Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday September 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
monkeyracer
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 308583
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
OBP/DGM 5-Sp

Default Front Underspoiler - Aftermarket options?

When I ordered my Sport Premium back in January, I originally wanted to order it with the underspoiler and strake kit port installed, but since these aren't popular options, the dealer wanted a $500 non-refundable deposit on the vehicle order. I hadn't had financing worked out, and didn't want to risk losing the $500 (since that was more than the price of the options anyway) and opted to have them installed at the dealership. Well, the car came, and financing was apparently so tight that they couldn't "squeeze in" the amount of those options into the numbers, so I took delivery without those options.

Now, I have a little cash burning a hole in my pocket that is set aside for the underspoiler, and I found a dealership nearby that has them for a great price, but still at $275, I wonder if there is anything aftermarket that would achieve the same or different look for the same or less price. I've looked, but I am hoping some of you guys have connections to aftermarket companies that may be looking into this kind of thing. (I assume most don't look twice at this model though since it's not a WRX sibling.) I'd even be willing to wait while someone develops something, as long as I knew it was in the process.

I almost think I can get enough Fiberglass supplies to make my own and have something completely custom for that same $275, and while I'm at it, maybe knock out a rear sub enclosure and rear diffuser too. That would require a lot of labor on my part though, so an aftermarket option would be nice.

Any ideas?
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote