Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday July 9, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Interior & Exterior Modification

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #1
Mastuss3055
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 334085
Default 2010 WRX Dash color change

I have been looking around here and have seen people talking about it. But i have not seen any pics on the mod. I want to change the red dash and radio to white. Im guessing i just pull the bulb covers off. But my question is.. with the covers off will the bulbs put off to much heat for the surrounding materials. also will someone post up some pics of the completed mod.. also as a side note im looking to put halo ring and blue demon eyes in the head light.. has anyone done this on the 2010 style wrx.. and if you have please let me kno what i need or if i can get it done anywhere..
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Mastuss3055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:09 AM   #2
cpotokar
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 309372
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2012 wrx
Satin White

I feel as though you should have a heads up as I see so many posts such as this that receive pages of negative feedback. Do yourself a favor and search for each of those items individually, if you still have questions afterwords, post at that point and provide pictures and as much info as possible.

What exactly are you trying to change on your dash, the gauges, the hazard light, the bezels?

Are you planning on pulling your headlights apart or sending them to a company? Details man details
cpotokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #3
Mastuss3055
Scooby Newbie

Im trying to change my tach and speedo from red to white.. and the ignition ring light to white also.. as for the demons and halos im going to wait for a lil bit on them.
\
Old 10-05-2012, 06:04 AM   #4
Doonagoowin
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 223651
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2009 WRX
Obsidian Black Pearl

I don't think you can even change the dash color in 08+. you can prove me wrong though!
Doonagoowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #5
2011SUBLURU
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 334054
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Premium
World Rally Blue

The 08+ WRX and STi use electroluminescence gauges in the dash. This is a film that glows when an electric current is applied to the it. The only way to change the color is to buy a new film and install it. I have never taken the gauge cluster apart so I have no idea how hard it would be. However, changing the radio and HVAC controls would be easier since these are illuminated by red LEDs. If you know how to solder, you just have to buy the color LED you want and do the swap.
2011SUBLURU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #6
Mastuss3055
Scooby Newbie

I realky wanna do thw dash to white but i don't wanna try it first don't have the experience to do it