Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday October 2, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
l1m1tedsc00b
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 316208
Default Contimplating next upgrade

Hey guys I have this 2006 Wrx Wagon and I'm trying to decide on my next upgrade and I'm lookin for a little input. Here's a list of my current modifications.

-Whiteline Swaybars (front and rear)
-Kartboy endlinks
-Fujita CAI
-Catless dp
-3 1/2" stainless exhaust
-Protune

Any suggestions?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
l1m1tedsc00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
gurusan
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 258165
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Wagon
WRB

You're not going to get many suggestions unless you also let us know what you want out of the car...
gurusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
l1m1tedsc00b
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 316208

My goal is 350+ hp at 20psi or so. I was thinking a Perrin TMIC or unequal length header would be a nice addition. Eventually I wanna run an 850cc fuel system and a 16g blousch turbo (looking at others also) but that's when I have the cash to drop into a turbo kit and forged internals. Just looking to get the supporting mods so that when the time for a turbo/fuel system upgrade comes I'm not looking at swapping out a buncha parts to get the quick spool and power I'm seeking.
l1m1tedsc00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #4
aslese
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 278720
Vehicle:
2006 Subaru WRX TR
OBP

First of all, its always best to discuss your goals with your tuner.

Unequal length header will slow your spool a titch. 350whp on what dyno? where? All dynos read differently. Turbo wise I suggest a HTA68, spools like a 16g with 18g type top end. Fuel pump and then 1000cc injectors would be wise because they would allow you to use e85 efficiently and give you wiggle room.

Other possible mods could be tgv deletes, external wastegate, ebcs, and then some sort of solution to battle heatsoak.
aslese is offline   Reply With Quote