Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Motorsports

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:23 PM   #26
Vaughn Performance
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 170489
Chapter/Region: SCIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zozza8 View Post
My buddy Robert drives this car. 3R has some sweet S60R's that just dominate also!
Very quick car/some very quick and consistent driving make for a tough pair to beat! Did he ever mention what it was that cost him all that time on Sunday? He looked absolutely unstoppable for the first half of their last race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concillian View Post
I was there with the family on Sunday. My wife and daughter's first race day. My wife had way more fun than she thought she would. She loved the sounds of the AutoGP and Trofeos.

WTCC was the draw, but I thought every other race was more fun than the WTCC race. The USTCC with two classes racing at the same time really made things interesting and the sounds of the Trofeos and AutoGP were incredible compared to the WTCC cars. Wonder what happened with the Volvo... it was SO far ahead @ halfway, then slowly lost ground.

My buddy was cheering on the USTCC Honda Fit. It was definitely a crowd favorite. People in the grandstand cheered everytime it puttered by us.

I had never been to Infineon, I was blown away at how abysmal the view is from the main grandstand. I really don't think they could have picked a worse spot for it.

I wish I took a picture of them "towing" one of the AutoGP cars. Strap around the front and back and just lift the whole damn car with the tow hook. With it dangling off there it was entertainment when the tow truck went over that temporary speed bump they had on the drag strip and the car swung all around.
Awesome! Always good to get the family to come out to races. Even better if they enjoy it haha Now it will be easier to convince them to come out to future races with ya.

Yeah, the WTCC aren't quite as aurally pleasing as some of the other classes, but I would say have the closest/most intense races (my opinion anyway). Very door to door and fender to fender racing for the full 30. I agree that the high revving V8's do make a beautiful noise though.

It is pretty entertaining to see how they "tow" cars haha. But when you gotta get a track green you do what you have to haha As for the fit, I think he had some trans issues, what it sounded like when he'd go by anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draken View Post
Best view is across the track, up on the concrete benches.
Yeah I wasn't big on the grand stand either, good to watch the start/finish but not much else. We really like the concrete stands on the turn 8-9 side of the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draken View Post
It was. I did an article for Roadracing World Magazine on Macau GP 2008, so we had full "press on course" passes. Being the token Americans, the local kids running the corner stations would let us stand on their flag boxes to take pics. Or lean over the guardrails, run across the track during a red flag session etc. We even taught a few how to properly display a waving yellow. By day 3, they gave us their extra lunch box meals, so we were like family. A few shots:
Very, very, cool stuff! You really don't get much closer then that (in every way) then where you guys we're. Fantastic photos by the way!

-Anthony
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Vaughn Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #27
zozza8
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 118486
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
PSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughn Performance View Post
Very quick car/some very quick and consistent driving make for a tough pair to beat! Did he ever mention what it was that cost him all that time on Sunday? He looked absolutely unstoppable for the first half of their last race.

He didnt say, I know they had a couple issues with control arms a race or two ago. He also had mentioned that the car just kills tires, so maybe they had ran out of tires?
zozza8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:01 AM   #28
Paulie
Top Scoob 001

Member#: 16565
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Aspen White

This was a very cool weekend for sure. I was there as well. Kinda a crazy story of how I got there, but that's not the intention of this post, haha.

I will be in Macau though next month to see Chevy take it's 3rd manufacturer victory in a row though

- Paulie
Paulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #29
masterw00t
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 232294
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2007 WRX STI
Black

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing. I especially enjoyed the kiss/hello kitty, got me some ideas for my car now lol
masterw00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #30
Vaughn Performance
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 170489
Chapter/Region: SCIC

No problemo! Glad you guys are enjoying them.

@Paulie, man, I wanna go to Macau! Some guys get all the luck haha

-Anthony
Vaughn Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #31
Weasel 555
world rally chucklehead

Member#: 4168
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
13 ST
Black with Sparkely bits

good stuff thanks for sharing