuxedo Black

Default

It better be better than a "not a bad lens" for $1300! The f/2.8 is so much money. A lot of people say it's too heavy and it's not as sharp as the f/4. I don't know how true any of this is.
INKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #35
unkicrackie99
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 252588
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Vehicle:
2009 WRX STI
WRB

Default

I heard that too, I can't remember where though. I only have the cheap f/4 without the IS haha.
unkicrackie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #36
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2012 Forester 2.5X
2002 WRX Sedan

Default

Camera: Canon 5D
Lens: Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 IS
Other: Circular Polarizer
ISO: ISO800
Shutter Speed: 1/125s
Focal Length: 200mm
Aperture: f/3.2
Processing: Canon DPP and Photoshop CS6

This one was made from blending 10 photos with the circular polarizer rotated slightly for each one, in order to minimize reflections as much as possible. I really like how it turned out!

xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #37
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2012 Forester 2.5X
2002 WRX Sedan

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkicrackie99 View Post
Thanks! It's not a bad lens, great for shooting motorsports. I just wish I had the f/2.8 with IS!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by INKMAN View Post
It better be better than a "not a bad lens" for $1300! The f/2.8 is so much money. A lot of people say it's too heavy and it's not as sharp as the f/4. I don't know how true any of this is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkicrackie99 View Post
I heard that too, I can't remember where though. I only have the cheap f/4 without the IS haha.
In order of sharpness:
  1. Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS II
  2. Canon 70-200 f/4 IS
  3. Canon 70-200 f/2.8
  4. Canon 70-200 f/4
  5. Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS
I think 3 and 4 are pretty close. The two newest ones are the sharpest. The older f/2.8 IS is definitely the softest. It's the one I have. It's still quite sharp though. You'd only notice it being "soft" on 100% crops. It is an extremely useful lens, but also very heavy. Unless you absolutely need f/2.8 I would get the 70-200 f/4 IS.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #38
ocdpvw
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 282232
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Vehicle:
2012 TP Stage 2
Bagged SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsutton1223 View Post
You have to turn on the ISO low feature for it to go down to 50...a lot of the Canon's have that. I turned it on for my Mark III as well. Those Alien Bee's are great lights as well.
I love my Alien Bee's. The 1600s are perfect for all of my needs. They are rugged, decently consistent, and one of the best bangs for the buck when it comes to lighting. I'm also very much in love with my vagabond mini. It just became a pain to lug around the vagabond II.
ocdpvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #39
INKMAN
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 267837
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY
Vehicle:
2014 Focus ST (ST3)
Tuxedo Black

Default

I like it too. It just seems odd without the reflections of the side of the car though, like the paint is flat. I think it's because I'm so use to seeing it the other way.

sorry, talking about xluben's photo.
INKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #40
ocdpvw
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 282232
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Vehicle:
2012 TP Stage 2
Bagged SWP

Default

Really liking the pic xluben! No idea why I never thought of combining multiple photos with a CP filter before.
ocdpvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #41
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2012 Forester 2.5X
2002 WRX Sedan

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocdpvw View Post
I love my Alien Bee's. The 1600s are perfect for all of my needs. They are rugged, decently consistent, and one of the best bangs for the buck when it comes to lighting. I'm also very much in love with my vagabond mini. It just became a pain to lug around the vagabond II.
I've been thinking very hard about getting some AB's and Vagabond's lately. My wife wants them for weddings, but I'm sure I could find some other uses for them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by INKMAN View Post
I like it too. It just seems odd without the reflections of the side of the car though, like the paint is flat. I think it's because I'm so use to seeing it the other way.

sorry, talking about xluben's photo.
Yeah, it looks really flat, but I think with a little more work I can get it how I want. I think I need to try and keep some highlights for detail, but kill all the obnoxious window reflections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocdpvw View Post
Really liking the pic xluben! No idea why I never thought of combining multiple photos with a CP filter before.
I've done it before with multiple flash exposures to get the whole car lit. It's basically the opposite for this. For these I just did a basic "Darken" blend mode and then a few tweaks to individual layers that I wanted to change.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #42
INKMAN
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 267837
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY
Vehicle:
2014 Focus ST (ST3)
Tuxedo Black

Default

I need to buy a tri pod so I can try this. I also need to figure out how to get my Photoshop back so I can start learning how to use that!
INKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:18 PM   #43
ocdpvw
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 282232
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Vehicle:
2012 TP Stage 2
Bagged SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
I've been thinking very hard about getting some AB's and Vagabond's lately. My wife wants them for weddings, but I'm sure I could find some other uses for them...


I've done it before with multiple flash exposures to get the whole car lit. It's basically the opposite for this. For these I just did a basic "Darken" blend mode and then a few tweaks to individual layers that I wanted to change.
Yes, yes you can find many other uses for them . My wife and I use them mainly for weddings and she fell in love with the vagabond mini after a year of lugging around the vagabond II. I'd highly recommend the 1600s.

I'll have to give the multiple shot blending a go with the CP. I've done several images consisting of multiple exposures or lighting to achieve a certain look in the past, but never the CP. Cool idea!
ocdpvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:31 PM   #44
INKMAN
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 267837
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY
Vehicle:
2014 Focus ST (ST3)
Tuxedo Black

Default

Here's one I re-edited. Any opinions?

Canon T2i/ 55-250mm w/ CP filter

ISO- 200
Focal length- 220mm
Aperture- f/5.6
Shutter speed- 1/125s

INKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:55 PM   #45
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2012 Forester 2.5X
2002 WRX Sedan

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INKMAN View Post
I need to buy a tri pod so I can try this. I also need to figure out how to get my Photoshop back so I can start learning how to use that!
Mine were all shot handheld. LOL. Photoshop does a pretty good job auto aligning things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocdpvw View Post
Yes, yes you can find many other uses for them . My wife and I use them mainly for weddings and she fell in love with the vagabond mini after a year of lugging around the vagabond II. I'd highly recommend the 1600s.

I'll have to give the multiple shot blending a go with the CP. I've done several images consisting of multiple exposures or lighting to achieve a certain look in the past, but never the CP. Cool idea!
Maybe next season we'll pick them up. We've bought very little equipment in the last year.

Blending polarizations isn't anything new. Does wonders on the 3/4 shots. Straight on ones don't really need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INKMAN View Post
Here's one I re-edited. Any opinions?

Canon T2i/ 55-250mm w/ CP filter

ISO- 200
Focal length- 220mm
Aperture- f/5.6
Shutter speed- 1/125s

Http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7273/7...595bd79c_b.jpg
Looks great to me!
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:26 PM   #46
Sp2Pilot
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 267212
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Sin City
Vehicle:
2011 STI Hatch
LR

Default

Lots of Canon shooters in here, I like it.

unkicrackie99,
Your pics make me want to bust my nifty fifty back out. Nice work!


Camera: Canon 450D
Lens: Canon 70-200mm f/4 IS
Other: B+W Circular Polarizer
ISO: ISO100
Shutter Speed: 1/500s
Focal Length: 70mm
Aperture: f/4.0
Processing: NONE


_MG_2864 by 03SP2, on Flickr

Last edited by Sp2Pilot; 08-22-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Sp2Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:34 PM   #47
Guy Hollywood
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 307227
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Massachusetts
Vehicle:
2013 STi 4d
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocdpvw View Post
Camera: Canon 5D2
Lens: Canon 24-70L
ISO: ISO50
Shutter Speed: 1/160
Focal Length: 38mm
Aperture: f/10
Processing: CS5
Lighting: 2 AB1600s
What wheels are those? Not usually a fan of that style but those look really good with the white.
Guy Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:14 AM   #48
DabiDa
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 307041
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Nor*Cal
Vehicle:
2002 impreza wrx
psm

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INKMAN View Post
I think HDR is cool sometimes, but most of the time it gets out of control. What program did you use to do this? I've always just wanted to try it out so I can say I know how to do it.

Yeah i agree it can really start to make the picture pretty crazy thats why with the pics of the black cobra i held way back to keep it simple and clean.The HDR really helped out on the B&W photo of the black cobra.I use
Photomatix Pro 4 here is a link.Most people just use the AEB feature in the cam and do 3 pics i do 5 and and and just change the exp setting. Thanks for the help hope i can pick up a nice cam soon.
http://www.hdrsoft.com check out the samples on the site aswell

Last edited by DabiDa; 08-23-2012 at 12:19 AM.
DabiDa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:27 AM   #49
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2012 Forester 2.5X
2002 WRX Sedan

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabiDa View Post
Yeah i agree it can really start to make the picture pretty crazy thats why with the pics of the black cobra i held way back to keep it simple and clean.The HDR really helped out on the B&W photo of the black cobra.I use
Photomatix Pro 4 here is a link.Most people just use the AEB feature in the cam and do 3 pics i do 5 and and and just change the exp setting. Thanks for the help hope i can pick up a nice cam soon.
http://www.hdrsoft.com check out the samples on the site aswell
I think the Bugeye looks reasonable. The others are just way over the top HDR. I am not fan of that look at all. IMO, with a well done HDR you won't even know it's an HDR.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:04 AM   #50
fujiwara_yingyu
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 116351
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Richmond
Vehicle:
2009 CFRP GR WRB STI
2006 EVO IX MR

Default

Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II
shutter speed 0.008 sec (1/125)
Aperture f/11.0
Length 16-35mm
focus length 16 mm
ISO 200
X-Resolution 240 dpi
Y-Resolution 240 dpi
Lightroom 4

fujiwara_yingyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.