Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #26
mickeykool
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332436
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

Ahh ok thanks for the tip.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
mickeykool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #27
cole70
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334033
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza SP
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antifeik View Post
Anybody still waiting on their order?
I ordered my Impreza Sport 8/15. I have a VON, no VIN yet. Dealer has told me November and does not have any updates!
cole70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #28
arsa13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326909
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Des Plaines
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Default oh yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by antifeik View Post
Anybody still waiting on their order?
Yep:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsa13 View Post
Damn... I'm still waiting. Now it's been 8 weeks and counting! Thanks for nothing Subaru!!! Guess you don't want an easy sale!!!
Just called again today. Dealer told me to call back on the 10th and 20th, as that's when Subaru updates the system.

SO MAD. I was told 6-8 weeks... I've been without ANY car for 6 weeks now. It will be at LEAST 2-3 more weeks until I get my Subaru because that's how long it takes to ship from Japan.

This is ridiculous. Completely and utterly ridiculous.
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #29
arsa13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326909
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Des Plaines
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole70 View Post
I ordered my Impreza Sport 8/15. I have a VON, no VIN yet. Dealer has told me November and does not have any updates!
What dealer did you go to? I ordered mine from Grand Subaru. They seem to want to help me. However, with the amount of time most people have been waiting I'm starting to get angry. This is the first time in a long time I've been without a car (sold my Saab in August), and I took the dealer at their word that my car would arrive in the timeframe they gave me (6-8 weeks) - because now I'm forced to ride my TREK to work because the only way I could get close to the blue book value of my Saab was to sell it privately...
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:10 AM   #30
bluepearly
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 331437
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Vancouver
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza
Marine blue pearl

Default

i get this with my car too, i've seen other people talk about it as well
bluepearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #31
antifeik
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329212
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE
Default

I ordered mine,in 9/8/2102, i was told 6 to 8 weeks like everybody else. I ordered a limited in black with nav and all the bells n whistles, ugh, it seems that nobody like or ordered in black in the US. Contacted NOA and they confirm what the dealer have told me, December!
antifeik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #32
M45
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 333446
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza SL CVT
DGM

Default

man - I'm feeling lucky that they had one on the lot that was pretty much exactly what I wanted! Hope you guys get your cars soon...
M45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #33
cole70
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334033
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza SP
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsa13 View Post
What dealer did you go to? I ordered mine from Grand Subaru. They seem to want to help me. However, with the amount of time most people have been waiting I'm starting to get angry. This is the first time in a long time I've been without a car (sold my Saab in August), and I took the dealer at their word that my car would arrive in the timeframe they gave me (6-8 weeks) - because now I'm forced to ride my TREK to work because the only way I could get close to the blue book value of my Saab was to sell it privately...
We went to Maple Hill in Kzoo (which is kind of a long story). They originally said 6-8 wks after the order went in but when I called them later to bug them, they admitted it would be probably November. Luckily we have 2 cars which we are keeping so I am not without a car in the meantime.

I really feel for everyone who is waiting. I just cannot believe it takes so long to get an Impreza built and shipped! This is my very first Subaru and I am so excited but this wait is horrendous. I actually started looking in the early spring but couldnt find a white Impreza Sport anywhere and had to wait until the '13 ordering opened up.
cole70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:12 AM   #34
antifeik
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329212
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE
Default

SOA response:

Thank you for your email response. The average order time is 8-12 weeks for the Impreza models. However, it could take longer. We are working diligently to fill all orders that have been placed. This is a very popular model for us.
Thank you for your patience.
antifeik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #35
aeoporta
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 334126
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New York
Vehicle:
2013 5mt Sp Premium
Venetian Red & Dark Gray

Default

arsa13,
I feel your pain man, I am also on the waiting list and riding to work. I bike commute to work normally so its no change for me. I did keep my car though just in case but the way its going I kind of suspected a bit of a wait. might i recommend you hit up walmart they sell the under armour cold gear stuff under starter brand, and get a polartec coat for when it gets bitter cold, along with gloves and etc.
aeoporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:26 PM   #36
Piper
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 32242
Join Date: Jan 2003
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Jet City
Vehicle:
2014 DGM Forester XT
2015 WRB LTD WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antifeik View Post
Anybody still waiting on their order?
Ordered mine on 7/16, and no updates on the order. Still not expecting to see it until November.
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #37
cole70
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334033
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza SP
SWP

Default

UPDATE-I just got my VIN and an est date of 10/24! CANNOT WAIT!
cole70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #38
arsa13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326909
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Des Plaines
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Default Damn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole70 View Post
UPDATE-I just got my VIN and an est date of 10/24! CANNOT WAIT!
I just got off the phone with SOA and they are STILL telling me November!

Glad to hear that you're getting your car. At least someone in this thread will be the owner of a new Impreza before the end of the month... Can't say the same about myself. The rep pretty much told me that when the car is built, it's built, but we won't know more until then. There's apparently no way to escalate or prioritize my order either... Which makes sense, but I just don't see the point in making us wait this freaking long. I mean no offense to you, but I've been waiting longer than you have, and you're going to get your car before me. How does that make sense, Subaru?
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #39
arsa13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326909
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Des Plaines
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Default yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeoporta View Post
arsa13,
I feel your pain man, I am also on the waiting list and riding to work. I bike commute to work normally so its no change for me. I did keep my car though just in case but the way its going I kind of suspected a bit of a wait. might i recommend you hit up walmart they sell the under armour cold gear stuff under starter brand, and get a polartec coat for when it gets bitter cold, along with gloves and etc.
I wore some tight fitting working gloves I bought last winter for snow removal and a fleece on my ride to work this morning around 6:30am. It was about 43 degrees. It actually wasn't too bad, I just need to get something for my ears and/or face if I'm going to continue riding. I do have the option when I'm on nights to drive my wife to work in the morning and then take her car to work. She can get a ride home with a co-worker.
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #40
mickeykool
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332436
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

Apprently I got lucky.. I was about to purchase a 2012 Sport Limited but when I arrived to the dealership they just got in a 2013 Sport Limited. I jumped for that instead of 2012 since the 2012 was a loaner for some time from what I found out after I got the 2013. Whew!
mickeykool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #41
arsa13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326909
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Des Plaines
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeykool View Post
Apprently I got lucky.. I was about to purchase a 2012 Sport Limited but when I arrived to the dealership they just got in a 2013 Sport Limited. I jumped for that instead of 2012 since the 2012 was a loaner for some time from what I found out after I got the 2013. Whew!
I have seen other 2013 Impreza's at various dealers, but most of the people in this thread have ordered their cars instead of taking their chances. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but there's not a new Suabru in the entire country that is even close to what I have on order. I've checked, and so has the dealer I ordered my car from.
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #42
kenny doggins
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326540
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Oakland, CA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza MT SP
DGM

Default

Maybe this helps?

I had trouble with the dealer not being able to locate the car I wanted. So I tried another dealer closeby. Without being a dick about it, I basically let the first guy know when the second dealer was able to find and deliver the car. Because really I wanted to give the first dealer the business. He couldn't get the car in question so I went with the second dealer.

Worked for me, I ended up with the right car at the right price. Had I stayed with the original dealer I may still be waiting. Ps there's no way I could have learned to love the blue color over DGM
kenny doggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #43
cole70
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334033
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza SP
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny doggins View Post
Maybe this helps?

I had trouble with the dealer not being able to locate the car I wanted. So I tried another dealer closeby. Without being a dick about it, I basically let the first guy know when the second dealer was able to find and deliver the car. Because really I wanted to give the first dealer the business. He couldn't get the car in question so I went with the second dealer.

Worked for me, I ended up with the right car at the right price. Had I stayed with the original dealer I may still be waiting. Ps there's no way I could have learned to love the blue color over DGM

Didnt work for me. I went to at least 8 different Subaru dealers in my area-including neighboring states! NO ONE could find the one I wanted. I had no choice but to wait and order.
cole70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #44
arsa13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326909
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Des Plaines
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole70 View Post
Didnt work for me. I went to at least 8 different Subaru dealers in my area-including neighboring states! NO ONE could find the one I wanted. I had no choice but to wait and order.
Ditto. - My experience was the same as yours.

Plus, I still prefer my mbp, even if it isn't the midnight metallic blue my Saab was. DGM would be my next color choice if a decent blue wasn't available.

For what it's worth, I did shop around as well, and Grand Subaru was the only dealer willing to work on the price with me. All the others said in so many words, "pay sticker or gtfo". Also, for the record, Illinois (specifically C(r)ook County) is one of the worst states in the country for taxes
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #45
n00b on demand
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 158355
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: White Plains NY
Vehicle:
2012 Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

It took me just about 7 weeks to get my impreza....it took 6 just to get a VIN number
n00b on demand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #46
antifeik
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329212
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b on demand View Post
It took me just about 7 weeks to get my impreza....it took 6 just to get a VIN number
Ohhh, that gives me hope!
antifeik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #47
AllenEllis
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 325754
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default

I'm still waiting, too. Ordered a MBP Sport Premium with a few accessories back on 9/1/12. Was told "4-8 weeks", and the dealer just told me yesterday now it's looking like December.

Ugh!! I heard about crazy back-orders things srping but I was under the impression it was residual from the tsunami and had cleared up. Back then people were at least getting credits for $500 in accessories... any word if at least that promotion is still happening?

The frustrating thing is that the other dealer in town has a very similar 2012, but when I was there a few months ago I was pretty turned off by how they treated me (seemed to rush me out wouldn't let me test drive a WRX because I told him I "wasn't sure" if I wanted it or not). Google reviews for these dealers show that others have similar experience so I really want to keep my order where it is.

Ugh. Maybe they can do a trade or something. I'll find out Monday.
AllenEllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #48
ImpiHatch
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334411
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Default Fair Price?

Just ordered a 2013 MT Sport Premium with price of 21,150+ttr from my local dealer. Should be here in 8-10 weeks but that doesn't bother me. Very excited to be getting a new car after being carless for a couple years and so glad I found this forum! It's really helped me in deciding what to buy

Does the price seem fair? Options were side nets, cargo tray, mirror with compass, all weather mats, rear seat protectors and bumper appliqué. Essentially pop. package #1 but without the homelink mirror. Per Edmunds that's about fair market value but maybe I should shop around more. Dealer said I could cancel for any reason and I haven't yet dropped off my deposit.
ImpiHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #49
AllenEllis
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 325754
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default

Sounds like you got a better deal than I did. My order is for $21,900 for a Sport Premium with mirror + homelink, bumper applique, rear seat protectors and a cargo tray. I get the sense that's about $500 higher than some other people but I'm not loosing too much sleep over it. It's well under MSRP so at least I feel like I got somewhere negotiating
AllenEllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #50
antifeik
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329212
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenEllis View Post
I'm still waiting, too. Ordered a MBP Sport Premium with a few accessories back on 9/1/12. Was told "4-8 weeks", and the dealer just told me yesterday now it's looking like December.

Ugh!! I heard about crazy back-orders things srping but I was under the impression it was residual from the tsunami and had cleared up. Back then people were at least getting credits for $500 in accessories... any word if at least that promotion is still happening?

The frustrating thing is that the other dealer in town has a very similar 2012, but when I was there a few months ago I was pretty turned off by how they treated me (seemed to rush me out wouldn't let me test drive a WRX because I told him I "wasn't sure" if I wanted it or not). Google reviews for these dealers show that others have similar experience so I really want to keep my order where it is.

Ugh. Maybe they can do a trade or something. I'll find out Monday.
I was told the same, for december, ugh! Keep us post it
antifeik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.