Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday July 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
antifeik
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329212
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE
Default Ordering Impreza 2013

Hi guys, I stumble with this forum researching on the Imprezas, ever since "snowmageddon" in the NE, I made a promise to myself that the next car I make payments on it was going to be Subaru. I finally got all my ducks in a row, I ordered a 2013 Impreza limited 4 door. The car had to be ordered, I ordered from the dealer on 9/8/12, the dealer said 6 to 8 weeks, now they just sent me an email that states that Subaru is saying December!! : (
I would appreciate some some inputs
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
antifeik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #2
ans2k
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315631
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bryant, AR
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport

Default

sucks, i know some people on here waited something like 96 days from the day of order to get their car. lucky for me, i bought one on the lot.
ans2k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #3
dan-it
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 333407
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: FTL
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza WRX

Default

I don't know that I would preorder a car. I picked mine off the lot :-)
dan-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #4
ans2k
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315631
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bryant, AR
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-it View Post
I don't know that I would preorder a car. I picked mine off the lot :-)
well some people just want to buy a car how they want to build it. luckily for me, my car had everything i wanted but the color. i said oh well, learned to love the color.
ans2k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:37 AM   #5
arsa13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326909
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Des Plaines
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Default waiting...

I ordered my '13 Impreza back on 8/8/12 and there's STILL no update... STILL. Going on week 8 now.
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #6
Piper
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 32242
Join Date: Jan 2003
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Jet City
Vehicle:
2014 Forester XT
2015 WRX (still waiting)

Default

I ordered mine on 7/16/12 and Subaru accepted it on 8/4/12 (when ordering formally opend for the '13's). I just contacted them and they tell me I'm on the November invoice for delivery to the dealer.
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #7
uspopo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 317014
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY/CA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited CVT
ISM

Default

I had a deposit on a XV and every other day I would check the dealers website inventory on the Imprezas for *****s and giggles when I saw a 2012 DGM Sport Limited with all the options I wanted already installed at Port so I called my dealer back to confirm the car was in inventory and I jumped on it and took delivery at the end of July. Nice little break on insurance since the 2013s were due to arrive in a month or so...
uspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #8
antifeik
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329212
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
I ordered mine on 7/16/12 and Subaru accepted it on 8/4/12 (when ordering formally opend for the '13's). I just contacted them and they tell me I'm on the November invoice for delivery to the dealer.
I know, this waiting sucks, i just hope i get mine before the first storm here in the NE. May i ask you, who did you contacted? The dealer or SOA?
antifeik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #9
Piper
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 32242
Join Date: Jan 2003
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Jet City
Vehicle:
2014 Forester XT
2015 WRX (still waiting)

Default

https://www.subaru.com/shopping-tools/contact-us.html

Just note your VON (Vehicle Order Number) in the email. If you don’t have one, be sure to share all your pertinent info including the dealer you placed the order through. When my odered was placed with Subaru I had the dealer provide me a copy of the order. It has the VON, and was a double-check to ensure the order was correct.

Here's the respone I got from Subaru:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...&postcount=107

Last edited by Piper; 09-27-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #10
superwhale
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 330187
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Tustin, CA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP

Default

I just ordered mine as well. Being in So Cal there arn't any limited wrx models anywhere so I had to order mine. Dealer said 8-10 weeks on mine as well, but I'm not holding my breath.
superwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #11
winglik
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317022
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Ordering a Subaru is a long wait. I tried it, ordered a 12', waited 8 weeks and they ordered me the wrong color. Thank god I got lucky and went to my local dealer last month, they had the exact one that i wanted in stock. I got it without waiting for another 8 weeks. I thought this only apply to the 5 doors, I didn't know the wait period is the same for 4 doors. Sometime I question why I need to wait 8 week for a economy car? Similar cars like the Civic, Mazda3 and Focus are everywhere.

But it's a great car, so it's worth the wait. Good luck!
winglik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #12
arsa13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326909
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Des Plaines
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
https://www.subaru.com/shopping-tools/contact-us.html

Just note your VON (Vehicle Order Number) in the email. If you don’t have one, be sure to share all your pertinent info including the dealer you placed the order through. When my odered was placed with Subaru I had the dealer provide me a copy of the order. It has the VON, and was a double-check to ensure the order was correct.

Here's the respone I got from Subaru:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...&postcount=107
That's a good idea. Can SoA give you your VON? I don't have mine and I'm thinking of contacting them to try and find out some more info.

It's getting colder out, and riding my bike to and from work is going to be harder and harder. The dealer promised me a loaner for a couple weeks so I'm really anxious, especially with others already getting '13's. I'm going on 8 weeks now, so hopefully the end is near!
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #13
Piper
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 32242
Join Date: Jan 2003
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Jet City
Vehicle:
2014 Forester XT
2015 WRX (still waiting)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsa13 View Post
That's a good idea. Can SoA give you your VON? I don't have mine and I'm thinking of contacting them to try and find out some more info.
Iím not certain, but itís worth a try. I had my dealer send me a PDF of the order as submitted to Subaru. For me, it was to verify the order was correct. Also, having the VON lets you track the order directly with Subaru avoiding the dealer altogether.
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:21 AM   #14
Chingyul
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 333537
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Alberta
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza 5dr
Touring DGM

Default

Guess we're a bit lucky here in Canada.
Walked into the dealer Wednesday, where they just got a fresh batch of '13s the day before.

Going to pick up my first Subbie on Wednesday. '13 5 Door Impreza Touring CVT.


Debating if want to get the rear cargo tray and seat back protectors though.
Chingyul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:58 AM   #15
ans2k
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315631
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bryant, AR
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingyul View Post
Guess we're a bit lucky here in Canada.
Walked into the dealer Wednesday, where they just got a fresh batch of '13s the day before.

Going to pick up my first Subbie on Wednesday. '13 5 Door Impreza Touring CVT.


Debating if want to get the rear cargo tray and seat back protectors though.
congrats and yes and yes. they are both useful together. but if you just wanted one, the rear tray would be more useful than the back seat protector. i have both and i certainly use both. most of the time it is usually just me or me and my girlfriend. so usually have the back seats down and throw my stuff in the back. i was really glad to have both when i moved out of my apartment because some of the stuff would have torn up my seat or floor.
ans2k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:41 AM   #16
pkL
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313093
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver Area
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
5-door Sport. Dark Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingyul View Post
Guess we're a bit lucky here in Canada.
Walked into the dealer Wednesday, where they just got a fresh batch of '13s the day before.

Going to pick up my first Subbie on Wednesday. '13 5 Door Impreza Touring CVT.


Debating if want to get the rear cargo tray and seat back protectors though.
I have both and I think they're definitely worth the money, since the cloth seats fabric frays easily, so if you carry something with your seats folded down chances are the fabric would get destroyed.
pkL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #17
tomwi53092
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 316315
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Mequon, WI
Vehicle:
2012 Imp HB/Prem/CVT
DCP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans2k View Post
congrats and yes and yes. they are both useful together. but if you just wanted one, the rear tray would be more useful than the back seat protector. i have both and i certainly use both. most of the time it is usually just me or me and my girlfriend. so usually have the back seats down and throw my stuff in the back. i was really glad to have both when i moved out of my apartment because some of the stuff would have torn up my seat or floor.
I too have both, and they are well worth the price. I've hauled landscaping bricks and many other things from the hardware store, have taken a camping trip with the back filled with stuff. I never worry about it. If the plastic scuffs a little, that's OK, that's what it's there for.

Vacuuming the covers is much easier and faster than carpet.
tomwi53092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #18
pgh88
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 316756
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkL View Post
I have both and I think they're definitely worth the money, since the cloth seats fabric frays easily, so if you carry something with your seats folded down chances are the fabric would get destroyed.
I don't carry anything and my drivers side cloth started fraying about 4 months after I got my sport. Dealer replaced it under warranty and all seems fine now
pgh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:23 AM   #19
pkL
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313093
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver Area
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
5-door Sport. Dark Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh88 View Post
I don't carry anything and my drivers side cloth started fraying about 4 months after I got my sport. Dealer replaced it under warranty and all seems fine now
That's good except it's going to be a recurring problem, the fabric frays easily. I just went out and got some seat covers (before my seats had a chance to fray that is).
pkL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #20
bluepearly
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 331437
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Vancouver
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza
Marine blue pearl

Default

I waited exactly 4 weeks for my 2013 Impreza, received it the day after Labour Day. In fact, I got it for less than the 2012's they had on the lot. Dealers in my area were really holding on to the few 2012's remaining as they were such hot commodities.

I also used an auto broker, perhaps they have access to inventory or better connections? I'm hoping to get the weathertech mats for the front, I don't like the look of the rubber but they're easier to keep clean I think.
bluepearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:42 AM   #21
arsa13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326909
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Des Plaines
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepearly
I waited exactly 4 weeks for my 2013 Impreza, received it the day after Labour Day. In fact, I got it for less than the 2012's they had on the lot. Dealers in my area were really holding on to the few 2012's remaining as they were such hot commodities.

I also used an auto broker, perhaps they have access to inventory or better connections? I'm hoping to get the weathertech mats for the front, I don't like the look of the rubber but they're easier to keep clean I think.
Damn... I'm still waiting. Now it's been 8 weeks and counting! Thanks for nothing Subaru!!! Guess you don't want an easy sale!!!
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #22
mickeykool
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332436
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

I picked up my 2013 about 3 weeks ago now I'm thinking my CVT is having issues. Not sure if its normal or just need to break in.

Every time I pull out of parking space then put shifter from R to D then slowly press gas peddle nothing happens till about 2 inches into the peddle the car jerks, or i call it lightly spins the wheels.

I have an 2011 outback and it didn't do this when i got the car.

Anyone w/ the 2013 experiencing it. I did take it in dealership and they say its fine.

I know I should post this on a new thread but since I'm new I need to post 3 replies first.
mickeykool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #23
M45
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 333446
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza SL CVT
DGM

Default

I've noticed this. I think it takes a little longer than you expect to shift from R to D and vice-versa.
M45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:42 AM   #24
WStrembitsky
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 323877
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Limited
DGM

Default

It's normal, just give it a second or two before hitting the gas.
WStrembitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #25
antifeik
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329212
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE
Default

Anybody still waiting on their order?
antifeik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.