Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday October 1, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #1
Schrecken
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 241697
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Shark City, CA
Vehicle:
'04 WRX
PSM

Default The "what should I do next?" thread

We see variations of this question all day long...
-"shud i git teins or a bov?"
-"new tires or new rimzz?"
-"im stage2 what should i get next for 400hp?"
-"hey guys brand new 2012 wrx hatch how do i make it hella flush?"
-"i have a leaky turbo but i want MOAR POWR what do i do next?"
Usually they start with ignorant questions like this and end in flames.

Occasionally you'll find a thread with a legitimate question from someone on the fence about where to go for their next mod but they're few and far between. That's where this thread comes in! Everyone's car is at different stages and different levels of modification so it is understandable to have unique questions/situations.

Rules of the game thread:
Question Giver
1. You must have already read Unibomber's Manifesto and any other FAQ's/stickies that apply.
2. You must tell us your model year and type of car.
3. You must give us a brief but coherent description of current mods.
4. You must give us your immediate goals and primary usage(dd, track, etc.)
5. You must give a set of multiple choice options
6. You must have already researched the options you give us

Answer Giver
1. No flames
2. No random or off-topic suggestions
3. Once a question has been answered, do not continue to beat a dead horse
4. Give legitimate reasons and advice
5. Quote the question you're answering

Note
This thread is designed to be fun but also help guide people with legitimate questions about what to do next in their build. There are thousands of options out there and sometimes you'll find yourself on the fence. A little push in one direction or the other might help you out.

Hopefully this works! Who knows, maybe it'll just turn into a crapstorm.
----- ----- ----- ----- -----

I'll go first:
2004 WRX sedan.
daily driver, mostly freeway, but like some spirited mountain drives on the weekend. function always trumps fashion for me.
Currently running OTS cobb stage1. Catless uppipe, all shifter upgrades(tic pivot bushing, tic linkage update, kartboy shift lever, kartboy front and rear stay bushings), H6 rear brakes, tranny crossmember bushings, and rear endlinks.

I CANNOT for the life of me decide what to do next, but here are my options:

a) front and rear sway bars(i would get the front endlinks too)
b) MOAR bushings(rear diff mount and outrigger bushings, steering rack bushings, tranny and engine mounts)
c) d-specs or koni inserts to go with the sti springs sitting in my closet
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Schrecken; 09-25-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Schrecken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
Uncle Scotty
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 16200
Join Date: Mar 2002
Vehicle:
OK Houston
we have an Uncle

Default

dspecs...com c front tops and the swaybars/endlinks......hd cowl stays...rear subframe lockbolts....'comfort' alk

and pretty much done for teh easy stuff
Uncle Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
Schrecken
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 241697
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Shark City, CA
Vehicle:
'04 WRX
PSM

Default

I was kinda hoping you'd say that, even though they are the most expensive option. Thanks Scotty.

Off to a good start--who is next?
Schrecken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:30 PM   #4
Uncle Scotty
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 16200
Join Date: Mar 2002
Vehicle:
OK Houston
we have an Uncle

Default

the path to enlightenment is neither the easiest nor most often followed
Uncle Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:27 AM   #5
bugeyetex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 283815
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: San Antonio
Vehicle:
2003 psm wrx wagon
Built Fuji Tough

Default

I know you didn't list it, but why not a DP? This is the first (or second) mod that most do and is the most bang for the buck for an early upgrade.

AND, off your list, start with sways imo
bugeyetex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:31 AM   #6
DontCare
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 327422
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Vehicle:
2012 Subaru WRX
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrecken
We see variations of this question all day long...
-"shud i git teins or a bov?"
-"new tires or new rimzz?"
-"im stage2 what should i get next for 400hp?"
-"hey guys brand new 2012 wrx hatch how do i make it hella flush?"
-"i have a leaky turbo but i want MOAR POWR what do i do next?"
Usually they start with ignorant questions like this and end in flames.

Occasionally you'll find a thread with a legitimate question from someone on the fence about where to go for their next mod but they're few and far between. That's where this thread comes in! Everyone's car is at different stages and different levels of modification so it is understandable to have unique questions/situations.

Rules of the game thread:
Question Giver
1. You must have already read Unibomber's Manifesto and any other FAQ's/stickies that apply.
2. You must tell us your model year and type of car.
3. You must give us a brief but coherent description of current mods.
4. You must give us your immediate goals and primary usage(dd, track, etc.)
5. You must give a set of multiple choice options
6. You must have already researched the options you give us

Answer Giver
1. No flames
2. No random or off-topic suggestions
3. Once a question has been answered, do not continue to beat a dead horse
4. Give legitimate reasons and advice
5. Quote the question you're answering

Note
This thread is designed to be fun but also help guide people with legitimate questions about what to do next in their build. There are thousands of options out there and sometimes you'll find yourself on the fence. A little push in one direction or the other might help you out.

Hopefully this works! Who knows, maybe it'll just turn into a crapstorm.
----- ----- ----- ----- -----

I'll go first:
2004 WRX sedan.
daily driver, mostly freeway, but like some spirited mountain drives on the weekend. function always trumps fashion for me.
Currently running OTS cobb stage1. Catless uppipe, all shifter upgrades(tic pivot bushing, tic linkage update, kartboy shift lever, kartboy front and rear stay bushings), H6 rear brakes, tranny crossmember bushings, and rear endlinks.

I CANNOT for the life of me decide what to do next, but here are my options:

a) front and rear sway bars(i would get the front endlinks too)
b) MOAR bushings(rear diff mount and outrigger bushings, steering rack bushings, tranny and engine mounts)
c) d-specs or koni inserts to go with the sti springs sitting in my closet
Swaybars for handling.
DP for power.
DontCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:33 AM   #7
Schrecken
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 241697
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Shark City, CA
Vehicle:
'04 WRX
PSM

Default

Not looking for power right now. You guys are breaking all of the answer giver rules.

C'mon, let's get another question from someone on the fence about their next mod!
Schrecken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:07 AM   #8
Zefy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 105104
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada
Vehicle:
1979 BRAT / 01 RSTI
99 2.5TS (DEAD) / 87 GL

Default

all right, I will give this a whirl.

Torn on what kind of motor I should build for my project.

The car is a 1979 subaru brat. General idea of what is currently done to the car:

1990 ej22e running electromotive tec3 standalone
87 RX full time 4wd trans w/ clutch type rear LSD
2.5rs brakes and hubs all round
1990 legacy rear suspension
Hotbits gravel spec coilovers all round (impreza fitment)

aaaand all the supporting bits to go along with a full drivetrain swap like this. I'm currently working on getting the bed sorted out and a roll bar made. Just got a jd^2 model 3 tubing bender so I will be making that shortly then it will be 'roadworthy'.

Here is a little video I made of the first test drive with the new everything...


This ej22, although 'freshly rebuilt' (5 years ago...) probably won't last very long as it has been frozen a few times during cold winters (no antifreeze, just water).

So my choices in my mind are as follows. I have a couple different engines available or are easy to get. NO, a cosworth longblock with huge turbo is NOT an option.

A couple of restrictions with how the car is currently setup. must use ej22e heads. I know they suck, but they are dainty compared to ej251 or DOHC heads and they are the only option that will fit in the frame rails while still allowing the subframe to fit.

1) high compression Frankenstein motor with ej22e heads and ej251 block. There are lots of things I can do with this. Cams, roller rockers and headwork probably netting the most gain as these heads are so restrictive. Worried about how quickly the power will drop off in the higher revs with this setup.

2) ej22 with some sort of forced induction. Supercharger or turbo, either will require EXTENSIVE modification to fit properly. Turbo probably more so as the 'stock' turbo location is occupied with a lot of wiring currently.

3) other ideas...? stroker...?

I also made a set of roller barrel ITBs while I was in school. They are sitting in a shoebox currently... I based the design off wgknestrick's setup. I oddly do not have a picture of the finished setup... here is a model though.



These could be incorporated if I could find a benefit besides being neato. So what say you?

Last edited by Zefy; 09-26-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Zefy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:22 AM   #9
Schrecken
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 241697
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Shark City, CA
Vehicle:
'04 WRX
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefy View Post
all right, I will give this a whirl.

Torn on what kind of motor I should build for my project.

The car is a 1979 subaru brat. General idea of what is currently done to the car:

1990 ej22e running electromotive tec3 standalone
87 RX full time 4wd trans w/ clutch type rear LSD
2.5rs brakes and hubs all round
1990 legacy rear suspension
Hotbits gravel spec coilovers all round (impreza fitment)

aaaand all the supporting bits to go along with a full drivetrain swap like this. I'm currently working on getting the bed sorted out and a roll bar made. Just got a jd^2 model 3 tubing bender so I will be making that shortly then it will be 'roadworthy'.

Here is a little video I made of the first test drive with the new everything...

http://youtu.be/nZkNNf1CFX4

This ej22, although 'freshly rebuilt' (5 years ago...) probably won't last very long as it has been frozen a few times during cold winters (no antifreeze, just water).

So my choices in my mind are as follows. I have a couple different engines available or are easy to get. NO, a cosworth longblock with huge turbo is NOT an option.

A couple of restrictions with how the car is currently setup. must use ej22e heads. I know they suck, but they are dainty compared to ej251 or DOHC heads and they are the only option that will fit in the frame rails while still allowing the subframe to fit.

1) high compression Frankenstein motor with ej22e heads and ej251 block. There are lots of things I can do with this. Cams, roller rockers and headwork probably netting the most gain as these heads are so restrictive. Worried about how quickly the power will drop off in the higher revs with this setup.

2) ej22 with some sort of forced induction. Supercharger or turbo, either will require EXTENSIVE modification to fit properly. Turbo probably more so as the 'stock' turbo location is occupied with a lot of wiring currently.

3) other ideas...? stroker...?

I also made a set of roller barrel ITBs while I was in school. They are sitting in a shoebox currently... I based the design off wgknestrick's setup. I oddly do not have a picture of the finished setup... here is a model though.



These could be incorporated if I could find a benefit besides being neato. So what say you?
Alright so this one might be a little bit out of my league but I'll shoot you some things to think about which might help you decide.

First, motor-swapping a Brat is not the most common thing in the world but it has definitely been done. I'm thinking the few people that have done it probably went the path of least resistance, which in this case would be some kind of Frankenmotor like you mention in option 1.

What kind of power are you looking to produce, because even 200hp in that thing is gonna be crazy fast.

When dealing with a car/build that has so little aftermarket/community support, it would probably be smartest to go with whatever support is available. I'm SURE you've been researching this A LOT more than me, but the turbo route seems to be a lot harder and requires a lot more custom fabrication.
Schrecken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:45 AM   #10
bugeyetex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 283815
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: San Antonio
Vehicle:
2003 psm wrx wagon
Built Fuji Tough

Default

I agree, I like less complicated NA power over turbo, but it takes some dedication to get good #'s out of NA. As far as the complexity of the turbo swaps, look at VW vans. They swap in 2.2's and 2.5's and even some H6 goodness, but there are only a couple wrx (turbo) powered vans in the world due to the added complexity.
bugeyetex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:39 AM   #11
Uncle Scotty
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 16200
Join Date: Mar 2002
Vehicle:
OK Houston
we have an Uncle

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeyetex View Post
I agree, I like less complicated NA power over turbo, but it takes some dedication to get good #'s out of NA. As far as the complexity of the turbo swaps, look at VW vans. They swap in 2.2's and 2.5's and even some H6 goodness, but there are only a couple wrx (turbo) powered vans in the world due to the added complexity.
ya CANT get 'good #'s' outta subaru na motors

been tried and failed.....and ya could spend $10k on an na motor and still make LESS power than a stock usdm 2.0 wrx motor with JUST a mbc on it
proven and posted here

there are LOTS and LOTS of fi subaru motors put in na subarus all over the world
Uncle Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:31 AM   #12
Schrecken
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 241697
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Shark City, CA
Vehicle:
'04 WRX
PSM

Default

Again, it depends on what kind of power you're trying to produce. When you decide on an answer to that question, then you'll have an answer for what kind of motor to put in there.

A built NA motor will be fun and way more power than stock--but if you're looking for head-turning numbers at the strip, you'll need a FI setup.
Schrecken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:35 AM   #13
Zefy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 105104
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada
Vehicle:
1979 BRAT / 01 RSTI
99 2.5TS (DEAD) / 87 GL

Default

'good #'s' is really relative. Honestly, 135hp from my stock ej22 is a GREAT # compared to the stock ea71 at 63hp. So a mild built ej25 frankenmotor would probably fairly entertaining.

And as far as lots of ej22 swaps running around in brats is very true. Being in a gen1 brat like mine is much more rare. It is quite a bit more difficult to do because you cannot use your factory trans and the frame rails are not wide enough. So yes, I have widened the frame rails. And this is also why I cannot use anything except ej22e heads. ej25 heads are actually the same width, but they are taller so to use other heads would also mean a custom subframe. I know of a couple gen1's with this swap done.

If I were to get +-175hp from a high compression motor I would think that's fantastic. Making a supercharger kit kind of like what reddevil did would also be not super complicated...

I think making my itb's function with perhaps a few other nifty things would be fun as well. This car is a tinkerer and it will most likely stay like that forever.
Zefy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:47 AM   #14
Schrecken
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 241697
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Shark City, CA
Vehicle:
'04 WRX
PSM

Default

Definitely sounds like an awesome project car.

Who's next?! We are doing great so far!
Schrecken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:37 AM   #15
kayetealynn
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 253304
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Eagle River, AK
Vehicle:
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
Plus MOAR

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrecken View Post
Question Giver
1. You must have already read Unibomber's Manifesto and any other FAQ's/stickies that apply.
2. You must tell us your model year and type of car.
3. You must give us a brief but coherent description of current mods.
4. You must give us your immediate goals and primary usage(dd, track, etc.)
5. You must give a set of multiple choice options
6. You must have already researched the options you give us
1. Yes. Do I remember them? Not so much..it's been awhile since I've consulted them.
2. 2008 Subaru WRX
3. Built short block w/ forged internals, stock sized Weisco pistons; PnP'd heads with Ferrea +1mm valves, Ferrea dual valve springs, GSC stage 2 cams; KillerB oil pickup, pan, tray; 11mm oil pump; Blouch TD06-20gxt; BMI intake; AVO turbo inlet; Perrin FMIC; TGV deletes; secondary air pump delete; DW 850cc injectors; Walbro fuel pump; AIS methanol injection; Invidia Catless DP + Q300 exhaust; ACT HD clutch; Swaybars; springs; rear suspension bushings; the list goes on and on...
4. I don't even know anymore...the car has been down for a year while I put together the "perfect" motor and since then I've found myself with a fulltime autocross STC class beater project RS and I gave in and purchased a BRZ this month...But the car is finally finished and I will be tuning it with a friend this weekend but so far it seriously hauls balls...and I've fallen in love again with driving a FAST car..I guess I'd love to see how far I can go with it..and frankly the motor all together parts wise cost upwards of $6000.00 and I want to... I dunno...enjoy it?
5. a)Save up the transmission which it will surely need, b)upgrade the suspension to truly handle the power potential I've given it, c)Go in search of more power and dump the 20g for a borg and rotated setup w/supporting fuel mods and hope the transmission doesn't go d)sell it, grow up and start being more responsible since I'm almost 25 now e)move to the states (I live in Alaska) where they actually have real track days and go nuts, f)All of the above except D

Yes...I'm sort of bored. :-/ I feel like it should be the weekend already goddamnit.

Last edited by kayetealynn; 09-28-2012 at 05:57 PM.
kayetealynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:33 AM   #16
mpristave
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 284761
Join Date: Jun 2011
Vehicle:
2012 WRX

Default

unibombers manifesto does things like rips on buying blowoff valves and intercoolers for stock WRXs, meanwhile my blowoff valve on my '12 needed to be upgraded when running 21psi (stock cracked) and an intercooler upgrade realy helped alleviate heat soak in the hot las vegas desert.

I'm not saying it doesn't know what its talking about i'm just saying don't take it as a bible.
mpristave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:44 AM   #17
pearljam11
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 113335
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Downingtown, Pa
Vehicle:
04 wrxVF39 282/266
05 STi AgileTuned 320/352

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpristave
unibombers manifesto does things like rips on buying blowoff valves and intercoolers for stock WRXs, meanwhile my blowoff valve on my '12 needed to be upgraded when running 21psi (stock cracked) and an intercooler upgrade realy helped alleviate heat soak in the hot las vegas desert.

I'm not saying it doesn't know what its talking about i'm just saying don't take it as a bible.
Yeah look in the BOV sticky. It specifically says the stock bpv is only able to handle less than 20psi
pearljam11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:47 AM   #18
Black94Snake
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 274499
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: RI
Vehicle:
2007 CGM VF'd WRX
12.70 @ 108.4mph

Default

Do you two guys take the time to realize when all of that was written?

you would think that maybe in the last 7 to 8 years of the manufacturer may have upgraded some of their parts

Last edited by Black94Snake; 10-07-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Black94Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #19
Schrecken
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 241697
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Shark City, CA
Vehicle:
'04 WRX
PSM

Default

D and E are pretty much impossible for us to say because they're both life mods instead of car mods.

I would skip C for now. Like you said, you just spent a ton of money and time making such a great build--may as well tune it and enjoy it for a while.

I think A or B are gonna be your best bet, but I'm leaning toward B. Unfortunately they're both so different I can't really say without knowing more about your goals and how the car performs with all that power.



Quote:
Originally Posted by kayetealynn View Post
1. Yes. Do I remember them? Not so much..it's been awhile since I've consulted them.
2. 2008 Subaru WRX
3. Built short block w/ forged internals, stock sized Weisco pistons; PnP'd heads with Ferrea +1mm valves, Ferrea dual valve springs, GSC stage 2 cams; KillerB oil pickup, pan, tray; 11mm oil pump; Blouch TD06-20gxt; BMI intake; AVO turbo inlet; Perrin FMIC; TGV deletes; secondary air pump delete; DW 850cc injectors; Walbro fuel pump; AIS methanol injection; Invidia Catless DP + Q300 exhaust; ACT HD clutch; Swaybars; springs; rear suspension bushings; the list goes on and on...
4. I don't even know anymore...the car has been down for a year while I put together the "perfect" motor and since then I've found myself with a fulltime autocross STC class beater project RS and I gave in and purchased a BRZ this month...But the car is finally finished and I will be tuning it with a friend this weekend but so far it seriously hauls balls...and I've fallen in love again with driving a FAST car..I guess I'd love to see how far I can go with it..and frankly the motor all together parts wise cost upwards of $6000.00 and I want to... I dunno...enjoy it?
5. a)Save up the transmission which it will surely need, b)upgrade the suspension to truly handle the power potential I've given it, c)Go in search of more power and dump the 20g for a borg and rotated setup w/supporting fuel mods and hope the transmission doesn't go d)sell it, grow up and start being more responsible since I'm almost 25 now e)move to the states (I live in Alaska) where they actually have real track days and go nuts, f)All of the above except e

Yes...I'm sort of bored. :-/ I feel like it should be the weekend already goddamnit.
Schrecken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:04 AM   #20
Schrecken
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 241697
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Shark City, CA
Vehicle:
'04 WRX
PSM

Default

Keep seeing derp posts. Still determined to make this work.
Schrecken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:55 AM   #21
meanjoaquin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309723
Join Date: Feb 2012
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
PSM

Default

Vehicle: 2003 WRX
New short block, VF39, AccessPort (Pro tune), AP UEL header, FMS up pipe, COBB TBE, COBB heat shield, Perrin turbo blanket, pinks, TurboXS TMIC, SPT Intake, turbo inlet, Walbro 255

Tokico spring and strut combo, TruHart trailing arms and lateral links, 2006 WRX F+R Brakes, KB short shifter, knob, and bushings

I want to start doing some autocross, and overall just do more stuff to it, haha. So here are my questions:
Sway Bars - I was wanting to get Eibach 22mm F/22mm adjustable rear set because it has a very decent price at $290. Would there be any advantage of going for another brand?

Wheels - used silver SSR Type C's with used tires OR new gold Enkei RPF1's with new tires

and Grimmspeed or Cobb boost control solenoid?

Any other suggestions?
Pic for a visual:
meanjoaquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:05 AM   #22
Black94Snake
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 274499
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: RI
Vehicle:
2007 CGM VF'd WRX
12.70 @ 108.4mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanjoaquin
Vehicle: 2003 WRX
New short block, VF39, AccessPort (Pro tune), AP UEL header, FMS up pipe, COBB TBE, COBB heat shield, Perrin turbo blanket, pinks, TurboXS TMIC, SPT Intake, turbo inlet, Walbro 255

Tokico spring and strut combo, TruHart trailing arms and lateral links, 2006 WRX F+R Brakes, KB short shifter, knob, and bushings

I want to start doing some autocross, and overall just do more stuff to it, haha. So here are my questions:
Sway Bars - I was wanting to get Eibach 22mm F/22mm adjustable rear set because it has a very decent price at $290. Would there be any advantage of going for another brand?

Wheels - used silver SSR Type C's with used tires OR new gold Enkei RPF1's with new tires

and Grimmspeed or Cobb boost control solenoid?

Any other suggestions?
Pic for a visual:


Paint sideskirts and add the aeroguards and strakes.
Black94Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:09 AM   #23
meanjoaquin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309723
Join Date: Feb 2012
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black94Snake View Post
Paint sideskirts and add the aeroguards and strakes.
That's actually on my to-do list, but it brings up a question I had. The black side skirts are textured, are they paintable? Do they get sanded smooth?
meanjoaquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:36 AM   #24
Black94Snake
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 274499
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: RI
Vehicle:
2007 CGM VF'd WRX
12.70 @ 108.4mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanjoaquin
That's actually on my to-do list, but it brings up a question I had. The black side skirts are textured, are they paintable? Do they get sanded smooth?
A body shop took care of mine, but they were already painted black when I bought them. One could assume that they would know what to do.
Black94Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.