|09-02-2012, 11:58 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lawrence, KSVehicle:
2004 Forester XT
Any DIY rotated turbo with TMIC out there?
Ok - first off, I believe I've searched enough to warrant a new thread:
1. This subject looks like it was first broached HERE on NASIOC in 2005:
2. AMS came out with a kit in 2008:
a) NASIOC HERE
b) clubWRX.net HERE
3. IAG Performance also came out with a kit in 2008 - I don't see a price anywhere
4. P&L came out with a kit in 2008 - kit starts at $3,449
a) iwsti.com HERE
5. It was again discussed on iwsti.com in Feb of 2012 -- they mention P&L and ETS kits
6. It was discussed on NASIOC in Aug of 2012 -- a soon to be released kit by MPS was mentioned
7. The AMS kit HERE starts at $3,899 and goes up to $4,449 and it does NOT come with custom piping to get from TMIC to turbo.
8. I can't find the MPS kit by Googling. It may be out there, not sure.
9. The P&L kit is still being sold HERE for $3,449
All of these kits come with a turbo, look fantastic, well built but are extremely expensive (for me). I am wondering if I could do this myself and for much cheaper. I think I could source the rotated bits used in the classifieds, as well as a used GT30r or GT35r. Now, I'm definitely not an expert, but I think the biggest sticking points would be:
a) The turbo to Y pipe elbow
b) Intake with integrated MAF adapter
Does anyone have any experience or know exactly what I would need to do this? Am I over simplifying this? BTW, I drive a 2004 FXT. I am not interested in FMIC.