Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 28, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #76
Zeeper
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 299286
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Albany NY
Vehicle:
2012 Sport 5MT
Green/Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocellaris

Heck yeah. If I had a switch to fully disengage the rear drivetrain and gain 1 MPG, I would drive around like that 9 months out of the year.
Go trade your car for a kizashi, but your mileage would still be better with your impreza.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Zeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #77
79letour
Visiting NASIOC Timeout
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogito8888 View Post
Soooo, this was bothering me too the other day, wanted to slide couldn't had to resort to the hand brake.

However I did some digging according to the Forester people the VDC can be killed by removing the abs fuse in the fuse box.
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulle...-thread-82168/

I looked at our fuse box under the hood looks almost Identical to the forester fuse box. May try removing it over the weekend and see what happens, seems to be the same fuse and everything.

Also I have a 5spd so may be different for cvt
Cool. Try that out and let us know what happens! That sounds like a lot of fun, killing two birds with one FUSE
79letour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #78
pkL
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313093
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver Area
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
5-door Sport. Dark Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeper View Post
Go trade your car for a kizashi, but your mileage would still be better with your impreza.
The Kizash? I've seen like one of them on the road to date.
pkL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #79
TObject
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320185
Join Date: May 2012
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i

Default

I used to get only one MPG less in a Kizashi than what I am getting now in a 2012 Impreza. And the Kizashi is 250 lbs heavier.
TObject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #80
pkL
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313093
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver Area
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
5-door Sport. Dark Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TObject View Post
I used to get only one MPG less in a Kizashi than what I am getting now in a 2012 Impreza. And the Kizashi is 250 lbs heavier.
But you would agree the Impreza is more awesome no?
pkL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #81
79letour
Visiting NASIOC Timeout
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

I've just never personally thought much of Suziki "cars".
79letour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #82
Cogito8888
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328981
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Fairfax Va
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
Hatch 5MT Camellia Red

Default

Ok guys pulled the "abs sol" fuse under the hood. On the dash hill assist, abs, cel, traction off, and vdc lights went off.

Did some skid pad like testing and found no VDC interference, speed sensitive steering was also diabled, steering felt noticeably heavier, but in no way undriveable. I also did an emergency stop and got the brakes to lock up. After which TPMS light would flash.

Put the fuse back in started the car, cel and VDC light were on and stayed on. No functionality from the traction control button. Tried driving around a bit, restarted the car a few times with no change.

Unplugged battery by taking off and putting back the negative terminal. While unplugged pumped the brake. After reattaching the negative terminal, started the car, took a second but started. After starting as expected dash was totally clean.

Verdict... I believe we are free of the nanny state for doing dumb ****, autocross, rallycross and what have you. All you need is a wrench for the battery. Not as easy as a button but it will do.

If some one could do some further testing on snow or dirt that would be more definitive.

Last edited by Cogito8888; 09-01-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Cogito8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #83
TObject
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320185
Join Date: May 2012
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkL

But you would agree the Impreza is more awesome no?
Kizashi is a better car overall. Impreza has slightly better steering, AWD standard on all models, rear seats that fold level, available hatchback, and marginally better fuel economy.

Subaru has a much better dealer network in the USA.
TObject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:40 AM   #84
pkL
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313093
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver Area
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
5-door Sport. Dark Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79letour View Post
I've just never personally thought much of Suziki "cars".
Talk about a rare car.
pkL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:16 AM   #85
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkL

Talk about a rare car.
Quite a few of them out here
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:36 AM   #86
boudy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 174665
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
Blue

Default The title of this thread is "('11+) 2012 Impreza 2.0i Stability Control Function"

Hey thread polluters, please exercise a little discipline and post other topics where they belong: in their own thread. Comments about FWD vs AWD, Impreza vs. other models are IRRELEVANT NOISE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkL View Post
The Kizash? I've seen like one of them on the road to date.
boudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #87
pkL
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313093
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver Area
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
5-door Sport. Dark Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudy View Post
Hey thread polluters, please exercise a little discipline and post other topics where they belong: in their own thread. Comments about FWD vs AWD, Impreza vs. other models are IRRELEVANT NOISE.
Okay forum police. Thanks for contributing to the topic.
pkL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #88
jsteg
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 329271
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Lady's Island, SC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Limited
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xafen View Post
Slightly off-topic, but your awesome autocross video also showcases one of the 2 things that irk me just slightly. You have to turn the wheel a lot to get anywhere. Even just turning a corner takes a full 360 degree turn of the wheel. Yes it has an awesome turning radius, but I just wish it turned faster. (The only other thing I don't love about the car is no automatic locks =0)
Exaggerate much?!?!
jsteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #89
pkL
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313093
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver Area
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
5-door Sport. Dark Grey

Default

Well not every car has a turning radius like a smart, so that's just pushing it. I actually think the turning radius is pretty good.
pkL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #90
Yuck
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 327734
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Quebec
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza sdn MT
DGM

Default

Have you tried going above 4k RPM? It cuts off, at least, in the Canadian vehicles

Before unplugging your battery, with the fuse in, did you test to see if you would have VDC interference?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogito8888 View Post
Ok guys pulled the "abs sol" fuse under the hood. On the dash hill assist, abs, cel, traction off, and vdc lights went off.

Did some skid pad like testing and found no VDC interference, speed sensitive steering was also diabled, steering felt noticeably heavier, but in no way undriveable. I also did an emergency stop and got the brakes to lock up. After which TPMS light would flash.

Put the fuse back in started the car, cel and VDC light were on and stayed on. No functionality from the traction control button. Tried driving around a bit, restarted the car a few times with no change.

Unplugged battery by taking off and putting back the negative terminal. While unplugged pumped the brake. After reattaching the negative terminal, started the car, took a second but started. After starting as expected dash was totally clean.

Verdict... I believe we are free of the nanny state for doing dumb ****, autocross, rallycross and what have you. All you need is a wrench for the battery. Not as easy as a button but it will do.

If some one could do some further testing on snow or dirt that would be more definitive.
Yuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #91
Cogito8888
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328981
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Fairfax Va
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
Hatch 5MT Camellia Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuck View Post
Have you tried going above 4k RPM? It cuts off, at least, in the Canadian vehicles.

Before unplugging your battery, with the fuse in, did you test to see if you would have VDC interference?

1. Are you saying that in the Canadian cars if you keep the RPM above 4k than the VDC will not interfere?

2.Or that with the fuse out about 4k RPM the car cuts out.

If 1 than I can't say for sure either way as I didn't specifically test this.

If 2 than this did not happen to me I'm sure I unintentionally went above 4k and nothing strange happened

With fuse in it definitely would, the VDC light would flash above the speedometer whenever I gave the car a lot of steering angle at speed trying to get the car to slide a little.

Last edited by Cogito8888; 09-04-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Cogito8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #92
79letour
Visiting NASIOC Timeout
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudy View Post
Hey thread polluters, please exercise a little discipline and post other topics where they belong: in their own thread. Comments about FWD vs AWD, Impreza vs. other models are IRRELEVANT NOISE.
ok- what say ye about the topic then?
79letour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #93
79letour
Visiting NASIOC Timeout
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkL View Post
Well not every car has a turning radius like a smart, so that's just pushing it. I actually think the turning radius is pretty good.
The turning radius IS good! As good as any car I've owned. FEELS as tight as my 96 and 97 Jettas, and they were lauded for their U-turn abilities.
79letour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #94
jsteg
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 329271
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Lady's Island, SC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Limited
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkL
Well not every car has a turning radius like a smart, so that's just pushing it. I actually think the turning radius is pretty good.
Nobody ever said it wasn't a good turning radius.
jsteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #95
Yuck
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 327734
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Quebec
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza sdn MT
DGM

Default

I meant that with the fuse out, above 4k RPM, my engine would cut off (or it slowed down the RPM progression drastically, if that makes sense)



Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogito8888 View Post
1. Are you saying that in the Canadian cars if you keep the RPM above 4k than the VDC will not interfere?

2.Or that with the fuse out about 4k RPM the car cuts out.

If 1 than I can't say for sure either way as I didn't specifically test this.

If 2 than this did not happen to me I'm sure I unintentionally went above 4k and nothing strange happened

With fuse in it definitely would, the VDC light would flash above the speedometer whenever I gave the car a lot of steering angle at speed trying to get the car to slide a little.
Yuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #96
79letour
Visiting NASIOC Timeout
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteg View Post
Nobody ever said it wasn't a good turning radius.
Hey I was just agreeing with above post and adding a few (rare these days) nice comments about the car.
79letour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:37 AM   #97
pkL
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313093
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver Area
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
5-door Sport. Dark Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79letour View Post
Hey I was just agreeing with above post and adding a few (rare these days) nice comments about the car.
Aww..man don't be so negative. It really does suck though with your horrible experience with your car.
pkL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #98
79letour
Visiting NASIOC Timeout
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

Lol I WAS being positive
I'm trying to "make lemonade". Even bought some WeatherTech liners when I was in a good mood the other day!
Another POSITIVE- I'm still holding a small glimmer of hope that enough folks have problems for either a Subaru-fix or a class action type deal.
If the next WRX is actually based on the new Impreza, that could also be fun, if enough parts interchange.
79letour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #99
Zeeper
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 299286
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Albany NY
Vehicle:
2012 Sport 5MT
Green/Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79letour View Post
Another POSITIVE- I'm still holding a small glimmer of hope that enough folks have problems for either a Subaru-fix or a class action type deal.
Don't hold your breath on a class-action lawsuit. How many drivers on NASIOC have identified a problem with oil consumption?

I think you can count them on one hand. Good luck finding a lawyer to take that case on for you -- maybe Orly Taitz will be available soon...

They probably will come through with a fix, Rexygirl has already spoken about your particular car and the next oil consumption test.

But yet you continue to rant -- why not give it a rest and give Maestro a chance to deal with your issue before you cause them to tell you to take a hike, as well.
Zeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #100
jsteg
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 329271
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Lady's Island, SC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Limited
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeper

Don't hold your breath on a class-action lawsuit. How many drivers on NASIOC have identified a problem with oil consumption?

I think you can count them on one hand. Good luck finding a lawyer to take that case on for you -- maybe Orly Taitz will be available soon...

They probably will come through with a fix, Rexygirl has already spoken about your particular car and the next oil consumption test.

But yet you continue to rant -- why not give it a rest and give Maestro a chance to deal with your issue before you cause them to tell you to take a hike, as well.
Yeah I have no oil consumption problems so far at 1800 miles.
jsteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 Impreza 2.0i Gas Mileage Thread Benchmark General Community 934 10-08-2013 02:49 PM
[REQUEST TO MODS] 2012 Impreza 2.0i only forum please? tornado542 General Community 10 04-26-2012 05:07 PM
2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Break-In Period Arseezy Newbies & FAQs 7 02-14-2012 08:28 PM
Impreza 2.0i durid Newbies & FAQs 2 02-07-2012 03:54 PM
Anybody in SCIC-land taken possession of 2012 Impreza 2.0i yet? somebody else Southern California Impreza Club Forum -- SCIC 1 12-29-2011 11:31 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.