Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday September 19, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #1526
imcausinmadrukis
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318978
Join Date: May 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchjjohnson View Post
Ya, that's the same thing I plan on doing. I've thought about plasti dipping all the chrome, but decided against it. Do you have a pic of your grill, myrt?
If must have been the lighting. It looks all black from the picture you posted.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
imcausinmadrukis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #1527
myrt1987
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 323103
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: toms river, nj
Vehicle:
2012 Limited 2.0i
Dreamy Gray Mistress

Default

also pdipped wheels
myrt1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #1528
mitchjjohnson
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 330003
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Tucson, AZ
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0
White Pearl

Default

Looks good man. I think that's what I'm going with too. I now have my weekend project.
mitchjjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #1529
djorion87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328408
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Williamsport, PA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchjjohnson View Post
Just finished installing my spoiler and I couldn't wait till morning to take pictures.

Since plasti dipping my wheels I have added the roof rack, splash guards and the spoiler. Here's the pictures:





Next upgrades: Plasti dip the grill, tint the tail lights
Looks awesome! Thought it was a sport for a second. Those wheels look great.
djorion87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #1530
uspopo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 317014
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY/CA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited CVT
ISM

Default

Agreed, those rims look awesome in black.
uspopo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #1531
mitchjjohnson
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 330003
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Tucson, AZ
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0
White Pearl

Default

@djorion 87 - Thanks, I'm pretty happy with it too. lol. I originally wanted a sport, but couldn't resist a great offer the dealer gave me on the limited non-sport instead. I looked into putting the sport roof rack on it, but when I found out it would cost ~$1000 for all the parts, I decided to just spend the $150 on the regular one.

@uspopo - The passenger side, what is shown, isnt as good as the drivers side. The passenger side was my first try at plasti dip and I learned some things which I implemented for the drivers side. Here's a pic of the drivers side which I'm much happier with:
mitchjjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #1532
kenny doggins
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326540
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Oakland, CA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza MT SP
DGM

Default Lil' Scrappy


suba by KENNYDOGGINS, on Flickr

Been lurking for a minute, finally posting a pic.

KB short shifter + bushings, Rally Armor flaps that I raised in the back by a half inch or so, plasti-dipped dipped grille and badges, Weather Techs, dirt.

In need of tint, Fumoto Valve, Prim. Racing skidplate, and probably 19mm RSB then we're just fine. Looking forward to new tires after these are done
kenny doggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #1533
ST Eye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73068
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2008 STI Boost Wagon
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrt1987 View Post
also pdipped wheels
Sorry to be OT. I don't know if I already told you this, but I'm am also a Rowan alumni. I also used to live in Howell, not too far from you!
ST Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #1534
myrt1987
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 323103
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: toms river, nj
Vehicle:
2012 Limited 2.0i
Dreamy Gray Mistress

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Eye View Post
Sorry to be OT. I don't know if I already told you this, but I'm am also a Rowan alumni. I also used to live in Howell, not too far from you!
Lol nice what year you graduate?


Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchjjohnson View Post

@uspopo - The passenger side, what is shown, isnt as good as the drivers side. The passenger side was my first try at plasti dip and I learned some things which I implemented for the drivers side. Here's a pic of the drivers side which I'm much happier with:
Thats nice. I need to add another layer or two to get that smooth glossier look.
myrt1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:45 PM   #1535
ST Eye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73068
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2008 STI Boost Wagon
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Default

2001. Judging from your name I take it you graduated in 2009?
ST Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #1536
myrt1987
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 323103
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: toms river, nj
Vehicle:
2012 Limited 2.0i
Dreamy Gray Mistress

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Eye View Post
2001. Judging from your name I take it you graduated in 2009?
2011 BSME

...got a job and bought a new car. only thing better then debt is more debt. lol




On topic: I need more inexpensive mods for my car. Other then tint and maybe side deflectors, not sure what to add. Any ideas what would look decent on my dgm beauty?

I would like footwell leds but install seems like a bi***
Maybe rsb bar but expensive and im happy with suspension as is
sti lip? thinkin it will be barely noticeable with dgm
maybe some nice flame decals

Last edited by myrt1987; 09-18-2012 at 08:56 PM.
myrt1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:14 PM   #1537
ST Eye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73068
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2008 STI Boost Wagon
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrt1987 View Post
2011 BSME

...got a job and bought a new car. only thing better then debt is more debt. lol




On topic: I need more inexpensive mods for my car. Other then tint and maybe side deflectors, not sure what to add. Any ideas what would look decent on my dgm beauty?

I would like footwell leds but install seems like a bi***
Maybe rsb bar but expensive and im happy with suspension as is
sti lip? thinkin it will be barely noticeable with dgm
maybe some nice flame decals
Damn I'm old!

Since you have a limited, have you thought of putting in a reverse camera? It's a cheap mod that is useful!
ST Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:35 PM   #1538
chanomatik
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Eye View Post
Damn I'm old!

Since you have a limited, have you thought of putting in a reverse camera? It's a cheap mod that is useful!
For some reason I thought you were older, like mid-30's. I'm 28, Class of '03!

I vote for the reverse camera mod as well.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:02 AM   #1539
ST Eye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73068
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2008 STI Boost Wagon
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Default

I am 33, not quite mid thirties but almost! Did you ever get your WRX's repair paid for?

A reverse camera ran me about 50.00 in total. One of the cheapest practical mods I have done.
ST Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #1540
Reverend_
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 315019
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Omaha, NE
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 5-Door
Ice Silver Metallic

Default



Gonna be putting these '05 WRX/Legacy 16" rims on my Impreza. I'll just be using the rims, as those tires are pretty bald from it's previous owner.

They need to be cleaned up, obviously. I'm not sure if I want to paint them or not yet since they're in such great shape to begin with.
Reverend_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #1541
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny doggins
suba by KENNYDOGGINS, on Flickr

Been lurking for a minute, finally posting a pic.

KB short shifter + bushings, Rally Armor flaps that I raised in the back by a half inch or so, plasti-dipped dipped grille and badges, Weather Techs, dirt.

In need of tint, Fumoto Valve, Prim. Racing skidplate, and probably 19mm RSB then we're just fine. Looking forward to new tires after these are done
How do you like the shifter?

And that pic convinces me to do the rally armor before it snows
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #1542
kenny doggins
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326540
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Oakland, CA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza MT SP
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
How do you like the shifter?

And that pic convinces me to do the rally armor before it snows
I love the shifter. Make sure and do the bushings too though, I think some people get lazy and don't get under there. Put mine on 4 jack stands and it was pretty easy.

The Rally Armors are great, the rear was like a half inch lower than the front, I guess because of the natural sag of the rear end or whatever. Someone somewhere on here said they put 1" lift on the rear, don't know where but I'll go lookin, curious to see a pic of that. I just drilled holes a half inch lower than the original ones and it looks way better and less flappy. And now the front and rear flaps sit the same distance off the ground. I get OCD about that stuff but it's all better now
kenny doggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #1543
chanomatik
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Eye View Post
I am 33, not quite mid thirties but almost! Did you ever get your WRX's repair paid for?

A reverse camera ran me about 50.00 in total. One of the cheapest practical mods I have done.
Oh yeah! I never updated you guys. I'll provide a pic to keep it somewhat on-topic (picture thread )


I need to write SoA a Thank You letter. They were very nice and reasonable. I did tell them thank you in our last conversation when they informed me that I was getting reimbursed. The dealership is still on my bad side a little bit, but they've been gradually improving their customer dealings since my whole non-warranty transmission fiasco in July/August.

Car is running better than brand new since the shifter was faulty from the factory.

I'm still eyeing the 4G Impreza, but it's just hard to bite down on right now as a single guy with disposable income. If I had a wife or even a steady girlfriend I'd get the 4G Impreza (or Crosstrek) in a heartbeat.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:55 PM   #1544
ST Eye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73068
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2008 STI Boost Wagon
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Default

Good to hear that they took care of you. Did it cost more than $1500.00? Regarding your disposable income, why don't you upgrade to a STI?
ST Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:50 AM   #1545
Reverend_
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 315019
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Omaha, NE
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 5-Door
Ice Silver Metallic

Default


My base Impreza isn't quite so "base" anymore. Installed Sway bar and put on '05 WRX 16" alloys! I thought it handled well BEFORE the sway bar! It's like a whole new car now!
Reverend_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:53 AM   #1546
uspopo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 317014
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY/CA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited CVT
ISM

Default

Very nice! The RSB is a must upgrade on the 12-13 Impreza...
uspopo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #1547
chanomatik
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Eye View Post
Good to hear that they took care of you. Did it cost more than $1500.00? Regarding your disposable income, why don't you upgrade to a STI?
Sorry, I missed this somehow.

The shop that did the work made sure it cost exactly $1500 since they're my buddies. I thought the local dealership people were my buddies, too, seeing as how I've gone there for 6 years, bought my car from there and my brother bought his 2011 STI Limited from there last fall, but all that didn't entitle my case or car being fought for with SoA, so I had to take on SoA myself.

I had an STI. I didn't get an STI again because I've come to realize that, honestly, the STI is more purpose-built towards competition. I never make time to compete, so as a daily driver the STI is overkill. The increased 2MPG of the WRX and being 200lbs light AND having one less gear to row through is what appealed to me. for what I wound up paying for the WRX Limited back in August of 2010 I could've just got a base STI, but I just HAD to have a sunroof.

I hate that Subaru makes you compromise with these cars. WHY can't we have black leather interior with all of the cars? Wouldn't it just cost less? Who really WANTS ivory interior? Seriously? It just seems counter-intuitive to think of Subaru's go anywhere attitude and then accepting their white interior. SMH.

MPG is still important to me, so I'm still not interested in the STI, currently. I drove the 2010 STI. I liked it, but it just felt heavy, although solid. Currently I'm waiting to accept delivery of a certain RWD coupe that I ordered back in April that should be arriving next week, so that's where I'll be spending my disposable income.

Thanks for the concern!

@Reverend_: I'm so jealous!
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #1548
MACaMillion
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 313534
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza
Satin White Pearl (WHI)

Default

what type of sway bar did you install?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend_ View Post

My base Impreza isn't quite so "base" anymore. Installed Sway bar and put on '05 WRX 16" alloys! I thought it handled well BEFORE the sway bar! It's like a whole new car now!
MACaMillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #1549
Reverend_
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 315019
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Omaha, NE
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 5-Door
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACaMillion View Post
what type of sway bar did you install?
Just the stock 16mm for now. I was thinking of upgrading to the STi bar, but I'd have to replace the front and rear one with that. Didn't want to spend that much JUST yet. Maybe down the road, but right now I like how it's handling!
Reverend_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #1550
saabarupp
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 189032
Join Date: Sep 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh
Vehicle:
2007 Sti Ltd 413/800
'12 Impreza Sport Ltd DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
Sorry, I missed this somehow.

The shop that did the work made sure it cost exactly $1500 since they're my buddies. I thought the local dealership people were my buddies, too, seeing as how I've gone there for 6 years, bought my car from there and my brother bought his 2011 STI Limited from there last fall, but all that didn't entitle my case or car being fought for with SoA, so I had to take on SoA myself.

I had an STI. I didn't get an STI again because I've come to realize that, honestly, the STI is more purpose-built towards competition. I never make time to compete, so as a daily driver the STI is overkill. The increased 2MPG of the WRX and being 200lbs light AND having one less gear to row through is what appealed to me. for what I wound up paying for the WRX Limited back in August of 2010 I could've just got a base STI, but I just HAD to have a sunroof.

I hate that Subaru makes you compromise with these cars. WHY can't we have black leather interior with all of the cars? Wouldn't it just cost less? Who really WANTS ivory interior? Seriously? It just seems counter-intuitive to think of Subaru's go anywhere attitude and then accepting their white interior. SMH.

MPG is still important to me, so I'm still not interested in the STI, currently. I drove the 2010 STI. I liked it, but it just felt heavy, although solid. Currently I'm waiting to accept delivery of a certain RWD coupe that I ordered back in April that should be arriving next week, so that's where I'll be spending my disposable income.

Thanks for the concern!

@Reverend_: I'm so jealous!
To me an STI is a perfect daily driver, unless of course you want it to be comfortable, smooth, quite, efficient, cheap, inconspicuous........ Good thing i don't care about any of those things.
saabarupp is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
07 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition Speakers *BRAND NEW* Jonny07subie Interior/Dressup/Audio & Security 0 08-10-2007 03:13 PM
FS: LAMCO Boost Gauge (you know the stock one) meridock MAIC Private Classifieds 7 04-30-2007 06:50 PM
What happened to Member #100,000 (You know... the guy from Sri Lanka.) snvin Off-Topic 4 12-23-2005 01:02 PM
Hey Kosai, I saw you! (you know the drill, "not subie!") RandyF North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 16 04-26-2000 12:54 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.