Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday August 27, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 01:16 AM   #8851
Jive Turkey
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 219492
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Soviet Russia
Vehicle:
'13 Hachi-Roku
Discontinued.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor91 View Post
lol alright and i will have to call and see if they still have them in stock.. and yea whatever color just make sure its not like bright pink or something.. bright is okay just not pink

send one of these
orange
white
bright yellow
bright green
or whatever else you can think of lol
let me go to my local stores and see what i can think off...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:33 AM   #8852
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2012 Forester 2.5X
2002 WRX Sedan

Default

Here's a new video I did. 3rd gear pulls. 50-100mph is in the 4.6-4.7sec range. Not quite as good as if I used 2nd gear, but not far off!

xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:43 AM   #8853
Gregor91
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 259434
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2012 wrx sedan
SOLD :/

Default

hell yea xluben makes me want to start upgrading stuff so bad whenever i get my daily beater its going down lol
Gregor91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #8854
Jive Turkey
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 219492
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Soviet Russia
Vehicle:
'13 Hachi-Roku
Discontinued.

Default

i'd make a video of my 50-100 but it would just be embarrassingly slow
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #8855
Celery GT-5
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 98210
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium 6MT
WRB

Default

so jive u still want to send me paint? lol
Celery GT-5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #8856
Po12no
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 302281
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Michagin
Vehicle:
2012 STI
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor91
Jive if you send me some paint I'll paint These 17 inch motegis I might be getting because they're 350 bucks brand new and they weigh 16.5 lbs

But here are the colors in picking from for my wheels

Hyper silver or Same color I have now (gunmetal) but a shade or two lighter

Here is the current color
What wheels are those?
Po12no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #8857
RancerEvorution
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 235190
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: North Jersey
Vehicle:
2011 STi
WRB

Default

are you using a gopro to film your gauges?
RancerEvorution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #8858
soco691
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 308069
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Premium
WRB

Default

Selling my car...who wants it?
soco691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #8859
RM_2
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 163058
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Central Indiana
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX
SWP Hatchback

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soco691 View Post
Selling my car...who wants it?
Why are you selling?
RM_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #8860
soco691
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 308069
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Premium
WRB

Default

I drive a lot so I need something more efficient, plus I'm working on buying a house the this car payment isn't helping me lol.. The car is awesome in every way possible. I just can't seem to justify keeping it at this time
soco691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #8861
Jive Turkey
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 219492
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Soviet Russia
Vehicle:
'13 Hachi-Roku
Discontinued.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celery GT-5 View Post
so jive u still want to send me paint? lol
only if i choose the color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soco691 View Post
I drive a lot so I need something more efficient, plus I'm working on buying a house the this car payment isn't helping me lol.. The car is awesome in every way possible. I just can't seem to justify keeping it at this time
same boat sort of. going brz next, what are you looking into?
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #8862
Celery GT-5
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 98210
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium 6MT
WRB

Default

just show me first..lol
Celery GT-5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #8863
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2012 Forester 2.5X
2002 WRX Sedan

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RancerEvorution View Post
are you using a gopro to film your gauges?
I am using a Canon G12 on a suction cup mount. I haven't tried the GoPro, but I would expect that not having a screen would make it nearly impossible to get aimed correctly. If you leave it on one of the wider angle modes you could probably get the cluster, but it wouldn't be as tight of a shot.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #8864
gregroot198521
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280844
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: hEll Paso
Vehicle:
2006 STi
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey
same boat sort of. going brz next, what are you looking into?
Ditto for me, but I'm working on hopping into an '07 STi rather than something newer. Same ($7 lower/ 6 months) insurance, lower payments, has the LSDs and 6 speed, and there is a larger abundance of replacement parts out there and the off-roading bits I'm wanting too.
gregroot198521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #8865
gregroot198521
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280844
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: hEll Paso
Vehicle:
2006 STi
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben
I am using a Canon G12 on a suction cup mount. I haven't tried the GoPro, but I would expect that not having a screen would make it nearly impossible to get aimed correctly. If you leave it on one of the wider angle modes you could probably get the cluster, but it wouldn't be as tight of a shot.
They have an LCD screen option, Ben, or there is the wifi remote accessory for it too, IIRC, it allows you to view what the camera sees on a smart phone. Not sure how large a G12 is, but I'll guess the GoPro is most likely smaller too. Not sure how people could stand anything like it attached to a helmet though, seems too much like having an INVS (our night vision scope, for you civilian minded folks) on one of the k-pods (Kevlar helmet) with a rhino mount (what it sounds like, a mount that mounts from the "forehead" of the helmet). Saying it'd be awkward for that purpose, in car seems pretty good though.
gregroot198521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #8866
soco691
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 308069
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Premium
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey

only if i choose the color.

same boat sort of. going brz next, what are you looking into?
Not sure yet.. I have another car for now so I may just drive that for now till it dies
soco691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #8867
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2012 Forester 2.5X
2002 WRX Sedan

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
They have an LCD screen option, Ben, or there is the wifi remote accessory for it too, IIRC, it allows you to view what the camera sees on a smart phone. Not sure how large a G12 is, but I'll guess the GoPro is most likely smaller too. Not sure how people could stand anything like it attached to a helmet though
Yeah, I've seen the screen. Seems a bit spendy and kills some of the GoPro's allure (makes it a lot larger). The G12 is a lot bigger than a GoPro, but it's small enough to work fine for the speedo vids. It sits right next to my head the way I have it mounted on the window. I don't think it would work with a helmet on. The suction cup mount I have for it looks very similar to the GoPro suction cup mount. For automotive videos I'd much rather have the camera (GoPro or other) mounted to the car. Seems like it would be a lot less nauseating vs on a helmet.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #8868
smeerone
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 249068
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Miami, Fl.
Vehicle:
2010 WRX
DGM Phatbotti Tuned

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregroot198521

They have an LCD screen option, Ben, or there is the wifi remote accessory for it too, IIRC, it allows you to view what the camera sees on a smart phone. Not sure how large a G12 is, but I'll guess the GoPro is most likely smaller too. Not sure how people could stand anything like it attached to a helmet though, seems too much like having an INVS (our night vision scope, for you civilian minded folks) on one of the k-pods (Kevlar helmet) with a rhino mount (what it sounds like, a mount that mounts from the "forehead" of the helmet). Saying it'd be awkward for that purpose, in car seems pretty good though.
The wireless feature for the smartphone isnt available until latter part of the year. Just an FYI.
smeerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #8869
Gregor91
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 259434
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2012 wrx sedan
SOLD :/

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po12no

What wheels are those?
Custom painted avant gardes they only come in matte black for 5x100
Gregor91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #8870
gregroot198521
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280844
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: hEll Paso
Vehicle:
2006 STi
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben
Yeah, I've seen the screen. Seems a bit spendy and kills some of the GoPro's allure (makes it a lot larger). The G12 is a lot bigger than a GoPro, but it's small enough to work fine for the speedo vids. It sits right next to my head the way I have it mounted on the window. I don't think it would work with a helmet on. The suction cup mount I have for it looks very similar to the GoPro suction cup mount. For automotive videos I'd much rather have the camera (GoPro or other) mounted to the car. Seems like it would be a lot less nauseating vs on a helmet.
I was more talking about using it on a helmet for the other motorsports, or mountain biking, skiing/snowboarding, etc. They seem too bulky for that purpose. I'll try to post a picture later, since the photobucket ap wants to be a whore right now. Definitely would want the main camera attached in a stable position on the car itself for our purposes though. Maybe a aux camera like the smaller tube designed action cams put there. You should post a pic of how you've got the camera mounted, kinda curious how it's next to your head, unless you're really short, then I guess I can figure it out easily, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeerone

The wireless feature for the smartphone isnt available until latter part of the year. Just an FYI.
Didn't know it still hadn't released. Sheesh, could've sworn they had said summer 2012 last, though I suppose they do technically have a couple more weeks before its no longer "summer".

Edit: stupid photobucket uploaded it 7 times and told me it failed all 7 tries too. :SMH:

Last edited by gregroot198521; 09-05-2012 at 02:58 PM.
gregroot198521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #8871
smeerone
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 249068
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Miami, Fl.
Vehicle:
2010 WRX
DGM Phatbotti Tuned

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregroot198521
I was more talking about using it on a helmet for the other motorsports, or mountain biking, skiing/snowboarding, etc. They seem too bulky for that purpose. I'll try to post a picture later, since the photobucket ap wants to be a whore right now. Definitely would want the main camera attached in a stable position on the car itself for our purposes though. Maybe a aux camera like the smaller tube designed action cams put there. You should post a pic of how you've got the camera mounted, kinda curious how it's next to your head, unless you're really short, then I guess I can figure it out easily, lol.

Didn't know it still hadn't released. Sheesh, could've sworn they had said summer 2012 last, though I suppose they do technically have a couple more weeks before its no longer "summer".

Edit: stupid photobucket uploaded it 7 times and told me it failed all 7 tries too. :SMH:
Ure correct they did say summer, however its bs. I have both the wifi remote and the app on stand by waiting on this release. If u check the gopro forums all the info is their. If course u could get the lcd backpac and it serves as a screen to see what ure filming.
smeerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #8872
Improbus
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 278439
Join Date: Mar 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pa, USA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 4dr Stage2+
OBP

Default

This is going to sound random but has anyone had their stock OEM wheels paint bubble and peel off? I just had new wheels put on my WRX and the shop took off the old wheels dismounted the tires to pull the TPMS sensors for the new wheels. In the process of dismounting the tires 3 of the 4 wheels paint cracked and peeled off along the edge and outer face of the wheel. This is a reputable shop and they know what they are doing so to me it seems like a defect but when I called two different dealers they said the wheels would need to be remounted for them to do a warranty claim and that just bringing them by in a truck for them to inspect isn't acceptable. What a PITA.... sorry venting.
Improbus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #8873
RM_2
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 163058
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Central Indiana
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX
SWP Hatchback

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improbus View Post
This is going to sound random but has anyone had their stock OEM wheels paint bubble and peel off? I just had new wheels put on my WRX and the shop took off the old wheels dismounted the tires to pull the TPMS sensors for the new wheels. In the process of dismounting the tires 3 of the 4 wheels paint cracked and peeled off along the edge and outer face of the wheel. This is a reputable shop and they know what they are doing so to me it seems like a defect but when I called two different dealers they said the wheels would need to be remounted for them to do a warranty claim and that just bringing them by in a truck for them to inspect isn't acceptable. What a PITA.... sorry venting.
Not the first time I've seen this happen although it hasn't happened to myself.
RM_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #8874
gregroot198521
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280844
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: hEll Paso
Vehicle:
2006 STi
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeerone

Ure correct they did say summer, however its bs. I have both the wifi remote and the app on stand by waiting on this release. If u check the gopro forums all the info is their. If course u could get the lcd backpac and it serves as a screen to see what ure filming.
Got one already. That's why the GoPro is so fat in my pic.
gregroot198521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:30 PM   #8875
rosedaleny806
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202070
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Queens, NYC/East Meadow, NY
Vehicle:
2012 WRX GR WRB
2002 WRX GD PSM

Default







rosedaleny806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
('11-'14) 2011-2012 wrx/sti picture thread (for real this time) guamanian_powered Impreza Forum 151 04-29-2014 08:35 AM
01-07 wrx and sti drivetrain? xj bmx Newbies & FAQs 13 01-26-2012 03:30 PM
('11-'14) 2011 wrx/sti picture thread (for real this time) guamanian_powered Impreza Forum 1 11-16-2011 11:51 PM
Anyone have the 06-07 Impreza WRX and STI master part number and picture list STEALTH-WRX Interior & Exterior Modification 0 08-22-2008 02:12 PM
The Official World One STI and SEMA picture thread.. WorldOne Member's Car Gallery 25 11-29-2003 05:21 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.