Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday November 27, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 11:56 PM   #76
moonrider_99
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 258628
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: PA
Vehicle:
2009 WRX stg2-SOLD
2012 MS3

Default

If you look at SOA posting history there are gaps of several months, I actually find that quite upsetting and disrespectful towards the community. Keeping SOA up to date on nasioc is an investment of a few hours a week = 2-3 ppl from Cherry Hill HQ / customer communication department could easily take care of this...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
moonrider_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:20 AM   #77
Snow Drift
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 75071
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
4 Train - Subway
Past: 05, 08, 11 Red WRXs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrider_99 View Post
If you look at SOA posting history there are gaps of several months, I actually find that quite upsetting and disrespectful towards the community. Keeping SOA up to date on nasioc is an investment of a few hours a week = 2-3 ppl from Cherry Hill HQ / customer communication department could easily take care of this...
If you look into their history you will see a time when they used to post daily in multiple posts. Then you will see a trail of trolls arguing with them about the 2010 Legacy. After that they changed their policy on posting. It is not due to SOA losing interest in what we have to say (constructive posts).
Snow Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #78
samagon
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 26859
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: undisputed COMBAT! champion
Vehicle:
of TXIC
I also like (oYo)!!!!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Drift View Post
If you look into their history you will see a time when they used to post daily in multiple posts. Then you will see a trail of trolls arguing with them about the 2010 Legacy. After that they changed their policy on posting. It is not due to SOA losing interest in what we have to say (constructive posts).
It's quite amazing, actually, the sense of entitlement some people have.

The only thing I really don't understand is why SOA Blog engaged the children at all.
samagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #79
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samagon View Post
It's quite amazing, actually, the sense of entitlement some people have.

The only thing I really don't understand is why SOA Blog engaged the children at all.
+1 to this. It would've been better to only reply to legit posts. I miss their presence and glad to see them posting recently.

We should take advantage of this opportunity by asking more technical info, stuff that's already been released, but maybe not readily available? No clue what it could be, but I know other people have thoughts that have probably been bottled up since SOA Blog's inactivity began.

I know one thought I have is:

SOA Blog,

How did Subaru manage to muster 40% improvement in suspension for the 2013 Legacy and Outback? Where was all of that improvement hiding? Does Subaru chalk it up to tricks learned from the development of the BRZ? I haven't heard anyone around here bring it up, but I also don't frequent the Legacy forums, either.

Thanks!
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:21 AM   #80
keepclam
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 120244
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Everett, WA
Vehicle:
2006 Legacy SE Sedan
2006 Pilot EX-L 4WD

Default

^Might get noticed better in the Q&A for SOA Blog thread.
keepclam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:56 AM   #81
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Dang you and your logic!

Thank you kindly.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #82
SOA Blog
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 171797
Join Date: Feb 2008
Default

Our greatest challenge is to find something to talk to you all about that's useful to you - we can't discuss rumors or new product. We can't get into technical discussions (for various reasons). We've tried debating company policy and philosophy but that quickly escalates, and so that leave us a very small window to climb through.
SOA Blog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #83
SOA Blog
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 171797
Join Date: Feb 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrider_99 View Post
If you look at SOA posting history there are gaps of several months, I actually find that quite upsetting and disrespectful towards the community. Keeping SOA up to date on nasioc is an investment of a few hours a week = 2-3 ppl from Cherry Hill HQ / customer communication department could easily take care of this...
Moonraker - in reality we try to come on here when we have something we can talk about, see the post above.
SOA Blog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #84
moonrider_99
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 258628
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: PA
Vehicle:
2009 WRX stg2-SOLD
2012 MS3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOA Blog View Post
Moonraker - in reality we try to come on here when we have something we can talk about, see the post above.

Our greatest challenge is to find something to talk to you all about that's useful to you - we can't discuss rumors or new product. We can't get into technical discussions (for various reasons). We've tried debating company policy and philosophy but that quickly escalates, and so that leave us a very small window to climb through.
I'm glad to see SOA BLOG is still alive.

I understand that getting into our discussions on the forum is difficult in many ways and would require very careful thinking as far as what is said and how information is being given. Not to mention that a lot of these threads get out of control at some point. I also understand that getting into technical details of upcoming products is not possible but if I'm conversing with SOA BLOG, I expect some sort of continous presence (blogging), or at least answering some of our silly questions in the SOA thread (which has been loooong neglected): I see people asking for why certain options are not available or some other easy questions with no serious impact.

NASIOC is Subaru's fan base, we are those who go out and convince our co-workers and family to buy a Subaru. The time investment from SOA is minimal to keep a regular presence here and the results can be only positive.
moonrider_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #85
moonrider_99
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 258628
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: PA
Vehicle:
2009 WRX stg2-SOLD
2012 MS3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Drift View Post
If you look into their history you will see a time when they used to post daily in multiple posts. Then you will see a trail of trolls arguing with them about the 2010 Legacy. After that they changed their policy on posting. It is not due to SOA losing interest in what we have to say (constructive posts).
I would assume that communication professionals would know how to handle a few trolls- something we all do most of the time in here.

Wait, maybe I'm trolling right now.
moonrider_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #86
JustyWRC
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 153088
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TN
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
09 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrider_99 View Post
I'm glad to see SOA BLOG is still alive.

I understand that getting into our discussions on the forum is difficult in many ways and would require very careful thinking as far as what is said and how information is being given. Not to mention that a lot of these threads get out of control at some point. I also understand that getting into technical details of upcoming products is not possible but if I'm conversing with SOA BLOG, I expect some sort of continous presence (blogging), or at least answering some of our silly questions in the SOA thread (which has been loooong neglected): I see people asking for why certain options are not available or some other easy questions with no serious impact.

NASIOC is Subaru's fan base, we are those who go out and convince our co-workers and family to buy a Subaru. The time investment from SOA is minimal to keep a regular presence here and the results can be only positive.
When it comes to what is available and not available, he has answered that many times. It boils down to several things and usually the #1 is cost.

I would like to see SOA Blog on here more also, but what do you want him to say? The things discussed on NASIOC he basically can't discuss. You want anything else Subaru, go to their Facebook page. That is updated quite regularly.
JustyWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.